Jump to content

PWCG 13.0.2 I like to watch them burn


PatrickAWlson
 Share

Recommended Posts

=RS=Stix_09

Had a problem creating a coop campaign with v8.9.0

 

After filling out all the fields on the creation screen the "Create campaign" button remained greyed out.

Further testing showed coop username to be the problem.

 

I found the problem to be when my full squad name was used for the coop username.

 

If I create the coop user as "=RS=Stix_09" it causes the problem, If I use "Stix_09" then the "Create campaign" button is no longer greyed out.

 

Will it still work if I use the my base username (without the squad tag "=RS=") ? Or is this going to be a problem (because my squad tag uses the "=" character?

 

 

Edited by =RS=Stix_09
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I correct in thinking friendly fighter escorts only hook up with my flight when I've accurately flown through WPs in sequence? I notice every now and then that whenever I try to link up to them they sometimes won't follow me; only to see once I've turned on indicators that I have missed at least one waypoint. 

 

If this is how it's done, is it possible to widen the trigger zone for waypoints? I find trying to fly the waypoints by dead reckoning with indicators off to be a bit iffy, sometimes missing what seems to be a trigger only by a smidge. 

 

If this wasn't the case I'm not sure why the escort rendezvous sometimes fails. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AerialShaDrone

Hey Pat, awesome job on the patches. Campaigns moving along smoothly. No game breaking bugs or anything, but I'm trying to figure out how to get MG's at airfields for appropriate airfield defense. I have it set to 1, but no dice. I increased Ground Density to High, and all it seemed to do was place fuel trucks randomly all over every airfield(?). Ambient balloons don't seem to show up either. Trying to make it a more lively world on the ground. I've attached the campaign if you (or anyone else) want to dig through it, maybe I've got my wires crossed somewhere in the advanced config or somewhere else. Thanks for the hardwork and dedication to enriching this game. It's made me and my Dad pretty happy being able to do this cooperatively.

WWI - Steubers Over The Front202005160005820.zip PWCGErrorLog.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm really looking forwards to the Yak-9T release soon.

 

I know that PWCG was recently extended forwards to be able to cover 43-44 Eastern Front timescales, so I assume I will be able to run a career for the Yak-9T?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=RS=ddrake1984

I have installed PWCG v8.9.0 and when I create a campaign I am listed as a pilot in coop pilots, but when I create another campaign, I become null and not selectable.

this makes it difficult if I want to transfer or retire my pilot (same issue if I create a campaign with a friend and I create another campaign with my friend, he becomes null and not-selectable).

 

I have also noticed issues in some cases (cannot work out what I did), where I can see myself and my friend as null but scrub mission is the only option for us as coop mission stays greyed out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

-332FG-Reedrick
6 hours ago, ddrake1984 said:

I have installed PWCG v8.9.0 and when I create a campaign I am listed as a pilot in coop pilots, but when I create another campaign, I become null and not selectable.

this makes it difficult if I want to transfer or retire my pilot (same issue if I create a campaign with a friend and I create another campaign with my friend, he becomes null and not-selectable).

 

I have also noticed issues in some cases (cannot work out what I did), where I can see myself and my friend as null but scrub mission is the only option for us as coop mission stays greyed out.


It's because you're essentially trying to use the "same" pilot for both campaigns.  For example, if your username is JimBob and you go to create another campaign and pick JimBob from the drop down box, then that profile for that pilot moves to the new campaign and leaves the old campaign thus giving you the "null" reading when trying to select him for missions in the previous campaign he was in.  I had this problem and couldn't figure it out for a few minutes.  All I did was if I wanted to have multiple campaigns I would just go to username on the new pilot creation and on the box next to the drop down I would just type my original username and add a number or something to it.  My name was Reedrick in my first campaign, so my second one I started I made my username Reedrick1 so that way I had two separate pilot profiles. 

Hope that makes sense

Edited by Reedrick
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson

8.8.1
Changed to AA
- Separate configuration for AA
- AA guns guarding approach
- More AA guns on the field (Murleen)
- AA guns in emplacements (Murleen)
- Enemy fighter aircraft will usually turn away from an enemy airbase
- Made use of some stock P40, A30, and FW190 A3 skins
Bugs
Fixed issue where logs got cut off in many coop missions
Fixed bug that might stop a train from showing
Fixed truck convoy pathing such that they stay on roads

 

The "issue where logs got cut off in many coop missions" was the cause of victories not being awarded in some coop missions.  This is fixed in 8.8.1

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question regarding journal, I started a new campaign flying in II/JG52. After the first sortie I see that my squadron mates have scored kills for "Unknown" people. Is this expected? In real life yes, but in PWCG shouldn't all the kills have a name attached? Just checking if there is a potential issue here.

