coconut

Coconut's server

I presume that you've seen this? http://coconutside.eu/en/info/

It's probably too complex for the briefing page, and impossible to generate mission-specific ones. After all, the missions are generated automatically so the briefing would need to be too.

It is a complicated and occasionally confusing system, but the way that you can influence what the next mission will be is excellent. Our squad tend to pick a target and try and wipe it out, knowing that it will have an effect on the battle and isn't some random point-scoring exercise.

Cheers.

I'm working on a manual that hopefully will clear things up, and as I notice people trying to do things that aren't actually achieving anything in the campaign, I try to add these targets to the campaign system.

on the second page of this thread someone is talking about failing to close an airfield after bombing its runway and he is told what he did wrong

That thread covers a lot more than the dynamic campaign system. What you describe applied to some other mission I built in the past. I'll start a new thread soon to avoid such confusion.

Just to be clear, coconut normal is my favourite server, even if I don´t understand everything. So thanks for hosting it.

Here is a picture after a tankbusting adventure with the boys!

aEupo24m.jpg

Edited by Leon_Portier
  • Upvote 1

Hi Coconut,

i'm not an on-line guy but I've given this a try. Two things, 1) I can't seem to hear anyone on Discord even though several people appeared to be playing (any tips, all seems to be set up and working ok, mic and headphones) and 2) I shot up an Axis airfield near the coast and the message came up that I destroyed a parked il-2.........on an axis airfield?

Thanks again, this looks ace!!!

1) I can't seem to hear anyone on Discord even though several people appeared to be playing

They were not in the channel, you were there alone, I believe.

I shot up an Axis airfield near the coast and the message came up that I destroyed a parked il-2.........on an axis airfield

Yes, that can happen sometimes because of captured planes.

If you have more questions please ask them in this new thread: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32801-coconuts-dynamic-campaign-expert-and-normal/?p=544507

Edited by coconut

First of all, I would like to congratulate and thank Coconut for two excellent Servers.

Recently,   there have been a lot of new visitors to the site (perhaps because of the ‘latest’ version’ of Cliffs of Dover Blitz. A great majority of those new Pilots (and I suspect a lot of the ‘old’ ones) perhaps don’t understand that the Airbases don’t re-supply themselves sufficiently. I would suggest that everyone be made aware of the need to re-supply not only Aircraft but munitions too. Maybe not everyone is aware that by taking a PE 2 empty and with 100% fuel, 1000kg of bombs can be transported from the supply base to a forward Airfield????

Also, because a number of Pilots ‘disconnect’ in order to maintain their careers, I would suggest that a disconnect (for whatever reason) will result in the death of that career. Perhaps that may stop some pilots from cheating.

I ask....would it be a good idea to make it a condition of flying on the servers that the first mission of the day would be to do a transport run from the supply base to a forward Airfield??? And....if a pilot loses an Aircraft, he should replace that Aircraft before being able to fly another combat mission.

Also, should individual pilots register before being allowed to fly???

I make these suggestions with the utmost respect for Coconut and thank him for everything he is doing.

No.85_Camm

Amazing missions.

Only played for a short time but had more fun on this server than I have on wings in a long time.

Love the dynamic maps and the having to spot your objective targets makes it very interesting as well.

Also love the visuals stuff I have never seen on wings.

I also have heard the day night cycle is awesome as well.

excellent servers indeed, and i really like to see how popular they became the last weeks. No. 85_Camm: Strong accusations, but i don´t think its necessary to use plural, for the mayority of us is behaving fair. So i dont see "a number of pilots"...

I don´t think that a registration is necessary, the amount of "Disturbers" (ppl hopping in your bomber just to shoot your rudder for fun i.e.) is really really small in my opinion and in my case i got to know a bunch of really nice people, that hopped freshly onto the server...

Maybe not everyone is aware that by taking a PE 2 empty and with 100% fuel, 1000kg of bombs can be transported from the supply base to a forward Airfield????

Right, but it's in the manual. I suspect the people who are in too much of a hurry to read manuals might not have the patience to resupply airfields anyway. Anyway, it doesn't hurt to try. I'll add a note to the briefing.

I ask....would it be a good idea to make it a condition of flying on the servers that the first mission of the day would be to do a transport run from the supply base to a forward Airfield??? And....if a pilot loses an Aircraft, he should replace that Aircraft before being able to fly another combat mission.

