14 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

Is anyone else encountering Hurricanes with RAF markings and MC.202s in Luftwaffe markings over Moscow?

I've not been able to add pilots to any campaigns set to run from 1941 due to what appears to be that very issue, the error log says this:

"Running BoS

Invalid plane for squadron skin <10111003><la5ns2_skin_05>

Invalid plane for squadron skin <10111157><hurricanemkii_skin_00>

Invalid plane for squadron skin <10111157><hurricanemkii_skin_01>

Invalid plane for squadron skin <10111157><hurricanemkii_skin_02>

Invalid plane for squadron skin <20111077><I_JG77>"

15 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

Is anyone else encountering Hurricanes with RAF markings and MC.202s in Luftwaffe markings over Moscow?

Saw the C-47 having still the US markings. 'Lend and Lease' planes.

I think they'll get repainted by the Russian ground crews in the next time.

Edited by vonGraf
1 hour ago, J3Hetzer said:

I've not been able to add pilots to any campaigns set to run from 1941 due to what appears to be that very issue, the error log says this:

"Running BoS

Invalid plane for squadron skin <10111003><la5ns2_skin_05>

Invalid plane for squadron skin <10111157><hurricanemkii_skin_00>

Invalid plane for squadron skin <10111157><hurricanemkii_skin_01>

Invalid plane for squadron skin <10111157><hurricanemkii_skin_02>

Invalid plane for squadron skin <20111077><I_JG77>"

Those are warnings but not errors.  I looked th the log that you sent me via PM and did not see any program errors/  When you say that you cannot create a pilot what exactly are you unable to do?  No create pilot button?  Create the pilot but you can't see him?

7 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Those are warnings but not errors.  I looked th the log that you sent me via PM and did not see any program errors/  When you say that you cannot create a pilot what exactly are you unable to do?  No create pilot button?  Create the pilot but you can't see him?

When I try to create a pilot the final "Create Pilot" button remains greyed out. I was able to create one for my Bodenplatte campaign but the three I've tried since then (new campaigns of various years), no joy.

Greyed out means lack of completion - or PWCG thinks the process is not complete.  You have to fill out every item on the list and hit "next step"  until you finish the last item.

The other possibility is that the name is somehow invalid.  Be careful to use English characters only.  No special characters.  No numbers.  No punctuation characters.

All English characters (Pablo) and every step completed. Each uncompleted step is in red so no mistakes there. It worked perfectly for the campaign I'd test-flown one mission in. Could that be the problem, a mission needs to be flown before other pilots can be entered?

Edited by J3Hetzer
3 minutes ago, J3Hetzer said:

All English characters (Pablo) and every step completed. Each uncompleted step is in red so no mistakes there. It worked perfectly for the campaign I'd test-flown one mission in. Could that be the problem, a mission needs to be flown before other pilots can be entered?

No such requirement.  Can you zip your campaign with "report error" so I can take a look?

10 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

No such requirement.  Can you zip your campaign with "report error" so I can take a look?

I'll go create a new campaign and be back soon (I deleted all the existing ones).

Ok, created this one and tried to add Pablo, same issue.

WW2 Luftwaffe from 1942.202012151712773.zip

Edited by J3Hetzer

@PatrickAWlson in addition to the British Hurricane and German MC.202 skins I'm finding over Moscow, I've also run into US C-47s and Bf-110s in winter camouflage. I've also found 122 IAP and 38 PAE skins being used by MiGs in the same flight.

All of the out-of-place skins seem to be official ones, if that helps. It seems like something is stopping the AI aircraft from using the default skins they're meant to have, and instead giving them a jumble of different official skins.

Is it possible to use different Planes through the campaign? I've created 6 Pilots for our squad. Everyone is a Fighter Pilot. So every generated Mission starts with the bf 109 f4.

Is it possible to use bombers in some Missions without changing the Pilots? Or do I have to create Bomber Pilots, Fighter Pilots, Attack Pilots etc. to geht different Planes in our Campaign? 

I want that Pilot A is flying the bf109 f4 in one Mission and the same Pilot A flying a Bomber in further campaign.

