PWCG 12.1.2 Plane markings for the 354th

2 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

s stated: alpha English characters only.   That validation is there because the game seizes (no kidding) if you feed it a non English name in the eng file.

Niccolo' Ferrara has to become Niccolo Ferrara (no apostrophe)

I understand that message, but I never entered that Niccolo' name in the pre-game info.
My pilot Name was GenMarkof!!!
So from where is taking that name mention in the ErrorLog?

Cheers,
=GenMarkof007=

8 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Russian skins.  New skins cover most, if not all, Russian planes
- Special shout out to szelljr this release because I covered all 32 pages for his skins and pulled dozens.
- Added more skins by SARFlytitus, Almenas, 352nd_Siqhter, and SR603-Flowbee, E69_Julian57, flyingfisch, CCG_Pips
- Added skins by several contributors from the Russian forum
- New skins are in skin packs 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 ... yes, there are that many
- Some P-38 skins made it in too
Changed skin algorithm to allow many more personal skins to be used

10.3.2 adds about 200 mostly Russian skins.  Many were done by szelljr.  Most of the IL2 skins came from the Russian forum.  Others came from different sources.  Next up are western allies.  I am saving the Germans for last because they are the hardest.  As noted in the release notes, the code has also been changed to make more use of configured skins.

All skin packs (apart from the Squadron pack) seem to link to PWCG Skin Pack 2.7z on the download page. Please check.

However, you can manually copy-paste one of the links and just change the last number from "2" to "3", "4", ..... to download them.

Edited by Nadelbaum
Added workaround
11 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Russian skins.  New skins cover most, if not all, Russian planes
- Special shout out to szelljr this release because I covered all 32 pages for his skins and pulled dozens.
- Added more skins by SARFlytitus, Almenas, 352nd_Siqhter, and SR603-Flowbee, E69_Julian57, flyingfisch, CCG_Pips
- Added skins by several contributors from the Russian forum
- New skins are in skin packs 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 ... yes, there are that many
- Some P-38 skins made it in too
Changed skin algorithm to allow many more personal skins to be used

10.3.2 adds about 200 mostly Russian skins.  Many were done by szelljr.  Most of the IL2 skins came from the Russian forum.  Others came from different sources.  Next up are western allies.  I am saving the Germans for last because they are the hardest.  As noted in the release notes, the code has also been changed to make more use of configured skins.

@thepiespy Squadron skins are designated in the squadron json files.  I have something for most of the squadrons at this point, although many, especially the German squadrons, could be improved.

That already delicious cake is getting some nice topping. 🥦🌶️ 🤗

1 hour ago, Swing said:

The link for the Skin Packs 3,4,5,6,7 doesn't work Pat...:sorry:...that give always the Pack 2...

Please see my post above:

"However, you can manually copy-paste one of the links and just change the last number from "2" to "3", "4", ..... to download them."

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Nadelbaum said:

All skin packs (apart from the Squadron pack) seem to link to PWCG Skin Pack 2.7z on the download page. Please check.

However, you can manually copy-paste one of the links and just change the last number from "2" to "3", "4", ..... to download them.

Yikes - sorry about that.  Fixed.  

To all: skins take up an absolutely enormous amount of space.  The new skin files are 2 GB compressed on ultra.  Not sure what they are uncompressed but probably on the order of 10 GB.  That's just the Russian skins.  Working on US now and then Germans.  In the end this could easily be 30 GB of disk space for skins.

• Like 1

American and British skins
Tons of P47s and P51s by 361st_Bugsy.  More by Tom Weiss, E69_julian57 and others.
- New skins are in skin packs 8, 9, and 10
- P47s, P51, A20, Spitfires, Tempest

On to the German skins.  This might take awhile

• Thanks 3

Thanks so much for this Pat! 👍

Seems to be a problem with the last skin pack (#10) however - zip seems to be corrupt or incomplete. I tried re-downloading and same problem.

Edit: It is now working fine, thanks. Maybe I caught it before it was entirely uploaded for download, idk...but working fine now. :)

Edited by Redwo1f

Now 29 missions into my P-51 Campaign, and still running great with plenty of enemy flights still available according to the Intel Report.

Thanks again for addressing this Pat!

I did have my first mission yesterday with an Intercept that had no enemy aircraft. This was my 29th mission and first one I have had with no enemy AI planes, 

so not bad at all. I am up to 11/16/44. I have certainly come to love the P-51, almost as much as my Spit Mk IX.  Now if I could just get my arms wrapped around the P-47 and feel the same about it.