 

Campaign attached and screen capture in spoiler.

 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d6963721db5feeb7149594d0ba663bd5.png

 

Bf109_JG52202005192105744.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest deleted@210880

Hi @PatrickAWlson

 

Are the waypoint line and label colours under your control for when they appear on the in game map? If they are, would it be at all possible to change them to being slightly transparent so as to be able to see more of the map underneath them; it gets a bit crowded sometimes at certain zooms on the map.

 

(I also reported that my P40 squadron was flying in white skins when it was an Autumn map, I logged it in the bug thread I think it was and don't think it was seen/fixed in the last version, haven't checked this one yet, am downloading now.)

 

Thank you for the work.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest deleted@210880
45 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

@John_Yossarian 

I did play with the P40 skins.  Try them.

Not sure about the labels on the map.

 

Superb, the skins are default green ones on the flight now! Thank you.

 

(The labels doesn't really matter, it was only apparent when there are a large number of close waypoints.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Flew my 21st mission in my Spit MK IX campaign .

High altitude intercept, cold start. It was a long mission.

Never came across any enemy AI to intercept.

We got all the way back to base and I landed first, then exited the mission.

 

AAR showed the loss of two Spitfires. Would this maybe have been in another flight that was going on around the area at the same time?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yogiflight

@PatrickAWlson, I started today flying in 8.8.1, still recovering from an illness, and already had the chance to take advantage of the new AAA addition. Really cool, to have now AAA on the airfield, helping you, when in need. Thanks for that great addition. The only thing, that is a bit odd is, the despawning after the enemy is killed. But I have to admit, the reason why I noticed it so much was my crashlanding at my airfield with a sliding, ending exactly next to a 37mm gun position:biggrin:

But this surely is neccessary for having a still flyable game after all these ground troops are playing war for us;)

 

One thing I noticed in the AAR was, in the page after the pilot losses, the plane losses, there were not the losses of our planes listed as first, but our air victories, and only on the second 'plane losses' page, our lost planes were listed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I seem to be hitting those spells of no enemy ai aircraft again.

Spent much of the day flying my Spit IX Campaign, I run across plenty of friendlies but no enemies in the air most of the time today...

Gave me a chance to focus on the new graphic rendering and reflections which was nice but would rather be flighting. Especially when the missions are long with cold

starts and taxi to runway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yogiflight
1 hour ago, dburne said:

I seem to be hitting those spells of no enemy ai aircraft again.

Spent much of the day flying my Spit IX Campaign, I run across plenty of friendlies but no enemies in the air most of the time today...

Gave me a chance to focus on the new graphic rendering and reflections which was nice but would rather be flighting. Especially when the missions are long with cold

starts and taxi to runway.

Obviously those damn Germans heard about you and try everything to avoid you now;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

Obviously those damn Germans heard about you and try everything to avoid you now;)

 

Lol yeah apparently. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, dburne said:

 

Lol yeah apparently. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Just a tip.  If after completing the mission goals with no enemy contact and starting to head home I will peal off and just circle that way point for an extra 10 minutes.  Sure enough an enemy flight or 2 or 3 will show up.  So now my decision is fight or bug out if alone.  If I'm alone I try to pick out one target hit hard then get out of dodge.  This has work several times and I can only remember once when it did not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Taxman said:

Just a tip.  If after completing the mission goals with no enemy contact and starting to head home I will peal off and just circle that way point for an extra 10 minutes.  Sure enough an enemy flight or 2 or 3 will show up.  So now my decision is fight or bug out if alone.  If I'm alone I try to pick out one target hit hard then get out of dodge.  This has work several times and I can only remember once when it did not.

 

OK will try to remember that.

Anything would be better than the bulk of time just flying with no contact, except for friendlies, which is what most of today was. Flew a mission just little bit ago and same result.

Edited by dburne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@dburne If you have been taking a heavy toll on the opposition in the previous missions, I think it can impact the enemy activity level as they await replacements.  In the "old" PWCG I would just take some leave to allow that time to pass.  However, in version 8, I now create an opposition pilot and join an "enemy" squadron to see if I can even the score a little. 