1 hour ago, Schuhmi93 said:

Is it possible to use different Planes through the campaign? I've created 6 Pilots for our squad. Everyone is a Fighter Pilot. So every generated Mission starts with the bf 109 f4.

Is it possible to use bombers in some Missions without changing the Pilots? Or do I have to create Bomber Pilots, Fighter Pilots, Attack Pilots etc. to geht different Planes in our Campaign? 

I want that Pilot A is flying the bf109 f4 in one Mission and the same Pilot A flying a Bomber in further campaign.

When you create a pilot you have to assign his role and then choose from the options as to unit. You can't assign a bomber-role to a fighter unit for example.

You can later on transfer a pilot from one role to another (and then choose his new unit thereof).

Edited by JG51-Hetzer
2 hours ago, JG51-Hetzer said:

When you create a pilot you have to assign his role and then choose from the options as to unit. You can't assign a bomber-role to a fighter unit for example.

You can later on transfer a pilot from one role to another (and then choose his new unit thereof).

Ah okay. So I can transfer Pilot A before the mission starts to the Bomber role and after the mission I can transfer him back to fighter role for the next mission? Then my Problem should be solved.. thanks 

54 minutes ago, Schuhmi93 said:

Ah okay. So I can transfer Pilot A before the mission starts to the Bomber role and after the mission I can transfer him back to fighter role for the next mission? Then my Problem should be solved.. thanks 

I would think you'd need to do transfers before generating a mission.

2 hours ago, Schuhmi93 said:

Okay I'll try. 

Edit: didn't read the initial post carefully enough the first time.  You can transfer freely with your pilot but be aware that a transfer causes about 1 week of time.

Going for the Ben Affleck thing? :) 

Edited by PatrickAWlson
6 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Edit: didn't read the initial post carefully enough the first time.  You can transfer freely with your pilot but be aware that a transfer causes about 1 week of time.

Going for the Ben Affleck thing? :) 

It was Just an Idea to be more flexible in our Campaign. If one of our Squad members feeling bored after 4 fighter missions, he can switch the role to fly 2-3 Bomber missions before switching back to fighter role.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Schuhmi93 said:

It was Just an Idea to be more flexible in our Campaign. If one of our Squad members feeling bored after 4 fighter missions, he can switch the role to fly 2-3 Bomber missions before switching back to fighter role.

I misspoke - you can do that.  

<Your Campaign>->Administer Coop Pilots

Choose the pilot

Press "Transfer Pilot"

Go through the process of selecting a new unit.

There is no time penalty for coop transfers.

59 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I misspoke - you can do that.  

<Your Campaign>->Administer Coop Pilots

Choose the pilot

Press "Transfer Pilot"

Go through the process of selecting a new unit.

There is no time penalty for coop transfers.

Yes Perfect, thats the thing I'm looking for 😀

Been playing Pwcg since the days of Rise of flight. I have always just been a silent observer/ fan of this game. I have possibly 1000 hours with both PWCG combined over the years. So first off, I would like to say thank you. I am really enjoying this update. I like the uniforms you added in the awards section.

It gave me an idea. The Germans would receive decorations for taking part in specific campaigns. Moscow, Kuban, Kurland ect.. If they fought in Moscow they got the Eastern Front medal, and ribbon. For Kuban they got the "Kuban Shield" worn on the shoulder. Many other badges awarded for specific campaigns, but most do not apply to IL2. The U.S. also made ribbons for certain battles, like Normandy and Africa/Italy. I am not certain about Britain or Russia but I'm sure they did. 

These "medals" could be received at specific dates to simplify the requirements for receiving them. They have this in the base game so copying those medals shouldn't be too involved. I would also love some news articles. But these are just requests, not demands lol. I appreciate all the hard work and devotion put into PWCG over the years. Getting ready to go do some flying right now. 

