Jump to content
Jason_Williams

Bf-110 E2 Skins

Recommended Posts

I’m working on this skin for the bf-110 E2 to learn the ropes of the alpha channel…

Is a work in processes…  

 

I know this skin of the 1-NJG3 originally belong to a bf-110 C stationed in Africa, anyway, I try to replicate it on the  E2 version.

Give me your thoughts, criticism is welcome. 

 

unknown.png

unknown.pngunknown.png

 

DDS file here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j3Mx-8XiMU3aNvBQB12xZvZOIfIcEnVR

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't have a map of Iraq, we don't have any of the other assets needed to conduct a campaign in Iraq... in my mind it's pretty irrelevant... why are you deeply disappointed?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

We don't have a map of Iraq, we don't have any of the other assets needed to conduct a campaign in Iraq... in my mind it's pretty irrelevant... why are you deeply disappointed?

 

 

Well.....and bear with me here....but there is a bit of a point.....we don't have a map of Africa or Western Europe either but we still got official USAF and RAF skins for them in the in the mix (yeaaa the not at all immersion breaking experience of being hunted down over the Crimea by an invasion stripe toting RAF MkVb). Not even sure if China doesn't make it in with the P40s. Pre war America certainly does with the prototype US skins. 

 

The Iraqi 110s are well known aircraft, existing as they do in rare colour images too. I guess that might be the source of the "deep disappointment". 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Each to his own BOO, but I certainly won't shed a tear over the lack of Iraq campaign skins... with any luck though, you skinners will rally round and make him a shed full to play with  :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:49 PM, FORKYujin said:

I’m working on this skin for the bf-110 E2 to learn the ropes of the alpha channel…

Is a work in processes…  

 

I know this skin of the 1-NJG3 originally belong to a bf-110 C stationed in Africa, anyway, I try to replicate it on the  E2 version.

Give me your thoughts, criticism is welcome. 

 

 

unknown.png

 

DDS file here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j3Mx-8XiMU3aNvBQB12xZvZOIfIcEnVR

 

 

Brilliant work brother!!! I couldn't have done it better myself. I hope I get a new flight stick soon. My X-52 Pro took a dive. That way I clan fly this beauty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does someone can make some Ki-45 Toryu "Nick" skins based on the 110E2 ?

 

This is for a New Guinea campaign which i prepare ;)

I need such skins to populate airfields...

 

Thanks.

Edited by 64sTomio_VR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2018 at 11:49 PM, FORKYujin said:

I’m working on this skin for the bf-110 E2 to learn the ropes of the alpha channel…

Is a work in processes…  

 

I know this skin of the 1-NJG3 originally belong to a bf-110 C stationed in Africa, anyway, I try to replicate it on the  E2 version.

Give me your thoughts, criticism is welcome. 

 

unknown.png

unknown.pngunknown.png

 

DDS file here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j3Mx-8XiMU3aNvBQB12xZvZOIfIcEnVR


Amazing skin. I got it.

But isn't the tail colors wrong?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saluté Gents.

 

I have a request for a talented skinner with a bit of time in his hands.

 

I need a set of 12  summer skins based on ZG26, 1941. Standart cammo pattern in RLM 74/75/64 with ongoing letter and number codes. The set is for PWCG campaigns.

 

If someone can do is,he would be my personal hero an I would send him a virtual  beer ^^

 

 

Spoiler

lgnRw4f.jpg

 

Edited by Semor76
Repost,forget the spoiler
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Spektre

Any chance you can fix you link to the bf-110 skins for the Wings of victory post from this thread. the link is broken thanks mate!

Edited by lI./JG53_Badger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2018 at 2:06 PM, Semor76 said:

Saluté Gents.

 

I have a request for a talented skinner with a bit of time in his hands.

 

I need a set of 12  summer skins based on ZG26, 1941. Standart cammo pattern in RLM 74/75/64 with ongoing letter and number codes. The set is for PWCG campaigns.

 

If someone can do is,he would be my personal hero an I would send him a virtual  beer ^^

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

lgnRw4f.jpg

 

I want to repeat my request. The skins are desperately needed for PWCG campaigns!

Edited by Semor76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2018 at 3:00 AM, 325th_Bugsy said:

Hey Spektre

Any chance you can fix you link to the bf-110 skins for the Wings of victory post from this thread. the link is broken thanks mate!