 

Fair warning:  Your new "enemy" pilot might run across your main guy's squadron and take out your favorite wingman (been there, done that - have the T-Shirt, RIP 💀).  But, this does add some real variety to the ongoing campaign.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have PWGC for Flying Circus installed for IL2 and it works great. I needed to download the Java runtime installer for it to work when I initially installed it.

 

Now, I just installed PWGC for BoS in the same IL2 install folder, and when I click on PWGC.exe it tells me I need to install Java. However, I have already installed Java for PWGCFC. I just tried running PWGC in the PWGCFC directory and it boots up fine.

 

How do I get BoS PWGC to recognize that I have Java installed?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, flyinj said:

I have PWGC for Flying Circus installed for IL2 and it works great. I needed to download the Java runtime installer for it to work when I initially installed it.

 

Now, I just installed PWGC for BoS in the same IL2 install folder, and when I click on PWGC.exe it tells me I need to install Java. However, I have already installed Java for PWGCFC. I just tried running PWGC in the PWGCFC directory and it boots up fine.

 

How do I get BoS PWGC to recognize that I have Java installed?

 

 

Not sure about FC, but PWCG for IL-2 requires 64 bit version of Java.

If you already have the 64 bit version then it is something else going on.

 

1 hour ago, Varibraun said:

@dburne If you have been taking a heavy toll on the opposition in the previous missions, I think it can impact the enemy activity level as they await replacements.  In the "old" PWCG I would just take some leave to allow that time to pass.  However, in version 8, I now create an opposition pilot and join an "enemy" squadron to see if I can even the score a little. 

 

Fair warning:  Your new "enemy" pilot might run across your main guy's squadron and take out your favorite wingman (been there, done that - have the T-Shirt, RIP 💀).  But, this does add some real variety to the ongoing campaign.    

 

Thanks for the tip, but I could never fly for the other side.

Not in my DNA...

;)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just re-installed java from the link that opens when trying to run PWGC.exe from the PWGCBoS directory. It still pops up that it needs java after installing java again.

 

However, PWGC FC (which uses the same java installer) runs perfectly fine.

 

I have no idea why PWGC BoS doesn't detect that Java is installed....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, flyinj said:

I just re-installed java from the link that opens when trying to run PWGC.exe from the PWGCBoS directory. It still pops up that it needs java after installing java again.

 

However, PWGC FC (which uses the same java installer) runs perfectly fine.

 

I have no idea why PWGC BoS doesn't detect that Java is installed....

 

IIRC you have to browse and select the 64 bit version of Java.

Check out Pat's post in the above thread I linked to.

Edited by dburne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Taxman said:

Just a tip.  If after completing the mission goals with no enemy contact and starting to head home I will peal off and just circle that way point for an extra 10 minutes.  Sure enough an enemy flight or 2 or 3 will show up.  So now my decision is fight or bug out if alone.  If I'm alone I try to pick out one target hit hard then get out of dodge.  This has work several times and I can only remember once when it did not.

 

Still having the same problem.  Had a couple of hours to spare this afternoon, and just flew around admiring the new graphics.

Even tried taking leave for a while. Run across plenty of friendlies, just no enemy aircraft.

Maybe will try career mode for a bit and see how it does. 

I don't mind running into this on occasion, but when it is the norm for me rather than the exception it gets tough.

 

 

45 minutes ago, flyinj said:

That did the trick, thanks!

 

I guess the Flying Circus version works with the default Java download.

 

:good:

 

Good deal!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yogiflight
34 minutes ago, dburne said:

Still having the same problem.  Had a couple of hours to spare this afternoon, and just flew around admiring the new graphics.

Even tried taking leave for a while. Run across plenty of friendlies, just no enemy aircraft.

Maybe will try career mode for a bit and see how it does. 

I don't mind running into this on occasion, but when it is the norm for me rather than the exception it gets tough.

I would simply start a new Spity campaign. Often the next camapign runs completely different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

I would simply start a new Spity campaign. Often the next camapign runs completely different.

 

Ok I guess I can give that a try. Hate to lose my progress in the other, but if the new one gives me some action it will be worth it for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dburne said:

Still having the same problem. 

 

I hate seeing you give up on a campaign.  Does Ctrl-F2 reflect any enemy a/c actually flying?  I had several missions in March 1945 where the LW was so decimated only the transport squadron was flying.  My allied fighter pilot finally resorted to ground attacks on target of opportunity (much like the thing, but I didn't shoot up any wagons with horses).  Then in April some of the Eastern Front LW squadrons seemed to join the fight and there was opposition again (my guess is that they came into range with the moving front - but would take Pat to verify).