Hello Pat! Please help, the problem is this: I used to use PWCGv.7.2.0 and everything worked, but when switching to 11.8.1 I ran into a problem - the mission is generated successfully, but the mission itself does not load in the game. I tried to create different missions on different maps, but nothing changes - mission loading failure. JAVA - updated, "1" - in the config file is. I attach the mission archive, thanks in advance.
P.S. Sorry for my english

Bombers over Kuban 1942-06-01.rar PWCGErrorLog.txt

13.01.2021 в 19:43, shturman09 сказал:

Hello Pat! Please help, the problem is this: I used to use PWCGv.7.2.0 and everything worked, but when switching to 11.8.1 I ran into a problem - the mission is generated successfully, but the mission itself does not load in the game. I tried to create different missions on different maps, but nothing changes - mission loading failure. JAVA - updated, "1" - in the config file is. I attach the mission archive, thanks in advance.
P.S. Sorry for my english

Bombers over Kuban 1942-06-01.rar 257 kB · 1 скачивание PWCGErrorLog.txt 612 B · 0 скачиваний

Good afternoon everyone, I ask for help again in solving my problem. Thank you.

4 hours ago, shturman09 said:

Are you looking in the PWCG folder after you click on Missions? 

211970296_PWCGmissionslocation.thumb.jpg.df03bd130e3b3ef31414b7d1c1c0d4a6.jpg

30 minutes ago, shturman09 said:

yes, of course, missions from this folder are reset when loading, thanks a lot for the answer

Just to confirm, PWCG 11.8.1 is generating missions for you, and you can find them in IL-2? Yes/No

Edited by busdriver
4 hours ago, shturman09 said:

Are you generating a new campaign with 11 or are you trying to use a version 7 campaign with PWCG 11?  Reading your post it wasn't clear.

At the moment I am full out on PWCG 11.9.0 and real life.  I will see what I can do when I am able, but no promises on a timeline.  Here are some of the causes that I have seen":

People do not realize that mission creation in PWCG is a four step process.  You have to go through each step.  The mission is created after you press "Accept Mission:

1. Mission Briefing

2. Briefing Map

3. Waypoint Editor

4. Pilot Selection

"Accept Mission" is available on the pilot selection screen.

if you are doing all of that, the mission is being created, you are looking in the PWCG folder, and you still do not see the mission in the game - you might not own the plane.  The game will not offer missions that put the player into a plane they do not own.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
19 часов назад, PatrickAWlson сказал:

Are you generating a new campaign with 11 or are you trying to use a version 7 campaign with PWCG 11?  Reading your post it wasn't clear.

At the moment I am full out on PWCG 11.9.0 and real life.  I will see what I can do when I am able, but no promises on a timeline.  Here are some of the causes that I have seen":

People do not realize that mission creation in PWCG is a four step process.  You have to go through each step.  The mission is created after you press "Accept Mission:

1. Mission Briefing

2. Briefing Map

3. Waypoint Editor

4. Pilot Selection

"Accept Mission" is available on the pilot selection screen.

if you are doing all of that, the mission is being created, you are looking in the PWCG folder, and you still do not see the mission in the game - you might not own the plane.  The game will not offer missions that put the player into a plane they do not own.

yes, of course, I confirm that I go all the way through the generation of the mission as pointed out by Patrick, I am creating a mission with 11.8.1 (previously, with 7.2.0 there were no problems), I own this aircraft, I see it in the PWCG folder in the game itself, but I cannot start the mission, constantly drops it into the mission window

2021_1_18__11_35_26.jpg

Edited by shturman09

I'm a little unclear on the organization of this forum, so sorry to Pat in advance, it must be a bear of a time to track user issues across all the threads.

On 12/21/2020 at 10:18 PM, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

@PatrickAWlson in addition to the British Hurricane and German MC.202 skins I'm finding over Moscow, I've also run into US C-47s and Bf-110s in winter camouflage. I've also found 122 IAP and 38 PAE skins being used by MiGs in the same flight.

All of the out-of-place skins seem to be official ones, if that helps. It seems like something is stopping the AI aircraft from using the default skins they're meant to have, and instead giving them a jumble of different official skins.

I came here to post about this issue as well, Hurricanes in RAF markings over Moscow. Had a confusing time with target ID! (They're 157 IAP)

@[Pb]Cybermat47 do you own the planes? I thought maybe the issue was that I don't own the Hurricane (or any Axis collector planes either).

