Jump to content

PWCG 12.3.1 Tanks!


Recommended Posts

JG1_Jaus

I'm setting up my first PWCG coop campaign for my squad and there are a few things I haven't been able to figure out (btw.. is there on online manual for the current version?)

 

In the map screen when setting up a mission I see tick selections for the squads represented by the human players in the mission,   and I see buttons for "All Squadrons" and "No Squadrons".    In order to see the waypoints for a ticked squad, I have to hit "No squadrons" which seems to update the map.    Is there a better way to update the screen when looking at the map?     I see a similar behavior in the "Pilots" screen.    If I select a squad I have to hit another button somewhere to generate as refresh.

 

In the configuration options I am trying to understand the mission type percentages for the various groups (axis, allied, central, entente).     I had thought that the %s for each group should add up to 100, but from what I can see, they don't.    What am I missing?

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
PatrickAWlson
15 minutes ago, JG1_Jaus said:

In the configuration options I am trying to understand the mission type percentages for the various groups (axis, allied, central, entente).     I had thought that the %s for each group should add up to 100, but from what I can see, they don't.    What am I missing?

 

Thanks.

 

Configs no longer have to add up to 100.  They are now summed up and each individual value is relative to the sum. 

A  33

B  33

C  34

 

Nice and even adding up to 100.  33%,  33% and 34% chance for A, B, and C respectively.

Now I make a change

 

A  33

B  33

C  88

 

Now instead of a nice even sum of 100, I have a sum of 154.  The odds of A are 33 in 154, B is also 33 in 154, and C is 88 in 154. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
JG1_Jaus

I see, so more of a relative index than a percantage.

 

Any advice on how to get the map and pilot screens to refresh consistently when ticking different squads?

Link to post
Share on other sites
PatrickAWlson
11 minutes ago, JG1_Jaus said:

I see, so more of a relative index than a percantage.

 

Any advice on how to get the map and pilot screens to refresh consistently when ticking different squads?

 

Got to look into that.  Might not be working as intended.  Updating the map is a wonky process as it is raw drawing of lines over an image, something that Java Swing is not very good at.

Link to post
Share on other sites
HeinzST

@PatrickAWlson

You're a champion. I attempted something similar last night, and either I was much more tired than I believed I was, or I did something wrong. It appears to work now. 

Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Juliu5

Hello , Awesome program ! But i cant find PWCG Career to fly with Spitfire Mk. VB ? am i blind ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Cybermat47
9 minutes ago, Juliu5 said:

Hello , Awesome program ! But i cant find PWCG Career to fly with Spitfire Mk. VB ? am i blind ?


IIRC there’s only one Guards regiment that flies it for a relatively brief time in mid-late 1943 on the Kuban map.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
JG1_Jaus
1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

Got to look into that.  Might not be working as intended.  Updating the map is a wonky process as it is raw drawing of lines over an image, something that Java Swing is not very good at.

I think I forgot to mention that it is PWCG for Flying Circus that I am working with....

Link to post
Share on other sites
PatrickAWlson
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Juliu5 said:

Hello , Awesome program ! But i cant find PWCG Career to fly with Spitfire Mk. VB ? am i blind ?

 

Once the Normandy map hits there will be Spitfire V's galore.

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSNAFU

Hi Pat. I know you are working on a new version and in addition to the lack of AA will you also be looking to add more parked aircraft on the fields as it was before one of the more recent updates? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
PatrickAWlson
2 hours ago, TheSNAFU said:

Hi Pat. I know you are working on a new version and in addition to the lack of AA will you also be looking to add more parked aircraft on the fields as it was before one of the more recent updates? 

 

It was the same issue.  

 

PWCG has a concept of "hot spots" that amount to blank space around the airfield.  It then fills them in with AAA and static objects.  AAA gets priority and whatever is left gets static objects.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSNAFU

Oh that’s great. I should have known you were all over it! Thanks Pat

Link to post
Share on other sites
JG1_Jaus

My squad wants to try running a coop campaign where the members of the squad may be distributed over two or three campaign Jastas.    

 

The pilot roster chalkboard on the home screen lists the pilots for the squad of the reference pilot, but it doesn't say what squad that is.   Would that be hard to add?

Link to post
Share on other sites
PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, JG1_Jaus said:

My squad wants to try running a coop campaign where the members of the squad may be distributed over two or three campaign Jastas.    