I have ideas around that. For instance, each player would have a plane balance at each airfield. Spawning decreases the balance, landing increases it. You would need a positive balance to spawn, except at the rear airfield. The one problem is that there is now way to stop specific players to pick any plane and spawn. I can only correct this after the fact, by kicking, and with a delay. That's not very nice.

It would be nice if the devs could add a "cancel player flight" command in the remote console protocole. Something that sends a player back to the map, instead of sending them out of the server.

Also, should individual pilots register before being allowed to fly???

No. I don't like the idea, and I don't have the time to build a web server for that. Eventually I'll probably make one, but for now I don't have one.

Edited by coconut

How do you replace an aircraft? I tried flying a 109 from an airfield to the forward most field and successfully landed but it didn't show up as another plane to use from that field.

ALL COCO PLAYERS, READ THIS:

1. Please use this thread: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32801-coconuts-dynamic-campaign-expert-and-normal/   <------------- This is it   :big_boss:

Why? Because this thread is somewhat outdated, and coconut prefers to use the above one instead.

2. Read the manual. For almost 95% of your questions regarding server, campaign or mission logic, they can be found in the manual. The Manual is on the first page of the thread above.

I am not going to post a link to it, as it might be updated. Again, use the thread link above.

3. Also, be wise to download and install Discord. It´s free. It´s awesome.. and if you like the server that´s the place to hang around in coconuts discord server/channel. You will find most regular players there and if you have a question you probably get an answer within a few minutes. You will find the discord details in the thread above.

I feel like I am stuck on repeat. So for the last time... use the above thread!

;)

How do you replace an aircraft? I tried flying a 109 from an airfield to the forward most field and successfully landed but it didn't show up as another plane to use from that field.

At the start of a mission rotation there is a specific number of planes on bases.

As planes are being taken into flight, they are reduced. They can only be put back there by landing them safely on their home airfield OR if you land the aircraft on another base that has support for that plane type. If you land a plane that has not support for a specific plane type it will become available in the next mission. This would be like you are moving assets.

If you were not able to select the plane you flew there it must be :

1. The aircraft was damaged heavily. (engine damage etc... plane will be repaired though for next mission)

2. The base you landed did not support the aircraft type in the current mission.

3. Someone took the plane as you went back into briefing screen and went to get a coffee?

Aircraft can be added to bases:

1. By production from resources, in between missions there is a resupply of planes & tanks etc. However, they are mostly resupplied to the rear bases.

2. By moving them from one base to another.

3. By AI moving them during transfer flights.

Also note, there are static planes on airbases. If a static plane of a specific type i.e a MiG3 is destroyed, one MiG3 will be subtracted from the airbase into the next mission.

So don´t be surprised if your efforts did not do any changes... the enemy could have strafed a plane during a mission.

Edited by SvAF/F16_Petter
  • Upvote 1

Great work, Coconut. Keep it up. I flew to a rear base and killed all the static aircraft and was very pleased with myself. Then realized because of this there were no aircraft left to fight for the rest of the mission... dang   :(

Coconut,

Can you confirm if ferrying aircraft to airfields that don't serve a given type works?

In today's game I just took a Yak-1 from Kovali to Bubenovo (after some really fun flying over Velikie-Luki), and sadly it appears that my Yak-1 didn't become available at Bube. So in essence, it looks like I just inadvertedly wasted a perfectly good Yak-1.

Might be good to update the OP accordingly, if you must first ensure that a given type is available in the forward airfield before ferrying one in.

Also, on a somewhat unrelated topic, what are the rules for using PE-2s to resupply and airfield? I took an empty Pe-2 from Kovali to Bube, but saw no change.

Can you confirm if ferrying aircraft to airfields that don't serve a given type works?

Yes, but note they'll only appear on the next mission.

In today's game I just took a Yak-1 from Kovali to Bubenovo (after some really fun flying over Velikie-Luki), and sadly it appears that my Yak-1 didn't become available at Bube. So in essence, it looks like I just inadvertedly wasted a perfectly good Yak-1.

Before:

<elem>
              <Item1>
                <Case>Yak1s69</Case>
              </Item1>
              <Item2>0.954</Item2>
            </elem>

after:

<elem>
              <Item1>
                <Case>Yak1s69</Case>
              </Item1>
              <Item2>1.954</Item2>
            </elem>

Looks fine to me.

@coconut, what did it happen with the server !? That's by far the best server for IL-2 BOx, please come back! Thanks