Jump to content
PatrickAWlson

PWCG 10.0.1 New UI (and some fixes)!

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Cathaoir said:

Hi Pat...I am unable to generate any missions in FC.......I have received the same error with my old campaigns and a clean install.Seems that the program is looking for a Russian AF...thanksPWCGErrorLog.zip

 

p.s. this is ver   8.7.1

 

My bad - I'll have that patched tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

Again thanks Patrick and Murleen for your continuing work on this great program. I love, that we now also have trucks and walking around soldiers on our airfields.

I might have found one bug,  after creating the small debriefing, I created a big debriefing after my first mission with the 110. When I got back to the campaign screen, I had 2 missions instead of the 1 I was flying. I will check later if this happens constantly.

 

By default 2 missions are credited for each actually flown.  The idea is to simulate some no contact.  If you don't like this you can change it:

Advanced Config -> Campaign Preferences -> Number of Missions Credited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't unzip the PWCG 8.7.1 for FC. It says the file is corrupted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Remontti said:

Can't unzip the PWCG 8.7.1 for FC. It says the file is corrupted.

 

Download again, but better wait for the 8.7.2 as there are some serious bugs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

By default 2 missions are credited for each actually flown.  The idea is to simulate some no contact.  If you don't like this you can change it:

Advanced Config -> Campaign Preferences -> Number of Missions Credited

Ok, thanks for the answer. I think I will change it for the 110 campaign, as it is more of a ground attack campaign, but it is a nice idea for fighter campaigns, as it brings a better relationship between missions and kills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
First of all congratulate you on the work you do.

I tell you, I use your campaign generator to fly cooperative campaigns with some friends and we try to make a realistic and detailed story, after each mission we see the debrief and comment on what happened, we also wrote in the '' narrative '' section and we counted from the point of view of each one as the mission was, here comes my problem, on several occasions we have advanced to the next page and then we remember that we lacked something to write and when going back, everything I had written is erased, no I know if this is difficult to correct, but it would be great to avoid those "mistakes" that we can make hahaha


thanks for your work again, greetings! : D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pat,

I have some comments on my last missions, both were strategic interceptions:
- Icons appear on the map as if the difficulty settings are changing.
- Interception altitude was 8000m. On contact the bomber formation breaks up and goes into dogfight down to 1000m. Easy prey.
- The escort is not responding.
- Independent of this: Would it be possible to replace the marks in the AAR with corresponding icons? Would be no problem to create them.

 

Barbarossa202004272204776.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

By default 2 missions are credited for each actually flown.  The idea is to simulate some no contact.  If you don't like this you can change it:

Advanced Config -> Campaign Preferences -> Number of Missions Credited

I used the default setting '1' and changed to '0', but it still credits 2 missions per flown mission.

Something that could be changed, the railroad wagons are called wagons, when they get damaged, but they get still called vehicles, when they get destroyed.

On a sidenote, having the flightpath of bombers, you are escorting, and in a slightely different color, so you can see, what is what, is also a really great adding.

Also, that we can see the flightpaths of the other friendly flights, gives you some information what is going on where, which adds a lot to the immersion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PWCG 8.7.2
Added capability for themed desktops
- Russia Theme (Riksen)
- RAF Theme (Riksen)
- Luftwaffe theme (Me from Riksen)
- PWCG will automatically use the correct theme by armed service
- Capability for more.
Bugs:
Fixed error that prevented FC missions from generating properly
- verified that bomb payload on Bristol works properly

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I'm coming back to the missing front lines. I can't think of a reason why it would be due to any of my IL-2 settings. I've opened IL-2, first loaded my mission from 13th November (game time), front line is visible in the in-game briefing map. Also visible in the in-game small map. Pictures below. 

 

Spoiler

image.png.90e9cea4d3035d7b78221707e4f11383.png

 

image.png.7dd6722a6b0faaa34a9f4a3a0ae9b3ae.png


Then, in exactly the same IL-2 session I loaded my second mission from 22nd November (game time), front line is not visible in the in-game briefing map. Also not visible in the in-game small map either. Pictures below.