I have a feeling it is a much better ground pounding plane than a fighter aircraft . Going to persevere though before giving up on it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dburne said:

Now if I could just get my arms wrapped around the P-47 and feel the same about it.

I have a feeling it is a much better ground pounding plane than a fighter aircraft . Going to persevere though before giving up on it.

I think we are going to appreciate the P-47 more when Pat is able to get his hands on the BoN map, and we travel back in time with the Razorback without facing the late model 190s and 109s.  I agree with your perseverance, it is an oddly beautiful a/c to me.

Ok I would like to get into the skins game but honestly don’t understand it all. By adding all the skin packs to the skins folder in the game will PWCG assign skins for the ai squadrons in the game so the squadrons are wearing the actual historical skins for each squadron? If that isn’t it can someone outline how the skin packs affect the game? I have the blue nosed bastard skins that I like assigned to my entire squadron from 352 fg via the loose feature and will want to retain those. Any clarity on this is most appreciated. 

8 hours ago, dburne said:

Now 29 missions into my P-51 Campaign, and still running great with plenty of enemy flights still available according to the Intel Report.

Thanks again for addressing this Pat!

I did have my first mission yesterday with an Intercept that had no enemy aircraft. This was my 29th mission and first one I have had with no enemy AI planes, 

Hmm, funny. After 22 missions with a Bf110 E2:hunter: in october 1941 ahead of Moscow, we ran out of Russian enemies:huh:. Fortunately after the 29th mission they were back in duty again:drinks:

10.3.4 coming soon.  German skins plus some fixes to issues people have raised.  At the moment there are 15 skin packs.  Uncompressed, they take less disk space than I thought: about 15 GB.  886 skins.  Add the in game skins and we are probably over 1000 skins.  

10.3.4 Released

Lots of German skins from E69_Julian57, MarcoPegase44, SR603-Flowbee, Ouky1991, Raptorattacker, szelljr, SARFlytitus
- New skins are in skin packs 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
- Every German plane except the He111 H16 (no skins), Me 109 E7, and Ju52

Made temperature specific to each map (and fixed overly warm Moscow)
Fixed fuel allocation issue
Fixed coop AAR error that could occur due to bad log set
Fixed Italian names
Fixed erroneous plane not owned message

That's it for core skins for BoS.  Will continue to add more as they become available.  between approximately 900 user made skins and 200-300 in game skins there should be some good stuff to choose from.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thanks Pat, that, again, sounds really great. And I would also like to thank all those, who allowed you to use their skins for your great campaign generator.

A second thing, I would like to mention is, the AI, indeed seems to concentrate less at AAA in ground attack missions, since the change you made after the last (?) game update.

I was flying two or three 110 missions in the game's career mode and the difference in ground attack behaviour is absolutely noticeable.

A big :good: from me

4 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

10.3.4 Released

Lots of German skins from E69_Julian57, MarcoPegase44, SR603-Flowbee, Ouky1991, Raptorattacker, szelljr, SARFlytitus
- New skins are in skin packs 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
- Every German plane except the He111 H16 (no skins), Me 109 E7, and Ju52

Made temperature specific to each map (and fixed overly warm Moscow)
Fixed fuel allocation issue
Fixed coop AAR error that could occur due to bad log set
Fixed Italian names
Fixed erroneous plane not owned message

That's it for core skins for BoS.  Will continue to add more as they become available.  between approximately 900 user made skins and 200-300 in game skins there should be some good stuff to choose from.

Hi Pat, this is really great progress. Wonderful!

I have a question. How to read the missing skins report? I own all planes and have all the skin packs installed. In the report there are 48 planes listed. Some seem to say skins are configured but missing, for instance like this:

Plane: A-20B
    Skin Name:A20B_47th_bombardment_24_sylvia
    Skin Category:Configured

This skin is installed. So what does this mean?

Thanks for your continous improvement of PWCG and thus the whole game.

Aufpassen!

@Aufpassen

It means that I have some cleanup to do.  If the user installs every skin pack and runs thew skin analysis there should be no missing skins.  I just did it myself and saw about 40 (out of 1000+ skins).  Not shocking to me at this stage.  I could have held the release but decided not to as the ramifications of a missing skin are not much at all (game will use default).   Thanks for pointing that out.

@Yogiflight

I made the AA not enlargeable.   That has problems of its own but it is less of a problem than watching the AI engage only AA.  if 1C makes a code change for better prioritization I can revert that change.

