coconut

Coconut's server

Thanks Coconut for your info.

Off course many things to consider keeping a good balance. Looks like you have a good plan.

As long as there are a couple of planes to fly then I'm a happy customer...  :happy: 

/Regards  :salute:

Latest developments:

• AI patrols work in pairs
  • AI attackers work in pairs
  • AI fighters with ground attack config can perform ground attack runs
  • Supply status bar in regions made more intuitive. Extent shows health of storage buildings, color indicates supply level relative to the region's need. Green is OK, Red is poorly supplied.
  • Supply flights can now be performed with He111 and Pe2 (all variants). Pick the loadout without bombs or rockets.
  • More than one AI ferry flight can now take off from each airfield. Hopefully that will help a bit with moving those planes to forward bases.
  • The tank column planner now makes sure tanks are moved to the front line, instead of sitting safely at rear bases.
  • Upvote 2

FYI flew a few missions on your Normal server. Had a wonderful time! Terrible rain/low cloud/nighttime.... wonderful!

AA (and trees) killed me every time but I had such larks! I even encountered another player but luckily he flew straight past me.

Your setting on that server are ideal (IMHO) for VR and I heartily recommend any VR users to test it out. Especially if you are a novice like me.

Good stuff. Good stuff indeed.

"The tank column planner now makes sure tanks are moved to the front line, instead of sitting safely at rear bases."

Tank column planner? Is that special coding you developed? Could it be used in SP missions? If so... please share.

Tank column planner? Is that special coding you developed? Could it be used in SP missions? If so... please share.

Nothing special with the columns themselves, so there's not much to share.

Each mission in the campaign used to have one tank column on each side. I have added a second one on each side. One moves taking into account the enemy's positions, the other one moves in friendly territory to get closer to the front line.

FYI flew a few missions on your Normal server. Had a wonderful time! Terrible rain/low cloud/nighttime.... wonderful!

AA (and trees) killed me every time but I had such larks! I even encountered another player but luckily he flew straight past me.

Your setting on that server are ideal (IMHO) for VR and I heartily recommend any VR users to test it out. Especially if you are a novice like me.

Good stuff. Good stuff indeed.

Das war ich bestimmt der an die vorbei geflogen ist. Bin auch VR IL-2 Anfänger und bin absolut begeistert! Klasse Server Einstellung für VR Piloten.

kann man eigentlich auch seien Gesamten Status bzw. Flugstatistik irgendwie einsehen?

Gibt es auch ein TS3 coconut Server?

Nelly2408

@Nelly2408 I don't understand German, but recognizing a few keywords here and there, I'm guessing you are asking for stats and a TS server, right? If so stats are available at http://coconutside.eu (normal) and http://coconutside.eu:81 (expert).

No TS server, but there is a discord server: https://discord.gg/JmNRZZZ

Edited by coconut
  • Upvote 1

Oops, fixed. Thanks!

I have made a big edit of the first post. It contains information that should help people get to grip with the system.

Hi,

Noob bomber pilot question here.  

Me and a friend decided to have some mp fun on your normal server.  He doesnt play too much but likes flying bombers.. I just like Yaks :)

Anyway we couldn't get the Ju88 off the ground with me as a gunner.  When trying to take off it is like the engines are not giving enough power to reach rotate speed although the throttles are at 100%.  He said he could take of with normal settings easy enough offline and that it was probably something on the server side.

I set up a quick mission (with some bombs) and tried it on normal and expert settings offline..  Bit hairy for someone used to fighters but doable np.  Tried on your server.  Could taxi to runway threshold ok but take offs !  Throttle indicates 100% setting and am using flaps but I dont seem to get anywhere near rotate speed.  In fact even keeping on runway seems much harder as well.

What are we doing wrong ?

Edited by Noddy

You need to set the rpm too. It's automatic in normal mode, but my servers have complex engine management enabled.

@Nelly2408 I don't understand German, but recognizing a few keywords here and there, I'm guessing you are asking for stats and a TS server, right? If so stats are available at http://coconutside.eu (normal) and http://coconutside.eu:81 (expert).