 

Spoiler

image.png.e64827e3dbea3e25c656944545c1871a.png

 

image.png.572ea929f9de6c1ca58a609df993c032.png

 

Here's the mission files packed. The Campaign I've already packed up for you in my post above (from yesterday).

 

HeinkelBomber 1941-11-22.zip

HeinkelBomber 1941-11-13.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do the lines reappear if you zoom in/out? With some of the line types I've seen issues depending on zoom level

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Murleen said:

Do the lines reappear if you zoom in/out? With some of the line types I've seen issues depending on zoom level

No they do not. I just tried zooming in and out, no change.

 

Trying to narrow this down further the last working ones have been generated on 21st April (real time). The broken ones after 24th April (real time). Looking at my downloads/installations of PWCG the ones from 21st (which show the frontline) have been generated with PWCG 8.6.0 and the ones that are broken have been generated either with PWCG 8.7.0 or 8.7.1 (both have been used). So I would be tempted to say that something broke up between 8.6.0 and 8.7.0.

 

Alternatively it could be related to the squadron's (I./KG.53) move to Varvarovka. Can't remember at which point in (game-time) this happened, but I'm sure it was around mid-November (game-time). Update: Move to Varvarovka happened on 10th November according to Squadron log, so I've flown at least a couple of missions with visible front line when stationed in Varvarovka.

 

These are pretty much the only things that have happened around the time this issue surfaced: PWCG 8.6.0 -> 8.7.0 and squadron (I./KG53) move to Varvarovka. 

Edited by Nadelbaum
Added note on Varvarovka move, which happened already on 10th November (game-time), so highly unlikely that it would cause the issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2020 at 1:20 PM, Yogiflight said:

Again thanks Patrick and Murleen for your continuing work on this great program. I love, that we now also have trucks and walking around soldiers on our airfields.

I might have found one bug,  after creating the small debriefing, I created a big debriefing after my first mission with the 110. When I got back to the campaign screen, I had 2 missions instead of the 1 I was flying. I will check later if this happens constantly.

 

Is this true that there are now troops and trucks moving around the airfields? I didn't see anything in the updates and don't see it in game though I cant say I've been looking for them... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheSNAFU said:

 

Is this true that there are now troops and trucks moving around the airfields? I didn't see anything in the updates and don't see it in game though I cant say I've been looking for them... 

 

Troops yes, trucks are just static

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I’ll be, totally missed that. Very cool! Gotta get a look tonight. Thanks Murleen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delighted to see that the enemy "victim pilot" name shows up in the AAR and Logs again.  Thank you for that little immersion detail and intel! 

 

A couple of questions on this feature:

 

-The enemy pilot name will only be shown if the a/c goes down within our lines, correct?

-If that is the case, and the pilot is reported as "wounded," this indicates he was wounded and captured too - or did he escape leaving his I.D. behind (meaning we will see him flying again with his squadron)?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2020 at 6:49 PM, Yogiflight said:

I used the default setting '1' and changed to '0', but it still credits 2 missions per flown mission.

 

I think there is something doubling the # right now.  My # credited is set to 7 (to simulate no contact missions while I am away from that sqdrn because I am flying more than one pilot).  But I just flew my first mission with a new pilot, and he reflects as "14" missions flown instead of the 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part there might be some issue with the "Time before take off" advanced setting. Before, in 8.7.1, regardless of how much I would increase the value, flight took off almost immediately.

Yesterday, when we tried flying with 8.7.2 we had another issue. The time before takeoff was set to 60 yet the flight never took off even after 6 minutes had passed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, [808_BOB]Dafak-man said:

Part there might be some issue with the "Time before take off" advanced setting. Before, in 8.7.1, regardless of how much I would increase the value, flight took off almost immediately.

