PWCG 13.2.0 Trimming trees is fun

PatrickAWlson

PatrickAWlson
2 minutes ago, dburne said:

:good:

Much thanks Pat!

I will try out a new Bodenplatte Campaign in the Spit MK IX again, will be nice to be able to progress and still have someone to fight along the way!

Thanks for the font corrections as well.

You might get somewhere with your old one.  Taking leave might inject some more resources to get the LW flying again.

3 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

You might get somewhere with your old one.  Taking leave might inject some more resources to get the LW flying again.

That's ok, was not all that far into it and easy enough just to start fresh.

Thanks again!

Thanks Pat! Appreciate the fix of the pilot pic issue and the other nice fixes and improvements. Going to get some stick time in tonight. 

Flown a few missions and all is good so far. Had a scramble mission where ju88’s attacked our field. Plenty of time given to get in the air from a cold start and the mission was excellent. Tons of flak from the base and the bombers acted like bombers. Great fun! 

Edited by TheSNAFU

Two fighter missions flown with 9.1.0 and all looks good so far! Thanks Pat for fixing the "Unknown was killed" in the logs, it does good for the overall immersion!

17 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Fixed odd case where missions do not generate because a squadron is too close to the front

Thank you!  I was able to transfer back to II./JG52 and fly with Hartmann & Rall successfully now. 

However, the bug fix was bad news for Hartmann since I am clearly a bad wingman - he was KIA on my first mission with him.  Rall may be sending me back to JG51...:( 

• Haha 3

On 6/4/2020 at 11:24 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

On the intel report screen I am outlining resource starved units in red.

Just saw this in my report screen - Very nice new feature and I really like having all the squadrons displayed.

• Upvote 1

Ok so now in the PWCG GUI, I can not make my fonts any larger. They are all small now from when I had adjusted them previously I guess to get them all

on the screen, now they are really small. I am increasing the font sizes in the GUI but does not seem to be having any affect.

I must be missing something ?

Yogiflight
48 minutes ago, dburne said:

Ok so now in the PWCG GUI, I can not make my fonts any larger. They are all small now from when I had adjusted them previously I guess to get them all

on the screen, now they are really small. I am increasing the font sizes in the GUI but does not seem to be having any affect.

Same here

PatrickAWlson
3 hours ago, dburne said:

It stops you from using a font size that the screen cannot handle.  Just looked at that a bit more and the allowed sizes were probably too aggressive.  

Currently

< 1000 pixels high max is 12 pixel font

< 1400 pixels high max is 20 pixel font

Changed that a bit:

< 900 pixels high max is 14 pixel font

< 1100 pixels high max is 16 pixel font

< 1400 pixels high max is 22 pixel font

1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

It stops you from using a font size that the screen cannot handle.  Just looked at that a bit more and the allowed sizes were probably too aggressive.  

Currently

< 1000 pixels high max is 12 pixel font

< 1400 pixels high max is 20 pixel font

Changed that a bit:

< 900 pixels high max is 14 pixel font

< 1100 pixels high max is 16 pixel font

< 1400 pixels high max is 22 pixel font

Ok good to know, thanks.

Hi Pat,

Minor suggestion for inclusion of one squadron with the Fw190 Dora 9 for eastern front career 44/45. Intro date might make sense for 01/45 (or 12/44). Doras were definitively used by IV./JG 51 in march/april 45. Kurt Taenzer and Heinz Marquardt of 13./JG 51 were the top scorer in Dora 9 in the east.

Aircrew-Luftwaffe-JG51-ace-Kurt-Tanzer-right-and-Heinz-Marquardt-left-02.jpg

Edit: Looked a little deeper into it. Apart from JG 51 at 01/45 all available german planetypes should be available on the eastern front.

From: Christer Bergstrom, Jagdwaffe: War in the East, 1944-1945, page 142

snip1.jpg

snip2.jpg

Edited by sevenless
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dburne said:

On the Intelligence Report, what do the squadrons listed in red represent? Normally they are listed in black.

Resource depleted units.

1 hour ago, Nadelbaum said:

Resource depleted units.

Ok thanks.

15 Missions into my new Spit MK IX Campaign in Bodenplatte and I still have a few squads of enemy AI to fight.

Looking good @PatrickAWlson thanks so much for addressing this. Much better!

