coconut

Coconut's server

Welcome to Kuban!

post-31381-0-14823400-1507581433_thumb.jpg

Early, a rainy spring day by the sea

• Upvote 2

Thank you for your efforts, Coconut. It is always fun to spend time on your server. And i really appreciate the teammates and opponents being real gentlemen!

Keep up the good work, see you in the skies! :-)

• Upvote 1

Small update today that brings player-controlled tanks and non-directional beacons shown on the map. Also added alternative spawn points on airfields with runways to avoid downwind take-offs.

• Upvote 1

This is the best server in my opinion, the weather, the time, the tank battles, the ever changing dynamics and location of the target to kill. I love it, great job Coco

o7  

• Upvote 2

Not to forget the weather. We had some wonderful sorties yesterday enjoying bad weather on the Kuban map. Just some meters between the clouds, the AAA, and the trees. Very thrilling :)

Oh just saw too late you mentioned the weather...

• Upvote 2

Not to forget the weather. We had some wonderful sorties yesterday enjoying bad weather on the Kuban map. Just some meters between the clouds, the AAA, and the trees. Very thrilling :)

Oh just saw too late you mentioned the weather...

Yes indeed :)

• Upvote 1

Small update today that brings player-controlled tanks and non-directional beacons shown on the map. Also added alternative spawn points on airfields with runways to avoid downwind take-offs.

This tank option is quite a game-changer, at least with the T-34: if one invests a bit of time for driving the distance it's easy to break through the lines. The AI-tanks are nearly blind, easy kills, so I think it's not that much more difficult using German tanks, too. If there is an airfield nearby, one can have a lot of fun and destroy a serious amount of stuff.

• Upvote 1

Hallo Coconut.

Der Coconut Server Normal ist nicht Online?

Gruß

Nelly2408

Hello Coconut.

The Coconut Server Normal is not online?

greeting

Nelly2408

@@Nelly2408 It's up again now.

Announcement: The server will be down from Saturday 21/10 morning to Sunday 29/10 morning (EU time)

Edited by coconut
  • Upvote 1

This tank option is quite a game-changer, at least with the T-34: if one invests a bit of time for driving the distance it's easy to break through the lines. The AI-tanks are nearly blind, easy kills, so I think it's not that much more difficult using German tanks, too. If there is an airfield nearby, one can have a lot of fun and destroy a serious amount of stuff.

Yes, I can easily confirm that the games Russian T-34 is a potent tank and that the German Pz III is mediocre compared to it. :mellow:

Hi Coconut

Oh, ich hoffe nur für Wartungsarbeiten. Heute ist der Server aber auch schon nicht mehr erreichbar gewesen.

Dein Coconut Server Expert ist aber erreichbar, oder?

Gruss

Nelly 2408

Hi Coconut

Oh, I just hope for maintenance. Today, however, the server is no longer available.

But your Coconut Server Expert is available, right?

Greeting

Nelly 2408

I am new with tanks, Ive try it but can't see to be able to move. I've re-map the forward, back ect key's and exep one time I couldn't move. Is it a bug or i do something wrong?

I am new with tanks, Ive try it but can't see to be able to move. I've re-map the forward, back ect key's and exep one time I couldn't move. Is it a bug or i do something wrong?

Press "E" to start the motor!  That drove me mad as well, when i first tried :)

• Upvote 1

Yes exactly where is the coconut where is the coconut who has stolen the coconut .....

I miss you!

Ja genau, wo ist die Kokosnuss wo ist die Kokosnuss wer hat die Kokosnuss geklaut.....

Ich vermisse Sie!

From Discord...

@all The server will be down from Saturday 21/10 morning to Sunday 29/10 morning (EU time)

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

From Discord...

@all The server will be down from Saturday 21/10 morning to Sunday 29/10 morning (EU time)

Cheers.

ahhh, me and my mates have been looking for it :) TYVM

Basic Tank Controls:

"E" - Start engine

"Cursor Keys" - Movement (the game automatically translates these simple direction commands to pushing pedals, switching friction clutches and changing gears).

"RAlt-C" - Close/open hatch (riding with open hatches is obviously more dangerous).

