Jason_Williams

Bf-110 E2 Skins

Bf-110 E 6_ZG_26 Russia 1942.

Here's another one for you all, hope you like it.

Cheers Rob.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dk1hz1qy542b5di/Bf110E_Zerstorer_6_ZG_26_Russia_1942.dds

P.S. Oh yeah in one of my earlier posts I said I could not find the time to do any 110 skins, well here I am at 02.19 in good old Wiltshire doing just the opposite!!!!

post-12320-0-30357300-1448677386_thumb.jpg

post-12320-0-37032100-1448677394_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Great skins gentlemen, all of you!

Thanks and sure i enjoy all of them! :)

What was the air intake for on the nose by the way? Was it for gun cooling? Seems a bit large for cabin pressurization.

Hi Spektre,

don't waste your time with these details and keep working on your ZG 1 skins ;)

By the way, "this rectangular inlet fed air around the port engine and recycled it back into the forward cockpit to provide heating for the pilot. A small moveable rectangular intake was also in place on the starboard fuselage just aft of the cockpit beneath beneath the point where the aerial wire enters the fuselage, and this entry point fed air around the starboard engine to provide heating for the rear cockpit".

(source: the highly recommanded John Vascos' book I quoted some posts above).

What was the air intake for on the nose by the way? Was it for gun cooling? Seems a bit large for cabin pressurization.

Gun camera housing :)

Gun camera housing :)

I have to disagree :salute:

The opening for guncam, or Rumpffspitzenöffnung für optische Achse der ESK in German, is located here :

110guncam.jpg

ESK2000a.jpg

• Upvote 2

AussieBoomer

Sorry for not getting back timezone thing obviously.

I didn't have much more info but there were guys complaining it was a later model therefore was not historically correct and should not be made and anybody attempting to make it should be put to death horribly and slowly. :rolleyes:

My attitude is its a game.....................lighten up

Thank you for taking the time and trouble indebted to you.

You will get free beers if ever in Scotland

Edited by Ventus

Hi Ventus. If BP Iceman ever comes that way will you please sponsor him as well.  I also promised him such. I will return the favour if anybody comes to SA. Cracking skinning all round chaps one of the best parts of this hobby me thinks. :popcorm:  :clapping:  :pilot:

Yes Yes Yes of course to any skinner in the area

Drop me a line be my pleasure to meet and buy you a few of whatever is your poison

Ok, Found this as a reference,

[/url]">http://Bf-110G-3_Screenshot_2.jpg

So knocked this up this arvo.

[/url">http://2015_11_28__4_52_58.png

Both versions available;

Public.......https://www.mediafire.com/?6d18mk6cg0krim0

Swastika...https://www.mediafire.com/?p1j39tafqxc5oqm

Hope you like.

Boomer.

Indeed I do, mercury bow coops, eggs celent skins again.

Bf-110 D-1 Stab II./ZG26 (3U+BC) Russia June 1941.

Nice easy one for me this, used my earlier ZG26 skin but omitted all ZG26 emblems as this 110 apparently did not have any, then added yellow(Gelb) tailfins and painted green spinners, then all I had to do was change the codes.

Hope you like it.

Thanks Rob.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qntao6ctzrtpm09/Bf110D-1_Stab_II_ZG26_3UBC.dds

post-12320-0-02000700-1448712569_thumb.jpg

post-12320-0-60784500-1448712578_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Bf-110 D-1 Stab II./ZG26 (3U+BC) Russia June 1941.

Nice easy one for me this, used my earlier ZG26 skin but omitted all ZG26 emblems as this 110 apparently did not have any, then added yellow(Gelb) tailfins and painted green spinners, then all I had to do was change the codes.

Hope you like it.

3U+BC of Stab II./ZG26, spring 1942, Dugino airfield.

1.HW shield + "Clog" moved to engine indicate this period as autumn 1941 - spring 1942.

2. Stab II./ZG26 had standart RLM70 spinners with 1/3 painted in RLM21 white and with spinnertip in RLM25 green.

3. Callsign letter "B" - had thin white outline and was of RLM25 green instead what You made.

4. 3U+BC was Gruppenadjutant's aircraft, and not an aircraft of Hptm. von Rettberg (as stated in some bad sources like Kagero books e.t.c.), but of Oblt. Alfred Thüring.

Bf-110 E 6_ZG_26 Russia 1942.

Here's another one for you all, hope you like it.

P.S. Oh yeah in one of my earlier posts I said I could not find the time to do any 110 skins, well here I am at 02.19 in good old Wiltshire doing just the opposite!!!!

3U+BP of 6./ZG26, spring 1942, Dugino airfield. 

Same mistake with letter color. 6./ZG26 had yellow letter with thin black outline.

nice work designers...as usual :)

thx all

Edited by E69_Marq

Gentlemen, so what is the verdict? Were ZG1 Bf110s painted rlm 74/75 or 02/71? I can't seem to find any decisive source.

Ok Panzerbar i bow to your superior knowledge but i have one side view profile picture for each of these skins which i got from the good old world wide web so i was not expecting them to be super accurate historically speaking. I have no aviation books on the Luftwaffe whatsoever so resources are very thin indeed.