 

The pilot roster chalkboard on the home screen lists the pilots for the squad of the reference pilot, but it doesn't say what squad that is.   Would that be hard to add?

 

You have to change the reference pilot to see things from the point of view of another persona.

Link to post
Share on other sites
JG1_Jaus
5 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

You have to change the reference pilot to see things from the point of view of another persona.

Thanks, actually I was aware of that.  My question was really asking for a new mod to display the name of the squadron  being viewed (e.g 'Jasta 10') on the chalkboard along with the names of the pilots in that squadron.

Edited by JG1_Jaus
Link to post
Share on other sites
HeinzST

Alright, we've got all our pilots sorted out now.

Last question: If I generate the missions and send them to the guy running our server, where can he find the data to send back to me for the AARs? I've tried digging around a bit and can't seem to find the right file, so I thought this may be quicker.

Thanks again! The guys loved the mission Friday!

Link to post
Share on other sites
PatrickAWlson
11 hours ago, HeinzST said:

Alright, we've got all our pilots sorted out now.

Last question: If I generate the missions and send them to the guy running our server, where can he find the data to send back to me for the AARs? I've tried digging around a bit and can't seem to find the right file, so I thought this may be quicker.

Thanks again! The guys loved the mission Friday!

 

This assumes that you have the campaign and you created the mission from your installation.  The mission itself was run elsewhere.  In this case all you need are the log files.

 

If the host presses "Report Error" PWCG builds a zip file that includes all of the files needed to run the AAR, including the mission logs.  The  feature was meant for me to debug issues so it is not optimized for purpose but it will work.

1. Open the zip

2. Ignore the campaign.  You already have it and you generated the mission, so you want to keep your copy of the campaign data.

3. Copy the mission log data to wherever your installation expects it to be.  By default this is <game install dir>\data

4. Run PWCG and do the AAR

 

More info if you are interested:

The reason this works is that you created the mission.  Therefore the PWCG mission data is already on your system.  That PWCG data has the name of the mission file.  With that information it can match the mission to the data logs, which also contain a reference to the mission file.  PWCXG will not care that you did not run the mission.  This is how I debug AAR issues - I can effectively rerun the AAR from somebody else's machine on mine as long as I have the campaign data and the mission logs.

 

Hope that makes sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
HeinzST
3 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

2. Ignore the campaign.  You already have it and you generated the mission, so you want to keep your copy of the campaign data.

3. Copy the mission log data to wherever your installation expects it to be.  By default this is <game install dir>\data


I'm getting hung up here. I don't know what data I'm looking for, nor where it goes. Is it a .mission file we're looking for? Or one/all of these .txt files that are just in <game>\data ?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by HeinzST
Link to post
Share on other sites
JG1_Jaus
On 3/20/2021 at 5:22 AM, JG1_Jaus said:

Thanks, actually I was aware of that.  My question was really asking for a new mod to display the name of the squadron  being viewed (e.g 'Jasta 10') on the chalkboard along with the names of the pilots in that squadron.

I found the squadron description  in the lower right on the Pilots' panel so my request is moot, but the pilot roster display on the right of that page is usually covering  the squadron description because the roster is too long.   Could the squadron panel be moved to the left?

 

On a different topic,  in PWCG for FC,  squadrons assigned to 'recon' role seem to be frequently assigned bombing targets more often than recons.   I checked the configuration for 'recon' mission types and it only has 'allied' and 'axis' and both are set to have 80% recon missions.   Do the 'axis' and 'allied'  mission type configurations  apply 'entente' and 'central' missions?

Edited by JG1_Jaus
Link to post
Share on other sites
PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, JG1_Jaus said:

I found the squadron description  in the lower right on the Pilots' panel so my request is moot, but the pilot roster display on the right of that page is usually covering  the squadron description because the roster is too long.   Could the squadron panel be moved to the left?

 

On a different topic,  in PWCG for FC,  squadrons assigned to 'recon' role seem to be frequently assigned bombing targets more often than recons.   I checked the configuration for 'recon' mission types and it only has 'allied' and 'axis' and both are set to have 80% recon missions.   Do the 'axis' and 'allied'  mission type configurations  apply 'entente' and 'central' missions?