It's a minor thing but would love to see the Red Star on these guys.

Here's my photo of the cryptid. (like seeing Bigfoot)

image.png.f9e5285b21f1e59b76518275527b5fc5.pngimage

Edited by stylo
1 hour ago, stylo said:

@[Pb]Cybermat47 do you own the planes?

No. I don’t think that’s a factor, but it’s worth investigating.

Has anyone here who owns the Hurricane had this issue?

1 hour ago, stylo said:

Here's my photo of the cryptid. (like seeing Bigfoot)

Are you sure that’s not just a Basking Shark?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

Has anyone here who owns the Hurricane had this issue?

Yes, sometimes see the RAF markings, otherwise I've been getting green & brown airplanes in the winter. I select the white paint for me in game. But I've not figured out how to get white paint jobs to be used in the winter for friend or foe.

12 minutes ago, busdriver said:

Yes, sometimes see the RAF markings, otherwise I've been getting green & brown airplanes in the winter. I select the white paint for me in game. But I've not figured out how to get white paint jobs to be used in the winter for friend or foe.

You can assign skins to your squad mates (AI and humans in co-op). It's under Personnel/Skin Management. You click on the pilots in the right hand panel, then assign them a skin.

PWCG 11.9.1
Add Structures as creditable targets
- Add structures as targets
- Include structures in payload decision
- Includes static planes and static trucks
- Does not include every object in the game.
- Add mission briefings for structures
- Change target selection to make appropriate use of structures as targets
- Make game report structure destruction
- Ability to identify and record victories on structures
Added "Next:" and "Back:" text to mission work flow buttons for clarity 
Remove high priority waypoints for some flights.
- No need anymore since flights fly in formation.
Verified AI adjustments in advanced configs work as intended - they do.
Added Lydia Lytviak (thanks Dutch2)
Changed Luftwaffe odds of victory bonus
- Limited to LW on eastern front
- Reduced bonus for non ace pilots
- Also introduces concept of differentiation by front
Added code to remove heading/trailing spaces from config entries
- Helps correct typos on user entry
Fixed ships not written to mission file
Fixed issue where rockets could be assigned to PE2 on bombing missions

What happened to 11.9.0?  Short life span ... happens.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 12
27 minutes ago, 369/22.CT.Ludovisi said:

Thanks for the update. How to update a previous version with a career underway, without loosing data?

All campaign data and user setup data (config preferences) is in the User directory (PWCGBos\user).  Zip that directory and save a backup.  PWCG installs do not overwrite this directory so the zip is just a precaution. 

After you have backed up the User directory you can do it several ways:

1. Just unzip 11.9.1 and let it overwrite files

2. Navigate to PWCGBoS and delete everything EXCEPT User.  Then unzip 11.9.1

2. Store your zip of user someplace safe.  Delete PWCGBoS.  Unzip 11.9.1.  Restore User from the zip.

I usually do #2.

Edited by PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Changed Luftwaffe odds of victory bonus
- Limited to LW on eastern front
- Reduced bonus for non ace pilots
- Also introduces concept of differentiation by front

Is this regarding the background simulation?  How does this work beyond the pilot experience level (in simple terms)?  I remain in awe of all you have done with the background theater simulation including persistent AI pilot lives and ongoing squadron histories. 

As always...thank you for all your work continuing to improve PWCG! :salute:

34 minutes ago, Varibraun said:

Is this regarding the background simulation?  How does this work beyond the pilot experience level (in simple terms)?  I remain in awe of all you have done with the background theater simulation including persistent AI pilot lives and ongoing squadron histories. 

As always...thank you for all your work continuing to improve PWCG! :salute:

It basically means that LW pilots are going to have to fly more missions before they are promoted.  LW pilots were just being promoted too fast.

In the background, after the pilots have flown, the virtual bookkeepers get busy.  Every pilot in the campaign universe is evaluated for promotion.  Evaluations inputs are simple: current rank, missions flown, victories, and number of victories on the last mission (pretty much the only indicator I have of valor).  That goes into the the proper evaluation code (proper is based on armed service and role) and a decision to promote or not comes out.  

• Thanks 1