"LCtrl-C" - Switch to gunner and back to driver seat.

"RAlt-G" - Switch ammunition: Armour Piercing / High Explosive / Machine Gun.

"Ralt ;" "Ralt ." - Adjust gunsight verticaly (range)

"Ralt ," "Ralt /" - Adjust gunsight horizontaly vertical (only on T-34)

"Mouse Wheel" or "LShift - Mouse Wheel" - Zoom in or out

"T" - Set turret to stowed position / Take control over the turret

I use JoyToKey to map my tank gun turret aiming movements. Seems much more realistic.

Edited by Thad

I like your server. I spent a lot of time on it.
Can the weather change during the battle? .
Bad weather two or three times in a row can spoil good fun.
Can set historical weather conditions from the calendar?
See you in the air.
Christopher

I like your server. I spent a lot of time on it.

Can the weather change during the battle? .

Bad weather two or three times in a row can spoil good fun.

Can set historical weather conditions from the calendar?

See you in the air.

Christopher

Glad you like my server, Christopher!

The weather does not change during the battle. The game does not support it.

The weather system is currently affected by season and some randomness. Sometimes you get several days with rain. Sometimes the sky is clear for weeks. Reality is like that too now, and I guess it was like that back then too. Anyway, I like overcast with rain/snow, so it's there to stay regardless of its realism. I'll certainly tune it, though. At the moment the wind is the same at all altitudes, and different regions might need different settings due to local climate, but there's other stuff I want to do first (boats).

• Upvote 1

Hello Coconut,

is the normal server down? Couldn´t find it in the multiplayer Tab, also i noticed that the "normal" stats page is mixed up with the expert one?

I´d loved to see the server online again, i promised them paratroopers to drop them safely :-)

• Upvote 1

Question for Ju-52-transport mission: looks like the 2.4 to of cargo-load can be taken from any start-airfield (even when down to zero or negative supply) and delivered to the airfield the transport is landing? So transport planes "produce" or "generate" supply and don't take it from the stock available at the start airfield?

Do I have to spawn in a transport-plane to transport supply? Or is it enough to wait for "you are back"-message and my original cargo would have been delivered and new cargo loaded to the plane, ready to take off for the next run?This kind of freight-courier would offer a huge motivation for transport-pilots (and the enemy to catch them).

How some airfields come to "negative" supply values?

You really included all industrial areas in any town to the production pool of an region? Or just the areas in those cities especially marked as "relevant" on the map? Example: next to Arkhipo-Osipovka (1725) is the most beautiful town of Dzhubga (1726) with a factory area. The latter is just a town on the map, while Arkhipo-Osipovka with it's tank-depot is marked as "system-relevant". Will bombing the factory at Dzhubga reduce the production capacity of that region?

Edited by 216th_Retnek

Question for Ju-52-transport mission: looks like the 2.4 to of cargo-load can be taken from any start-airfield (even when down to zero or negative supply) and delivered to the airfield the transport is landing? So transport planes "produce" or "generate" supply and don't take it from the stock available at the start airfield?

They don't generate supplies, I simply forgot to disable these loadouts when supplies are too low.

Do I have to spawn in a transport-plane to transport supply? Or is it enough to wait for "you are back"-message and my original cargo would have been delivered and new cargo loaded to the plane, ready to take off for the next run?This kind of freight-courier would offer a huge motivation for transport-pilots (and the enemy to catch them).

Yes, you need to spawn a new plane for each supply mission.

Typically what I do is spawn at airfield A at the back, fly to B at the front, land, unload, turn around, take off again, fly back to A.

In this case, supplies are transferred from A to B, but not back from B to A (which would be pointless).

If my system kept track of wounded troops, I could use the return trip to bring them back. For now the only point is to have a plane available back at A for a new mission.

How some airfields come to "negative" supply values?

Say there's 1000Kg of bombs available at the airfield. That enables a 1000Kg load out. During that mission, six flights with that loadout are made out of that airfield. Next mission there's a deficit of -5000Kg that has to be "repayed" before the airfield can be used for bombing runs again.

Same thing can with planes: because of strafing, it's possible that the sum of planes departed and the destroyed planes exceeds the number of planes at the start of the mission. Here however I don't let plane numbers go negative. It's pretty annoying for a side to lose planes because you land at an airfield with plane deficits.