• Like 1

PatrickAWlson

Added female pilots (USSR only)
Adjusted fuel load by aircraft prior to briefing
Adjust maximum font size based on monitor size
Bugs
Fixed AAR issue that occurred when a log damage record was not attributed to a in game entity
Fixed incorrect plane type in skin assignments
Fixed issue that prevented night mission generation

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

:good:

Thanks much for the above fixes Pat!! 

I have company for the next few days, will try and get some time in whilst they are here but maybe not so much, look forward to getting

back to it as soon as I can.

😀😃😁😊🤑🤪😛😂🙂🙃😍😋😮👍🤪 😛😂🙂🙃😍😋😮👍😃 😁😊🤑🤪😛😂 🙏☺️ ............

After a pause, Iupdated  PWCG version 9.2 and played a little.

That's great, the improvements are really significant

Thank you Pat !😀

216th_Nocke

Just wanted to join and say "thank you". We are flying coops twice a week with 5 or 6 pilots, and especially since version 9 this is by far the most fun and satisfying way to play this game.

👍

• Like 3

16 Missions into my new P-51 Campaign in Bodenplatte. Up to Oct 12th '44 now.

Running out of enemies to fight once again. Last two missions have been empty. One an intercept, the other a patrol. Both long distances.

Intel report shows most enemy squadrons out of action currently, I think there were three total that showed active.

I guess I am just cursed ugh. Makes for a long afternoon...

I so love doing cold start and taxi, and these campaigns,  but when they are empty it sure makes for some long flights I will say. Sightseeing is really 

not what I am into.

Edited by dburne

Tried taking a few days leave in hopes the enemy might build itself up some, first 3, then 5 and then another 5.

Now down to only 1 Bomber squadron to fight.

Guess I will give up.

Surely I am not the only one that is experiencing this...

Edit: Ok flew another mission, ground attack. After completing it, I see the enemy has replenished some aircraft now.

Will keep a going.

Edited by dburne

PatrickAWlson
3 hours ago, dburne said:

Tried taking a few days leave in hopes the enemy might build itself up some, first 3, then 5 and then another 5.

Now down to only 1 Bomber squadron to fight.

Guess I will give up.

Surely I am not the only one that is experiencing this...

Edit: Ok flew another mission, ground attack. After completing it, I see the enemy has replenished some aircraft now.

Will keep a going.

Reinforcements generally take a week to arrive.

@PatrickAWlson

Proud new Yak-9 owner here 😄  May I ask why we didn´t have the Yak-9 in the late Stalingrad campaign? 42 IAP/ 168 IAP maybe? I know about the discussions about this topic.

But for the fun, why not.

PatrickAWlson
2 hours ago, Semor76 said:

@PatrickAWlson

Proud new Yak-9 owner here 😄  May I ask why we didn´t have the Yak-9 in the late Stalingrad campaign? 42 IAP/ 168 IAP maybe? I know about the discussions about this topic.

But for the fun, why not.

Despite what wiki says the Yak 9 apparently did not make it to the front until 1943, after Stalingrad.  From 1C's Black Six.  So it is available starting in (I think) March of 1943 for the 9 and a couple of months later for the 9T..

9 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Reinforcements generally take a week to arrive.

Just fyi in my case it took 16 days, if taking leave counts the same.

19 hours ago, dburne said:

16 Missions into my new P-51 Campaign in Bodenplatte. Up to Oct 12th '44 now.

Running out of enemies to fight once again. Last two missions have been empty. One an intercept, the other a patrol. Both long distances.

Intel report shows most enemy squadrons out of action currently, I think there were three total that showed active.

I guess I am just cursed ugh. Makes for a long afternoon...

I so love doing cold start and taxi, and these campaigns,  but when they are empty it sure makes for some long flights I will say. Sightseeing is really 

not what I am into.

Don - I know this probably isn't a solution for you personally based on the way you prefer to play, but for others, here is a potential work around for the lack of action:

Since there is a historical basis for the LW attrition in BoBp which Pat may be preserving, the best way to engage in more action as the LW squadrons replenish is to create a LW pilot in the same campaign.  Then, when you see many of the LW squadrons out of action, switch to that pilot/squadron for a few days.  You will have a target rich environment and can play survival mode - my suggestion is to fly with all the squadron's pilots in your missions.  After a few days, you will have helped your own LW squadron replenish , and other LW squadrons will get replacements.  Then switch back to your preferred Allied Squadron.

