PWCG 13.3.0 Are the new cannons coming soon?

PatrickAWlson

I'm currently set up with version1.1,& love it*,so I am curious what the new version you are working on will include or change?

(* Although I haven't been able to fly the Bf-110 insimple Fighter mode,so far only Ground support.) :rolleyes:

PatrickAWlson

PWCG has a new address:

Download PWCG

I didn't get everything done but things had gotten to the point where there was too much content in one release, so here it is.  Note the new address.  It's a php file instead of plain html.  I made the change to put in a download counter.  

I have been flying test missions and I like the results, but you guys will test it more in a day that I can in two weeks.

Release 1.2
Corrected circling aircraft by allowing each spawned AC to fly its own WPs
Fixed Lagg skin assignment not possible
Fixed airfield assignment issue that made early 283 IAD campaigns unplayable
Me110:
- Fixed Me110 payload
- Added Me110 armor for ground attacks - will need unlocks to access
Ju87:
- Added siren to Stuka dive bomb attacks
- Added Ju87 ground attack option - will need unlocks to access
- Added guns for ground attacks - will need unlocks to access
- Added additional Ju87 armor for ground attacks - will need unlocks to access
Me109 E7
- Made primary role Attack instead of Fighter
- Added SG 1 as a Jabo squadron flying E7s
Fixed P40 parameters to avoid engine burn out while cruising
Added new advanced config params:
- SecondaryRoleOdds Odds of an AI flight generating a mission in the secondary role
- PlayerSecondaryRoleOdds Odds of an Player flight generating a mission in the secondary role
Better odds of clear weather for bombing and dive bombing
Improved air starts
Added fake fields to give AI a place to retreat to
Fixed no bombs for P40 on attack mission

• Upvote 8

Flew 3 missions with JG53 with v1.2 and I must say it looks very promising. It seems that circling planes problem is gone and that is awesome. 

One of those missions was ground attack and waypoints near target area were much improved.

It was a brief test but I`m impressed with the progress made with this version  :salute:

Tested 4 more missions and it is amazing update!

I was wondering, would it be possible to mark current frontline to the in game map? 

PatrickAWlson

Great stuff Pat, you have put life into BoS just as you did for RoF.

See Bug report for Emil SG1 missions.

Sorry about that,  Shouldn't have left the shop with that bug.  Fix is in place and will be delivered next release, along with the armor and armored glass that Luke requested.

Thanks Patrick, realy great job!

I used your fist PWCG version 1.1 and now have installed the new one (1.2). It looks very nice and friendly.

Unfortunatelly I faced a problem with a Mission launching and was asked by PWCG to put ErrorLog text here.

I'm doing and hope that the problem is not critical and can be fixed.

Thank you in advance.

PWCG Error

Sat Jan 23 12:46:32 MSK 2016
rof.campaign.exception.PWCGConfigurationException: Max friendly flights less than min.
at rof.campaign.mission.Mission.keepLimitedFriendlyFlights(Mission.java:581)
at rof.campaign.mission.Mission.keepLimitedFlights(Mission.java:519)
at rof.campaign.mission.Mission.finalizeMission(Mission.java:886)
at rof.campaign.gui.rofmap.brief.BriefingMapGUI.finalizeMission(BriefingMapGUI.java:723)
at rof.campaign.gui.rofmap.brief.BriefingMapGUI.actionPerformed(BriefingMapGUI.java:839)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering, would it be possible to mark current frontline to the in game map?

Yeah, bailing out and being shot to pieces by an enemy AAA emplacement because you didn't realise you were over enemy lines isn't exactly a good end for a career :|

Yeah, bailing out and being shot to pieces by an enemy AAA emplacement because you didn't realise you were over enemy lines isn't exactly a good end for a career :|

In one of my campaigns I am continually chased home by many Russian fighters who refuse to give up,so I lead them over evry blue square (AA) I can find,,,,but they are never hit .When I cross the lines going the other way if I am relatively low I am bracketed & hit very quickly.Are Russian gunners that much better than Germans?

Hi Blitzen, I think it is the same as with gunners. While the gunners in your aircraft are always sleeping and when the are shooting, they most times just shoot holes in the air, the gunners of aircrafts, you are attacking with your fighter are very often snipers, who shoot your eyes, out of fivehundred meters, with their back to you, aiming with a mirror.

Hi Blitzen, I think it is the same as with gunners. While the gunners in your aircraft are always sleeping and when the are shooting, they most times just shoot holes in the air, the gunners of aircrafts, you are attacking with your fighter are very often snipers, who shoot your eyes, out of fivehundred meters, with their back to you, aiming with a mirror.

Totally agree.... :ph34r:

I./ZG1_Dutchvdm

Although my observations are the same, i think this is eventually not true. Somehow it must be a matter of perspective. Same as the other lane in a traffic jam, which is always faster than the one you're in...

Grt M

Or my observation, that I always come to trafficlights when they just got red. Hope you are right martijn, because it is a bit disappointing when you have the feeling the game is always agaist you. But indeed I was in one of my latest missions warned by my gunner, that there is an enemy aircraft behind me. I am not sure that I did notice any time before.

Hi Pat, all pilot models seem to be missing, not sure if this is at your end or a general BoS problem

They`re missing when using autumn map. Or do you have them missing in all maps?

PatrickAWlson

The missing pilot is a funny one.  It is directly related to having incorrect seasonal options in a fall mission.  I used autumn extensions when there were no autumn extensions - you have to use summer.  So what the game did was default to winter, producing snowy buildings and snowy tire tracks.  OK, that part makes sense.  But it also removed the pilot ...  :scratch_one-s_head:

The missing pilot is a funny one.  It is directly related to having incorrect seasonal options in a fall mission.  I used autumn extensions when there were no autumn extensions - you have to use summer.  So what the game did was default to winter, producing snowy buildings and snowy tire tracks.  OK, that part makes sense.  But it also removed the pilot ...  :scratch_one-s_head:

Good work on sorting that out. That pilot thing sounds really strange  :biggrin:

Thanks Patrick, can't wait for the next release. Back to realistic screenshots, must say the 'ghost' planes did not go down too well for desktop backgrounds. I was actually back on ROF for a while while waiting for our pilots to return!!!

• PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 13.3.0 Are the new cannons coming soon?