You really included all industrial areas in any town to the production pool of an region?

Not really. If I see one I'll include it, but it's a lot of work to make a scenario. About twenty regions per campaign, with as many airfields, 27 parking spots per regions, 2-4 dugout areas, 1-2 anti-air zones per area, 2-3 battle zones per region, all the road and train paths between neighbouring regions... In the future I want to open that process so that I can focus more on the programming side of things and less on individual campaign construction.

Thinking about this, I think I could automate the process of marking factories, no need to do that manually. That way all factory-looking buildings would actually become valid targets. Right now it can be frustrating to bomb something only to find out after you destroyed the buildings that they had no value.

• Upvote 2

New version is deployed:

• Added ships. On the KubanSpring scenario, they sail along the coast to transport supplies.
  • Added AI cargo flights. They do the same thing as trucks and trains (and now ships), but using Ju52/pe2.
  • Everything that looks like a factory now is a factory.
  • Moved fences and wells away from roads. That should help trucks and tanks reach their destination. I'm sure I haven't caught all cases, so there's probably more cases to catch.
  • Tank columns now need to enter a region before a battle begins in the following mission. Before that battles happened between neighbouring regions, i.e. invaders teleported from a region directly into the battlefield.
  • Fixed a bug with trains. Destroying them had no effect on the logistics, now it has.
  • The planner AI no longer plans very small truck convoys, it avoids back-and-forth within the same mission (i.e. convoys from A to B and back), it avoids conflicts between tank columns and road convoys
  • Fixed a number of bugs in arrow rendering. Now train convoys get their arrow, and tank column arrows get the proper color.
  • Upvote 3

Everything that looks like a factory now is a factory.

Does that mean that if I see a  every factory in every town or next to a city , then that will be the target ?

Edited by Rosomak67
  • Upvote 1

Does that mean that if I see a  every factory in every town or next to a city , then that will be the target ?

Yes

Heyho

Will the map change from Kuban into one of the older maps in foreseeable future ?

Greeting

Yes, but I need to refresh the older maps first. Also I need Kuban now because I'm working on ships.

• Upvote 1

Hi, getting "Error Message "File Transfer Error #10017" when trying to gey into the expert server.

Ardmore

Cancel, all seems fine now, went in and had nice flight to myself, bombed stuff and my trusty gunner seen off two BF109s, must buy him a drink one day, all in all it is an excellent server, thanks Coconut.

Ardmore

Hallo Coconut,

Ich habe da mal eine Frage.

Die letzte Zeit habe ich den TAW Server getestet und wurde sogar Leutnant. Dabei habe ich mir ein paar Flugzeug Navigation und Bomben erfahrungen angeeignet. Aber nun bin ich wieder auf deinen Server. Da ich ausschließlich in VR Fliege ist dein Server der Beste zum Fliegen für mich. Perfekt!

So nun zu meiner Frage.

Das tolle auf TAW war diese Dienstgrad Einteilungen und das Beförderungs System. Feldwebel Oberfeldwebel usw. könntest Du auch so etwas einführen?

Danke für deine Tolle Arbeit! Respekt!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Nelly2408

Hello Coconut,

I've got a question.

The last time I tested the TAW server and even became a lieutenant. In doing so, I have acquired a few aircraft navigation and bomb experience. But now I'm back on your server. Since I fly exclusively in VR, your server is the best for flying for me. Perfect!

So now to my question.

The great thing about TAW was these rankings and the promotion system. Sergeant Oberfeldwebel etc. could you introduce something like that?

Thank you for your great work! Respect!

Best regards

Nelly2408

An alle die auf Coconut normal Server fliegen habt ihr Lust über TS oder Discord mit mir mal Verbindung bzw gemeinsam zu fliegen?

Nelly2408

Hello

To all those on Coconut normal server fly you have desire over TS or Discord with me once connection or to fly together?

Nelly2408

TAW has their own stat tracking, which I don't. It would be some work to add that, but it's feasible.

I have zero knowledge of military ranks, so someone would have to list them for me.

• Upvote 1