No TS server, but there is a discord server: https://discord.gg/JmNRZZZ

Correctly, All questions answered, Thank you. The server rocks and makes mega fun. That with the engine setting

with the stuka I must also still practice, which always strikes me with engine damage from the sky.

see you in the battle .... gruss Nelly2408.

which always strikes me with engine damage from the sky.

Yeah you want the RPMs at full when you take off, but after you are in the air, you will want to roll it back to 2400 RPMs (about 85-90%) other wise you will overwork the engine and burn it out. there are tool tips if you have the UI turned on so you can see when your engine is in takeoff mode/climb mode/ cruise mode.

Edited by =SqSq=switch201

Yeah nice one thx,, Found that out the, the hard way.  Interesting as I say it is my mate who is into flying bombers but I would say I can now see what he see in it, they are big beasts.

On that note he is currently playing B17 the Mighty Eighth, anyone remember it ?  Apparently it is as good a game as he remembered it and it is on Steam !

My memories in of that sim are watching one of my crewmates shivering in fear when his courage had gone,, !

• Upvote 1

Oops, fixed. Thanks!

I have made a big edit of the first post. It contains information that should help people get to grip with the system.

Actual link itself still points to port 83 ;)

New feature added: ground battles

post-31381-0-36009900-1505840463_thumb.jpg

Destroy vehicles on the ground to weaken the defenses of the enemy. The fate of the battle is then decided after the mission's end (as it was before).

post-31381-0-08598200-1505840528_thumb.jpg

Drop paratroopers behind your tanks to boost their attack.

• Upvote 5

Will we ever see playable tanks on your servers?

Yes, that's the next step

• Upvote 1

Yes, that's the next step

Excellent, thank you! Got a couple of old players who want to come back but also want to tank :)

• Upvote 1

I've got the chance to take a look on this new server, the expert one. It's a tremendous job that Coconut have made and his new dynamic campaign show a lot of potential. Moreover then now he had a website :http://coconutside.eu:81/fr/ for the statistic on the campaign.

The SACG (4./JG52, 2./JG51, 5./ZG1 and our new 57.GIAP) will use very soon this server for dynamic campaign.

Thank you very much Coconut !

• Upvote 2

Yes 216th have used and will more often be active . Personally this server have my favorite missions, making me want to do more. Great settings and missions. Shame it is not more populated

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it. It's a taken a lot of work to put together, and there's a lot left to do.

• Upvote 2

We plan to be organizing Dead is Dead events in your server Coconut. As soon as TAW ends I think we will be able to have more time to organize our flights there. It is an amazing server indeed. Congrats!

• Upvote 1

I have had a few flights on your server and it's nice.  I've not been on it more due to the low numbers I'm afraid, however something I've come to realise in the last few weeks is that I suck fighting against other players and it's getting me down.

I'm going to visit your server more often to up my flying hours and get shot down my AI instead!

Hi Coconut, do you have a free awards for visiting your stats site?   If so I got a virus warning, if not. l will not click on it again.

Hallo Coconut

Bekommt man für Transport Flüge bzw. Fallschirmspringer Einsätze keine Punkte? Gruss Nelly2408

Hello Coconut

Are there any points for transport flights or parachute jumper missions? Greeting Nelly2408

Hallo Coconut

Bekommt man für Transport Flüge bzw. Fallschirmspringer Einsätze keine Punkte? Gruss Nelly2408

Hello Coconut

Are there any points for transport flights or parachute jumper missions? Greeting Nelly2408

sadly, no. cannot be done until devs add log entries for cargo unloading and parachute drops.

It seems that yesterday server all day generated the same mission. Each started at 5 o'clock.

the mission generator is failing. i'll see what i can do, but for now i don't know what's causing it.

• Upvote 1

Flew the server yesterday and was pleasantly surprised it was pitch black.  Found it difficult to take off but was very impressed by how the airfield was laid out, then found it intimidating to fly around without being able to get a bearing. 

Was interesting, challenging and enjoyable....although I have to admit that it was more full on than I was prepared for at the time.

Thanks for the interesting set-up's though

• Upvote 3

the mission generator is failing. i'll see what i can do, but for now i don't know what's causing it.

now fixed

• Upvote 1

I really enjoy last night on your server Coco, especially the active live tank battle west of Plesovskiy. That was fun. That server will see more of me.

Thanks for this 

• Upvote 1