 

What kind of mission is assigned is based on the squadron configuration for each role.  Example: No 2 squadron has a weight of 40 for recon,  30 for bombing, and 10 for artillery spotting.

 

I used Axis for Central because PWCG supports WWII as well and I had to pick one.  I could make a translation but it's not worth it for config keys.  

 

PWCG 11.11.2
Added new front lines to show progress of Arnhem
- Added newspaper entries for Arnhem

Adjusted unit placement to get some units closer to the front

Fix Sometimes player airfields do not have AAA or other units
Fix unselected player pilot could be assigned to mission

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 11.11.2 Arnhem!
216th_Nocke

Thx again for your much appreciated work, flying coops using your tool is indeed the most fun to play this game!

One question:  We'd sometimes like to have some of us flying bombers, others escorting them. Is there some way to figure out in advance, before mission generation, what squadron will have the escort task, so whoever would like to do that could transfer there? Can it perhaps be inferred from distance to next fighter base or something alike?

Link to post
Share on other sites
justin_z3r0
On 3/23/2021 at 4:01 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

PWCG 11.11.2
Added new front lines to show progress of Arnhem
- Added newspaper entries for Arnhem

Adjusted unit placement to get some units closer to the front

Fix Sometimes player airfields do not have AAA or other units
Fix unselected player pilot could be assigned to mission

This is great! Thanks Pat. I'll be starting another spit career in sept 44 soon!

Edited by justin_z3r0
Link to post
Share on other sites
PatrickAWlson
6 hours ago, justin_z3r0 said:

This is great! Thanks Pat. I'll be starting another spit career in sept 44 soon!

 

If you hold off a bit (not more than a month) it will be better.  I am doing something that will make PWCG emulate historical missions.  It's not exact recreations but it is commanding units to do what was really being done at key times.  For Arnhem that means focusing activity into the combat area with allied air drops being a key feature from the 17th to the 28th.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
blue_max
8 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

If you hold off a bit (not more than a month) it will be better.  I am doing something that will make PWCG emulate historical missions.  It's not exact recreations but it is commanding units to do what was really being done at key times.  For Arnhem that means focusing activity into the combat area with allied air drops being a key feature from the 17th to the 28th.

This is really awesome! Looking forward to it

Link to post
Share on other sites
justin_z3r0
10 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

If you hold off a bit (not more than a month) it will be better.  I am doing something that will make PWCG emulate historical missions.  It's not exact recreations but it is commanding units to do what was really being done at key times.  For Arnhem that means focusing activity into the combat area with allied air drops being a key feature from the 17th to the 28th.

Thats sounds fantastic! Thanks for all of your efforts on this. I cant believe I waited so long before I gave PWCG a try.

I'll wait for that update then!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainFlemme
11 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

If you hold off a bit (not more than a month) it will be better.  I am doing something that will make PWCG emulate historical missions.  It's not exact recreations but it is commanding units to do what was really being done at key times.  For Arnhem that means focusing activity into the combat area with allied air drops being a key feature from the 17th to the 28th.

 

Wow !! That will be an awesome feature ! Big thanks Patrick :clapping:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Vishnu

Hey guys....I cleared my missions, because when I ran PWCG it wouldnt fit any more missions.  Now it generates the PWCG folder in IL2 but it doesn't list the mission like it used to... what did I do wrong?  Thanks in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites
PatrickAWlson
51 minutes ago, Vishnu said:

Hey guys....I cleared my missions, because when I ran PWCG it wouldnt fit any more missions.  Now it generates the PWCG folder in IL2 but it doesn't list the mission like it used to... what did I do wrong?  Thanks in advance

 

There is a PWCG folder under missions.  Your mission is there

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Cybermat47

@PatrickAWlson I've run into a problem with the FC version of PWCG. I've set the base altitude to 3000m, but every enemy and friendly AI flight in the missions is flying very low, below 500m. This even applies to balloons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
PatrickAWlson
10 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

@PatrickAWlson I've run into a problem with the FC version of PWCG. I've set the base altitude to 3000m, but every enemy and friendly AI flight in the missions is flying very low, below 500m. This even applies to balloons.