Oh, and you got your change of weather :) 

3 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Oh, and you got your change of weather :) 

Yes, I read it and was very happy about it, also about the fix of the fuel issue.

Let me ask a maybe stupid question, but as someone, who rarely used other skins than the official skins, what have I to do with the skin packs? Unzip into PWCGs skins folder and then I will have them in the missions, or will I have to assign them to the aircrafts myself?

1 hour ago, Yogiflight said:

Yes, I read it and was very happy about it, also about the fix of the fuel issue.

Let me ask a maybe stupid question, but as someone, who rarely used other skins than the official skins, what have I to do with the skin packs? Unzip into PWCGs skins folder and then I will have them in the missions, or will I have to assign them to the aircrafts myself?

Unzip the skin packs into your main game folder.  They go into the game and not PWCG.  The skins will end up in <BoS install>\data\graphics\skins.  I have the "data\graphics\skins" path already configured in the zip.

PWCG has configuration files that tells PWCG how to use them (which squadron, what timer period. etc.).  If you do not want to install the skins then PWCG will just use the in game skins.  If you do choose to use the skin packs,  15 GB later the planes that you see will have a very diverse skin set.  

1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Unzip the skin packs into your main game folder.  They go into the game and not PWCG.  The skins will end up in <BoS install>\data\graphics\skins.  I have the "data\graphics\skins" path already configured in the zip.

PWCG has configuration files that tells PWCG how to use them (which squadron, what timer period. etc.).  If you do not want to install the skins then PWCG will just use the in game skins.  If you do choose to use the skin packs,  15 GB later the planes that you see will have a very diverse skin set.  

Ok, thanks. So even I should be able to use them:biggrin:

Hopefully my download will not again go down to 280kb/s after 170 MB downloaded.

15 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

@PatrickAWlson

Any chance for you to bring the Velikie Luki map (Summer/ Winter) ino PWCG?

Started to think about it last night but have not seriously looked into it. 

The biggest appeal to me is the summer map.  It would allow a PWCG campaign to start 3 months earlier (July 1942 instead of October).  The winter part IMHO offers less since it coincides with Stalingrad. They happened at the same time with similar results.  

Bringing a new map in is quite a bit of work so it's not going to happen quickly, but it will happen eventually.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 5
2 hours ago, Hartsblade said:

Probably a dumb question, but in order to use the skins correctly in multiplayer, they need to be installed on each players PC. Is that correct?

Yep, those who don't have them installed, will see and of course also fly with the default skin.

@PatrickAWlson

Hey Pat, just a quick note - now 63 missions into my P-51 Campaign and still plenty of enemy air activity. Up to 2-25-45.

In fact I think so far I have only had two missions that were based on fighting enemy air that I did not find any.

Really nice!

• Thanks 1
On 8/29/2020 at 1:22 AM, DrumThumpnMonkey said:

Hopefully this is the right section to ask...I am trying to start a German Campaign and the missions never generate.....anyone else having that problem?

So you don't specify what you are doing or why you think the mission is not generating. 

Possibility 1: you are not going through the mission generation process and not pressing "accept mission".

You have to go through the whole process (4 pages) and them press accept mission.  The mission generates after you press "Accept Mission".  You do not get the "Accept Mission" button until the last page of the mission generation process.

Possibility 2: You really are generating the mission but the game is not showing it.  This is usually caused by crating a mission for a plane that you do not own.

Are there future plans to add RAF Boston squadrons to the campaign? I don't suppose it'd be a lot different from the current A-20 campaigns, but it's nice to think about.

54 minutes ago, co199 said:

Are there future plans to add RAF Boston squadrons to the campaign? I don't suppose it'd be a lot different from the current A-20 campaigns, but it's nice to think about.

I had thought od switching one of the British bomber squadrons to A20s and one of the American to B25s.  Should do that.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

So you don't specify what you are doing or why you think the mission is not generating. 

Possibility 1: you are not going through the mission generation process and not pressing "accept mission".

You have to go through the whole process (4 pages) and them press accept mission.  The mission generates after you press "Accept Mission".  You do not get the "Accept Mission" button until the last page of the mission generation process.

Possibility 2: You really are generating the mission but the game is not showing it.  This is usually caused by crating a mission for a plane that you do not own.

Sorry that I wasn't specific. I setup the who mission with a plane I own accept it and it says generating mission. I wait over 5 minutes and nothing is generated. So I generate an Allied mission and it creates it right away. Just seems to only happen when I fly Axis planes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 12.1.2 Plane markings for the 354th