ALL COCO PLAYERS, READ THIS:
1. Please use this thread: https://forum.il2stu...rt-and-normal/ <------------- This is it
Why? Because this thread is somewhat outdated, and coconut prefers to use the above one instead.
2. Read the manual. For almost 95% of your questions regarding server, campaign or mission logic, they can be found in the manual. The Manual is on the first page of the thread above.
I am not going to post a link to it, as it might be updated. Again, use the thread link above.
3. Also, be wise to download and install Discord. It´s free. It´s awesome.. and if you like the server that´s the place to hang around in coconuts discord server/channel. You will find most regular players there and if you have a question you probably get an answer within a few minutes. You will find the discord details in the thread above.
I feel like I am stuck on repeat. So for the last time... use the above thread!
How do you replace an aircraft? I tried flying a 109 from an airfield to the forward most field and successfully landed but it didn't show up as another plane to use from that field.
At the start of a mission rotation there is a specific number of planes on bases.
As planes are being taken into flight, they are reduced. They can only be put back there by landing them safely on their home airfield OR if you land the aircraft on another base that has support for that plane type. If you land a plane that has not support for a specific plane type it will become available in the next mission. This would be like you are moving assets.
If you were not able to select the plane you flew there it must be :
1. The aircraft was damaged heavily. (engine damage etc... plane will be repaired though for next mission)
2. The base you landed did not support the aircraft type in the current mission.
3. Someone took the plane as you went back into briefing screen and went to get a coffee?
Aircraft can be added to bases:
1. By production from resources, in between missions there is a resupply of planes & tanks etc. However, they are mostly resupplied to the rear bases.
2. By moving them from one base to another.
3. By AI moving them during transfer flights.
Also note, there are static planes on airbases. If a static plane of a specific type i.e a MiG3 is destroyed, one MiG3 will be subtracted from the airbase into the next mission.
So don´t be surprised if your efforts did not do any changes... the enemy could have strafed a plane during a mission.
Edited by SvAF/F16_Petter, 28 January 2018 - 02:49.