I am sure somebody with more resources can do a better job on these two skins than i can and thats fine by me, i am only an amateur skinner still using a free downloded version of Photoshop CS2 and that good old program DXT BMP. If the followers of IL2 BOS want to download them or not that is fine by me as well as i just enjoy doing them hoping that some of you out there will enjoy using them as well. The purists among you will no doubt find many faults with my skins but i don't mind that at all but as said i can only use the internet as reference and working 60 hours a week as a bus driver really limits my time to collect all the many references i would need to do a 100%.historic skin.

This is not a sob story it"s just that some of us skinners are true amateurs and some of you what i call professional skinners need to take that into consideration when viewing our skins but keep the info coming as it all helps us up and coming repainters and thanks for the constructive critiscism it is always welcome.

Rob.

• Upvote 2

OK, Felix Maria Brandis again.  I hope better with artwork from better sources.

Link:http://www.forcedlandingcollection.se/LW/LW039-Bf110.html

L039-00.jpg?ver=0

BrandisLNFR.jpg?ver=0

Color used for spraying the hull 've evaluated as RLM 70, due to the high contrast with the background.

Uncensored download:http://www.mediafire.com/download/1tva838ayntc1b6/Bf110E2_1%28Z%29JG77_Lt_Felix_Brandis%28LN%2BFR%29.dds

I hope this one is more faithful to the original. ;)

• Upvote 3

Ok Panzerbar i bow to your superior knowledge but i have one side view profile picture for each of these skins which i got from the good old world wide web so i was not expecting them to be super accurate historically speaking. I have no aviation books on the Luftwaffe whatsoever so resources are very thin indeed.

I am sure somebody with more resources can do a better job on these two skins than i can and thats fine by me, i am only an amateur skinner still using a free downloded version of Photoshop CS2 and that good old program DXT BMP. If the followers of IL2 BOS want to download them or not that is fine by me as well as i just enjoy doing them hoping that some of you out there will enjoy using them as well. The purists among you will no doubt find many faults with my skins but i don't mind that at all but as said i can only use the internet as reference and working 60 hours a week as a bus driver really limits my time to collect all the many references i would need to do a 100%.historic skin.

This is not a sob story it"s just that some of us skinners are true amateurs and some of you what i call professional skinners need to take that into consideration when viewing our skins but keep the info coming as it all helps us up and coming repainters and thanks for the constructive critiscism it is always welcome.

Rob.

Keep at it mate.... I'm enjoying your skins :)

Gentlemen, so what is the verdict? Were ZG1 Bf110s painted rlm 74/75 or 02/71? I can't seem to find any decisive source.

Ok, in short:

I./SKG210 had mainly Bf110E during 1941, and most of them were 02/71/65 without any additions to camouflage. There were two little bit different mottle schemes (depended on factory - Mtt or Gotha). In october 1941, I./SKG210 flew back from the front to be equipped with Me210. Only 2./SKG210 stood at the Moskow front to late december. Staffel was attached to II./SKG210, and it was first time I Gruppe's aircraft got "large wespe" emblem (II Gruppe got it early in spring 1941). There is no evidence of winter camouflage of I./SKG210 ever seen by me. In january 1942, I./SKG210 was renamed in I./ZG1, and was equipped with Bf110F-4' (74/75/76) and some older variants. Old crows, that came from overhowling facilities, were largely repainted in 74/75/76. Almost all of Gruppe's Bf110 got unique "spotted" camouflage - RLM74 spots and mottle over basic camo. Emblems - two main versions of wasp + modified SKG210 schield.

II./SKG210 operated some Bf110E's, but mainly with D's, painted with 02/71/65. Emblems - mainly "large wasp", in two little different styles.

During Battle of Moskow, Bf110's were camouflated with winter paint. In January 1942, when Gruppe became II./ZG1, appeared interesting feature - aircraft code was overpainted exept 1 letter aft the Balken Kreuz, so, for example, S9+SM became __+S_.

Gruppe flew combat missions to March 1942, when was withdrown to rest and refit. AS I Gruppe, it was equipped with Bf110F-2/4, and with old crows. Almost all of them wearing 74/75/76 (but still some 02/71/65 aircrafts were seen in october 1942 over Stalingrad).

During winter 1942/43, ZG1 didnt used winter camouflage at all.

Edited by 1./ZG1_Panzerbar
  • Upvote 1

?/NJG1, Bf-110E-2, Maj.Wolfgang Falck, G9+GA, WNr 3920, 1941?

post-12904-0-48479400-1448748554_thumb.jpg

(The yellow antennas under the wings have been fixed)

UNCENSORED DOWNLOAD: I.NJG1_G9+GA.zip

Edited by 6./ZG1=SPEKTRE76
  • Upvote 2

Bf-110 E Stab II ZG 26 "3U+BC" Russia June 1941 version 2.0

Hi all,

Thanks to Panzerbar for his corrections on historic markings and his excellent knowledge here is an updated "version 2.0" of my previous 110 skin hopefully this time much more historically correct than my first attempt. Thanks again to Panzerbar for his help in putting me right on many errors with my first skin.