Yesterday, when we tried flying with 8.7.2 we had another issue. The time before takeoff was set to 60 yet the flight never took off even after 6 minutes had passed.

 

Can you post the mission?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hello, i would need some sagging!
I use PWCG for solo campaigns for several months without problem.
I want to start a coop campaign with 3 friends.
1 / concerning the installation at my place and the accommodation no problems. 
But how should my friends proceed to have access like me to all the "infos" of the debriefing as well as to the stats of their avatarr?
2 / they must install PWCG ... OK, but after?
3 / is participating in the coop mission sufficient? , they have to do "manipulations" in their installation of PWCG?

thank you for enlightening me on this subject

NOTE: translation made by google ... sorry I'm French and English is not my strong point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Varibraun said:

 

I think there is something doubling the # right now.  My # credited is set to 7 (to simulate no contact missions while I am away from that sqdrn because I am flying more than one pilot).  But I just flew my first mission with a new pilot, and he reflects as "14" missions flown instead of the 7.

 

I also noticed that when you take leave, your pilot still has their mission count increase - I created a bomber campaign, then kept taking 60 day leaves, and ended up as a Major with several medals despite having been on leave the whole time...

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Murleen said:

Can you post the mission?

Unfortunately I did a fresh reinstall of IL-2 and lost the mission files. I will make a new one and test out the issue again and will post the mission in case it happens again in the next 24h. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Murleen said:

I created a bomber campaign, then kept taking 60 day leaves, and ended up as a Major with several medals despite having been on leave the whole time..

Seems like they credited you for not flying:biggrin:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

Seems like they credited you for not flying:biggrin:

 

To be honest, with my bombing skill that's probably wise.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is how it can look now, when russian artillery has a town inside of its range. Very sad, that I was not there to observe this.

20200429234012_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Murleen said:

 

Can you post the mission?

I can offer you mine, as I noticed the same problem by a flight of 4 Sturmoviks, that dont take off.

I left the take off time untouched ,after a clean reinstall of 8.7.2.

Generated mission is competetive coop mode.

Thx.

 

FlightNotTakeOffExample.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there an option to start the missions on ramp with engines off? 

 

Thanks for this amazing program!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hola Rush!

 

Advanced config, mission limits, Start type=2.

 

Salut!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the mission briefing, does toggling "all squadrons" actually make those squadrons appear, or is that just an option to see where they will be flying no matter what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, flyinj said:

In the mission briefing, does toggling "all squadrons" actually make those squadrons appear, or is that just an option to see where they will be flying no matter what?

 

That shows you the flight paths of all squadrons engaged in the mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

That shows you the flight paths of all squadrons engaged in the mission.

 

Great, thanks.

 

Also, does either version of this campaign generator have persistent objects in the campaign? Like bridges and other objects destroyed in one mission are gone in the next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, flyinj said:

 

Great, thanks.

 

Also, does either version of this campaign generator have persistent objects in the campaign? Like bridges and other objects destroyed in one mission are gone in the next?

 

Object state is not currently persisted. 

 

PWCG does persist pilot and equipment state.  It models delays in replacement and possible temporary inability to fly if a squadron is too low on planes or pilots. 

 

PWCG also models object damage close to the front.  Buildings will be partially destroyed.  If combat is active in that area then there will probably be fires ... which, if you are hunting ground targets, is a good way to find them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patt, I've got a question. Would you be okay with uploading the 2 previous versions of PWCG every time you update the software? So that in case of new issues we can still roll back to a previous version. For example, right now, 8.7.2 is live, can we get on the webiste versions 8.7.1 and 8.6?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [808_BOB]Dafak-man said:

Patt, I've got a question. Would you be okay with uploading the 2 previous versions of PWCG every time you update the software? So that in case of new issues we can still roll back to a previous version. For example, right now, 8.7.2 is live, can we get on the webiste versions 8.7.1 and 8.6?