Also, another thing I noticed in my only BoBp Campaign that I played through the end of the war (so far), was that it seemed when the Eastern Front LW squadrons were pushed into range of the Western Front, there was more LW action.  (This was before @PatrickAWlson improved LW replacements).

29 minutes ago, Varibraun said:

Don - I know this probably isn't a solution for you personally based on the way you prefer to play, but for others, here is a potential work around for the lack of action:

Since there is a historical basis for the LW attrition in BoBp which Pat may be preserving, the best way to engage in more action as the LW squadrons replenish is to create a LW pilot in the same campaign.  Then, when you see many of the LW squadrons out of action, switch to that pilot/squadron for a few days.  You will have a target rich environment and can play survival mode - my suggestion is to fly with all the squadron's pilots in your missions.  After a few days, you will have helped your own LW squadron replenish , and other LW squadrons will get replacements.  Then switch back to your preferred Allied Squadron.

Also, another thing I noticed in my only BoBp Campaign that I played through the end of the war (so far), was that it seemed when the Eastern Front LW squadrons were pushed into range of the Western Front, there was more LW action.  (This was before @PatrickAWlson improved LW replacements).

Thanks for the suggestion, but I just can not switch sides, goes against my grain I guess LOL.

• Like 1

Ok so still on the topic of number of enemy aircraft available.

As previously mentioned, after flying that mission above they were replenished nicely, most all listed in black.

I flew one mission , and shot down a flight of four 109's. My wingmen did not get any.

Recorded my claims and submitted.

Checked intelligence report again, and practically all those enemy ai flights that were showing black after the previous mission, are showing in Red now.

We're talking like 10 squadrons going into the red after one mission flown.

Is this normal and to be expected? By this I presume there are lots of other flights going on and the enemy is pretty much losing planes in all of them that day?

Just curious, trying to wrap my head around how some things work. I will see if I can get some ground attack missions in the meantime while I wait for these to replenish. Which if like last time will be several days.

Edited by dburne

No, I knew you personally weren't one to "go both ways"... :biggrin:

Edited by Varibraun
  • Haha 1

PatrickAWlson
5 minutes ago, Varibraun said:

No, I knew you personally weren't one to "go both ways"... :biggrin:

As Woody Allen said, it immediately doubles your chances of getting a date on a Saturday night.  Oh,  talking about airplanes ... well, in the PWCG case it also improves your odds of finding action, just a different kind.

• Haha 2

PatrickAWlson

Major UI revision

Bugs
Fixed log cutoff for coops - need feedback

Fixed infinite loop if you try to take leave past the end of the war.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

Cybermat47
1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Major UI revision

Bugs

Compatible with 9.2.0 campaigns?

PatrickAWlson
7 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

Compatible with 9.2.0 campaigns?

Yes.  I write backwards compatibility code to ensure that campaigns from the previous version still work.  I have my own long running campaign so therefore very much a vested interest in ensuring backwards compatibility.  In 10.0.0 the medal names changed so there was a need to go back and change existing medal awards.

18 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Major UI revision

Bugs

THANK YOU for the continued development and improvements!!  I haven't had much flight time lately, but hope to get my guys back into the fight soon - and to track them on your new aces scoreboards.

P.S.  If I ever win the big lottery - you are on the list...in the meantime, some beer bucks will be on the way.  Thanks again! :salute:

• Thanks 1

PatrickAWlson

Fixed: Ground units deleted
Fixed: Restored days needed to recover on leave screen
Fixed: Error on transfer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi Pat,

I´m not able to continue with campaign in 10.0.1. There is no Mission button.

My fault. Injured. Sorry.

Edited by Almenas

[808_BOB]_Dafak-man

Patt, thank you for the major improvement to the UI with PWCG 10.0, it's way better than the old one. However, do you think it will be possible to bring back the generic UI but in a different form?

Right now text can be a bit hard to see over the complex background.
image.thumb.png.bc9ada25a2f339c54f421aca2455c100.png
So the new form can be the removal of the wall background and have it just as a plain color. Somewhat like what the main menu is.
image.thumb.png.ebb90bc35203b3e6d350b0a586551a82.png

What do you think?

Edited by [808_BOB]Dafak-man

• PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 13.2.0 Trimming trees is fun