Thanks Rob.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/21nu3nb2sann9ob/Bf110D-1_Stab_II_ZG26_3UBC-v2.dds

P.S. Spinners are now the correct colours, Kloggs now appear on outside edge of both engine cowlings, letter "B" now in RLM 25 green outlined in fine white, hope this all correct now if not let me know. I will also have to correct my 3U+BP ZG26 skin as well when I can find the time, do not forget these skins carry full historic insignia.

post-12320-0-71205800-1448747235_thumb.jpg

post-12320-0-56376900-1448747245_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Bf-110 E Stab II ZG 26 "3U+BC" Russia June 1941 version 2.0

Hi all,

Thanks to Panzerbar for his corrections on historic markings and his excellent knowledge here is an updated "version 2.0" of my previous 110 skin hopefully this time much more historically correct than my first attempt. Thanks again to Panzerbar for his help in putting me right on many errors with my first skin.

Thanks Rob.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/21nu3nb2sann9ob/Bf110D-1_Stab_II_ZG26_3UBC-v2.dds

P.S. Spinners are now the correct colours, Kloggs now appear on outside edge of both engine cowlings, letter "B" now in RLM 25 green outlined in fine white, hope this all correct now if not let me know. I will also have to correct my 3U+BP ZG26 skin as well when I can find the time, do not forget these skins carry full historic insignia.

Here is the the link to the other updated ZG26 3U+BP 110 skin as promised.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lw6vhk8svyqyp3m/Bf110E_Zerstorer_6_ZG_26_Russia_1942_v2.dds

So many summer skins - what about this winter beauty? Yes, it's a Bf-110 C-4/B, but it took part in the Battle of Moscow all the same :)

post-12657-0-81876800-1448750352_thumb.jpeg

post-12657-0-68638700-1448750375_thumb.jpegpost-12657-0-89268300-1448750363_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Cybermat47

So many summer skins - what about this winter beauty? Yes, it's a Bf-110 C-4/B, but it took part in the Battle of Moscow all the same :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Mapping the Wespen on the nose is tough brother. Only a couple of guy on here have done it. I wish they made the template like the Bf-109E-7. It's much easier to map.

Yeah right on SPEKTRE, I only managed to put one on each side of the nose there's a lot of "filling in" to do to get it right and wrapped around the entire nose cone and get the two spikes correct around the cannon ports, too much for me to handle I'm afraid.

?/NJG1, Bf-110E-2, Maj.Wolfgang Falck, G9+GA, WNr 3920, 1941?

attachicon.gifNJG1 MOON.jpg

(The yellow antennas under the wings have been fixed)

UNCENSORED DOWNLOAD: attachicon.gifI.NJG1_G9+GA.zip

Der Schwarze Tod”  has arrived.

Very nice skin indeed Panzerbar superb Skull on the nose bet that took some doing.

Erg_ZGr_Vaerlose.jpg Erg_ZGr_Vaerlose_2.jpg

Bf110E-1, StKz SB+FN, VbKz "White 6", W.Nr.3791

1./Ergänzungs-Zerstörer Gruppe Værløse

https://yadi.sk/d/P-A1WI1gkp8fF

Many thanks !!!

BTW I had no luck trying to find the download for this skin that was available at one time over at the CloD official site , so I am delighted to be able to use it here! 

Bf-110 E1 Zerstorer 4_ZG26 3U+AM Balkans 1941.

Here is another ZG26 110 skin, this time 4/ZG26 whose emblem was a Ladybird in a white diamond(sort of) shape. This is actually a scheme for an E1 which had the lifeboat fairing on the very rear fuselage and also a long chord going down the left side of the fuselage to activate this device. 1C's excellent PSD template does replicate this chord as a panel line layer but I have omitted it as obviously there is no lifeboat fairing on the E2. Also the E1 did not have the vent on the very front of the nose which the E2 does have, which I believe according to posts on this forum is something to do with cockpit heating or ventilation and not as I thought a gun camera housing.

You will also notice that it carries a unusual yellow (gelb) stripe round the mid fuselage that actually covers some of the identification lettering, I don't know how historically accurate this is as I only had a side profile to use as reference but I am sure Panzerbar or Pierre will set me straight. Please be aware my skins all carry full historic insignia.

Hope you like it.

Thanks Rob.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xlugvcry84g6tt2/Bf110E_1_Zerstorer_4_ZG26_3U_AM_Balkans_1941.dds

post-12320-0-09209500-1448818831_thumb.jpg

post-12320-0-64479400-1448818841_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hey Rob,

whats wrong with you :biggrin: 

I mean it in a positive way. You make some great skins and so many.

Thank you, me liking mucho ;)

Hi guys. Beautiful skinning again Panzarbar and Viper. If someone has time available please consider the scheme of JG76 from 1940. Many thanks.

post-25547-0-77178800-1448824481_thumb.jpg

post-25547-0-88424500-1448824491_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 6