 

Knowing your DNA - You could still create a "spy" pilot on the other side to transfer between LW squadrons to see if they are manned and equipped.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Varibraun said:

 

I hate seeing you give up on a campaign.  Does Ctrl-F2 reflect any enemy a/c actually flying?  I had several missions in March 1945 where the LW was so decimated only the transport squadron was flying.  My allied fighter pilot finally resorted to ground attacks on target of opportunity (much like the thing, but I didn't shoot up any wagons with horses).  Then in April some of the Eastern Front LW squadrons seemed to join the fight and there was opposition again (my guess is that they came into range with the moving front - but would take Pat to verify).

 

Knowing your DNA - You could still create a "spy" pilot on the other side to transfer between LW squadrons to see if they are manned and equipped.  

 

Yeah I hate to give up on a campaign also especially after being several missions into it now.

Did not know anything about a CTRL+F2? Can you expand on that?

I kept a close eye on the large map with icons to see if any enemy air around, and there just were not any. Lots of friendlies, but no enemies.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

dburn, what map are you flying your Spit campaign on?.  I just flew one on the Kuban map with lots of friendlies and 2 109's show and give us a hell of a fight.  Two of wing men crashed most likely going after a damaged 109 that was flying low and slow, message was that they crashed not shot down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dburne said:

Did not know anything about a CTRL+F2? Can you expand on that?

 

That should cycle you through all enemy a/c flying.  That's how I was able to see that only the Ju-52s were flying in my campaign when I didn't find any air to air action for a few missions. 

 

I know it won't work for your DNA :biggrin:, but I then switched over to an FW-190D squadron, got a few replacement pilots, and found plenty of action on the LW side of the campaign.  Then switched back to my allied pilot after I saw the LW had replenished and was very surprised when the EF LW squadrons also joined the fight.  Great stuff!

Edited by Varibraun
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I flew a mission yesterday and noticed that there was plane icons on the map showing the actual position of friendlies and foes. I have all this options wtiched off, so why they appeared on map?

2020_5_21__21_2_28.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cybermat47
5 minutes ago, CC_rush77 said:

I flew a mission yesterday and noticed that there was plane icons on the map showing the actual position of friendlies and foes. I have all this options wtiched off, so why they appeared on map?


That means that there’s a spotter ground unit in the middle of the light blue circle who is seeing the aircraft and reporting their position to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:


That means that there’s a spotter ground unit in the middle of the light blue circle who is seeing the aircraft and reporting their position to you.

 

Ok, thanks! I was thinking if it could be something like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yogiflight
7 hours ago, Varibraun said:

You could still create a "spy" pilot on the other side to transfer between LW squadrons to see if they are manned and equipped.  

Simply go to the 'Intelligence Report' and look through the enemy squadrons. It will show you what pilots and aircrafts are available for the squadrons.

And when you go to the 'Equippment Depot Report', you can see, what aircrafts might come as replacements the next days for them (and of course also for your and the other friendly squadrons)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Taxman said:

dburn, what map are you flying your Spit campaign on?.  I just flew one on the Kuban map with lots of friendlies and 2 109's show and give us a hell of a fight.  Two of wing men crashed most likely going after a damaged 109 that was flying low and slow, message was that they crashed not shot down.

 

Spit Mk IX Bodenplatte Map.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2dLt_Schonfeld
12 hours ago, CC_rush77 said:

I flew a mission yesterday and noticed that there was plane icons on the map showing the actual position of friendlies and foes. I have all this options wtiched off, so why they appeared on map?

 

 

I remember struggling to turn this off. But there is a way in game options and I think it´s the minimap. Try turning it off.

Despite having a spotter there were no GPS at the time so it feels very unreal.

I think the game is better played with every visual aid turned off.  Flying based only on the airplane gauges. Very immersive.

 

@PatrickAWlson or anyone else know why sometimes the leave to recover option is suddenly not possible? I added 5 pilots to the campaign and they were all in recovery but now i can´t pass the days because there is a blank page with the pilots name only in the Leave page.

 

Also, does anyone know how to configure our avatar pilots to die when they are suppose to die or an option to increase the chances of death? 

As me flying a P-47 campaign, I've been constantly chased and shot down by all things Luftwaffe and a barely get to a 3rd mission so the number of pilots added and in-recovery

is getting huge, since i enjoy following the squad in it´s time.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Lt_Magnov
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 13.0.2 I like to watch them burn

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...