 

Can you zip up the campaign?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSNAFU

Pat I have not had time to play lately but today I did and still don’t see almost any parked planes or AA units at my base. I’m seeing hardly any planes at other bases I have overflown. I thought I saw those were fixed, i do t recall seeing a setting that puts more parked planes vehicles and aa units in. The structure setting didn’t seem to add any or not many Or maybe my install is bad? Let me know what would help you if you need a file or something. Thanks for any insight. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
FodderMonkey
2 hours ago, TheSNAFU said:

Pat I have not had time to play lately but today I did and still don’t see almost any parked planes or AA units at my base. I’m seeing hardly any planes at other bases I have overflown. I thought I saw those were fixed, i do t recall seeing a setting that puts more parked planes vehicles and aa units in. The structure setting didn’t seem to add any or not many Or maybe my install is bad? Let me know what would help you if you need a file or something. Thanks for any insight. 

I've been noticing the same.  I have to keep my settings fairly low due to an older machine, so I just assumed that was the reason.  Airfields have trucks, but no AA nor aircraft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
TCW_Chattytumbler

Several campaigns finished and all have been fabulous. I'm try to start a new campaign flying the Hs-129 but I just can't seem to get any squadrons that fly it, can anyone help?

Link to post
Share on other sites
PatrickAWlson
31 minutes ago, TCW_Chattytumbler said:

Several campaigns finished and all have been fabulous. I'm try to start a new campaign flying the Hs-129 but I just can't seem to get any squadrons that fly it, can anyone help?

 

The earliest available date for the HS-129 is

March 1943.  

Role Attack

4.(Pz)/Sch.G.2

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cybermat47
20 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

Can you zip up the campaign?  

 

Sure, see the attached file.

 

I just did a test and found that there were some friendly aircraft at about 2000-3000m, but enemy aircraft were still somewhere below 500m.

 

There was also an issue with an AI flight of Pfalzes. Three of the four had Jasta 16 skins, but one of them had a Jasta 29 skin I got from HSD. Is there any way for selected skins to always match the squadron of the aircraft?

 

Also, just a note about I./JG 27 on the Rhineland map; they currently have Fw-190s, but to my knowledge JG 27 operated Bf-109s for its entire existence. Giving I./JG 27 the same equipment settings as I./JG 77 should do the trick.

 

I hope I'm not coming across as too nitpicky, PWCG is awesome!

Werner Schmidt.zip

Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSNAFU

Pat, wonder if you saw the comments on the lack of parked planes and aa units on the airfields? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22.Gr.CT.Ludovisi

I'm looking for a n intercept campaign with Me 262 in PWCG, but I found just an attack campaign: is it correct or I lost something?

 

EDIT: I found it, just choosing a 1945 date instead of 1944

Edited by 22.Gr.CT.Ludovisi
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 12.0.0 Iconic Events. Oh, and a Spitfire and Nieuport too.
PatrickAWlson

PWCG 12.0.0
Add iconic events
Rhine
- Arnhem: 
- parachute and cargo drops 9/17/1944 - 9/28/1944
- Rhine map front line improvements to show drops
- Ardennes: 
- German attack Dec 20 to Dec 24 1944
- Bastogne cargo drops Dec 25 to Dec 28 1944
- Allied counter attack Dec 29 to Dec 30 1944
- Bodenplatte Jan 1 1945
- German airfield attacks and Allied scrambles
- Plunder Rhine crossing March 23 1945
- Varsity air drop March 24 1945
Stalingrad: 
- German bombing of city 8/20/1942 to 8/25/1942
- German dive bombing of barges 9/08/1942 to 9/12/1942
- Uranus  11/11/1942 to 11/22/1942 1942
- Encirclement with cargo drops 12/01/1942 to 12/31/1942
Kuban:
- Anti shipping period 10/08/1943 to 10/31/1943
- Includes scenarios with opposing sides coming into contact
- Russian invasion of Kerch 11/01/1943 to 11/11/1943

 

Added Spitfire Mk. XIV
Added Nieuport 28

Moved start date for USAS up to April 1918.
Added runway start AI scramble missions to airfield attacks.
Bugs:
Fixed issue that could cause planes to spawn on top of each other
Fixed issue some places where bomber could act like a fighter

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
migmadmarine

Were there USAS squadrons in the Arras area? Or you adding them so we can use the Nieuport till the map comes out? 

 

Also, any plans to integrate the new rail yards as ground attack targets? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 12.3.1 Tanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...