Copy them to your 'Documents' folder. I remember on my last PC every PWCG version automatically was saved in the 'Downloads' folder. I have no idea, why this doesn't happen with my notebook, however it has the same Windows version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [808_BOB]Dafak-man said:

Patt, I've got a question. Would you be okay with uploading the 2 previous versions of PWCG every time you update the software? So that in case of new issues we can still roll back to a previous version. For example, right now, 8.7.2 is live, can we get on the webiste versions 8.7.1 and 8.6?

 

Good point because right now I can make an FC mission, after a long waiting an java popup screen finally disappears, but after that it does not swap the mission to the BoX mission folder, so I get stuck.

Also I would prefer to roll back to the last stabile version on my system. 

Edited by Dutch2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 @PatrickAWlson, I run into this issue when I try to start a USAAF or VVS campaign. Might be connected to the very long names these services have.

 

2136759120_bandicam2020-05-0321-10-54-660.thumb.jpg.7d4036592f3688f7149c099306842470.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

 @PatrickAWlson, I run into this issue when I try to start a USAAF or VVS campaign. Might be connected to the very long names these services have.

 

2136759120_bandicam2020-05-0321-10-54-660.thumb.jpg.7d4036592f3688f7149c099306842470.jpg

 

 

Did something about it.  Should be OK soon.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pat, 

 

First off, thanks a ton for your work on this app.  It's a great piece of software and I've just shown my thanks via paypal.  ;)  

 

As I'm looking to start hosting a coop campaign for some friends and I, I have a couple questions.  We just ran our first trial run of a campaign mission tonight and I had a couple oddities.  I'm not sure if it's just something I'm doing wrong.

 

1. We had guys running in 2 different squadrons.  In the briefing map, there were waypoints shown for several squadrons, including mine, and several AI-only flights.  The other player squadron didn't have any waypoints in the briefing maps - and yes, I did play around with the all squadrons buttons in the PWCG map interface.  No joy.  What should I do so that all player-controlled flights are presented with waypoints before the mission starts?

 

2. After the mission, the AAR debrief only showed one event instead of the usual long, running list.  Logging is enabled and the AAR debrief parses just fine for single player campaign missions.

 

3. One of my squad mates got a couple kills.  I don't see any way to claim them for his credit in the post-mission interface.  Did I just miss something?  I'd like to make sure everyone gets credit where it's due.  :)

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Gewehr_43 said:

Pat, 

 

First off, thanks a ton for your work on this app.  It's a great piece of software and I've just shown my thanks via paypal.  ;)  

 

As I'm looking to start hosting a coop campaign for some friends and I, I have a couple questions.  We just ran our first trial run of a campaign mission tonight and I had a couple oddities.  I'm not sure if it's just something I'm doing wrong.

 

1. We had guys running in 2 different squadrons.  In the briefing map, there were waypoints shown for several squadrons, including mine, and several AI-only flights.  The other player squadron didn't have any waypoints in the briefing maps - and yes, I did play around with the all squadrons buttons in the PWCG map interface.  No joy.  What should I do so that all player-controlled flights are presented with waypoints before the mission starts?

 

2. After the mission, the AAR debrief only showed one event instead of the usual long, running list.  Logging is enabled and the AAR debrief parses just fine for single player campaign missions.

 

3. One of my squad mates got a couple kills.  I don't see any way to claim them for his credit in the post-mission interface.  Did I just miss something?  I'd like to make sure everyone gets credit where it's due.  :)

 

Thanks!

 

1. Each participant squadron's mission is available by selecting the squadron from the drop down above the map.

 

2. The AAR was changed to show, by default, only airplanes destroyed or things destroyed by airplanes.  You can check "Maximum Information" ans start the debrief again to see everything.

 

3. On the AAR there is one tab for each player's pilot for coop.  If it is competitive then only the logs are used to credit victories, and that, I concede, is less than ideal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have not been able to download PWCG for couple of days.

Getting the below:

 

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...