+1000000

On 3/27/2019 at 1:09 PM, Semor76 said:

I want to repeat my request. The skins are desperately needed for PWCG campaigns!

Still in need for the skin pack.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to do a 110 skin and using ICDP's excellent template chose to do 3U-AR of 7./ZG26. This aircraft existed in various versions of the Me110 starting in the Battle of Britain in 1940 and then going on to North Africa, and finally to Trapani on the West coast of Sicily where the airframe was found stripped and abandoned in 1943. As usual there are no good colour photographs available so this skin is only semi-historic. It is unclear but probable that the ID was worn by a 110 E2 at some point during this time frame. The skin is my interpretation based on about 30 or so poor quality photos that exist of this aircraft and others within the Zerstorer Gruppe and of a period at the end of the DAK Campaign in North Africa during '43.

 

117430563_Messerschmitt-Bf-110D-Zerstorer-7.ZG26-(3UAR)-1941-02v3.thumb.jpg.a2b1c4c964a2b5e13bafe4588d7125b2.jpg669457740_Messerschmitt-Bf-110D-Zerstorer-7.ZG26-(3UMR)-1942-01v3.thumb.jpg.7a017417cd9f99dc12c31e92ea2f19b7.jpg425494648_Messerschmitt-Bf-110D-Zerstorer-8.ZG26-(3UNS)-over-western-desert-01v3.thumb.jpg.73ad48089210a514576df299b96f69fb.jpg397284997_Messerschmitt-Bf-110F2-Zerstorer-7.ZG26-(3UAR)-Trapani-1943-01v2.thumb.jpg.722189cb8b9da3fc5b7239c98903ce11.jpg

This final picture is of the crew celebrating the completion of their 250th combat mission at Trapani, Sicily in '43.

 

266163434_7.ZG263UARwv4a.thumb.jpg.3f5d47cb1360e88acaecd4f21c2cf63c.jpg

 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6o5e8gubr33nco7/Bf110E2_Public_4k_3U-AR__v6.dds/file

 

64144524_7.ZG263U-ARrv4.thumb.jpg.0d558d218444065aabade3797956abf7.jpg

 

I also did a version with a red A as I liked the black, white and red colouring.

 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/imi6ciwr097hkpb/Bf110E2_Public_4k_3U-AR_RED_v12.dds/file

Edited by Flowbee_603
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler
20 minutes ago, Flowbee_603 said:

I wanted to do a 110 skin and using ICDP's excellent template chose to do 3U-AR of 7./ZG26. This aircraft existed in various versions of the Me110 starting in the Battle of Britain in 1940 and then going on to North Africa, and finally to Trapani on the West coast of Sicily where the airframe was found stripped and abandoned in 1943. As usual there are no good colour photographs available so this skin is only semi-historic. It is unclear but probable that the ID was worn by a 110 E2 at some point during this time frame. The skin is my interpretation based on about 30 or so poor quality photos that exist of this aircraft and others within the Zerstorer Gruppe and of a period at the end of the DAK Campaign in North Africa during '43.

 

117430563_Messerschmitt-Bf-110D-Zerstorer-7.ZG26-(3UAR)-1941-02v3.thumb.jpg.a2b1c4c964a2b5e13bafe4588d7125b2.jpg669457740_Messerschmitt-Bf-110D-Zerstorer-7.ZG26-(3UMR)-1942-01v3.thumb.jpg.7a017417cd9f99dc12c31e92ea2f19b7.jpg425494648_Messerschmitt-Bf-110D-Zerstorer-8.ZG26-(3UNS)-over-western-desert-01v3.thumb.jpg.73ad48089210a514576df299b96f69fb.jpg397284997_Messerschmitt-Bf-110F2-Zerstorer-7.ZG26-(3UAR)-Trapani-1943-01v2.thumb.jpg.722189cb8b9da3fc5b7239c98903ce11.jpg

This final picture is of the crew celebrating the completion of their 250th combat mission at Trapani, Sicily in '43.

 

266163434_7.ZG263UARwv4a.thumb.jpg.3f5d47cb1360e88acaecd4f21c2cf63c.jpg

 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6o5e8gubr33nco7/Bf110E2_Public_4k_3U-AR__v6.dds/file

 

64144524_7.ZG263U-ARrv4.thumb.jpg.0d558d218444065aabade3797956abf7.jpg

 

I also did a version with a red A as I liked the black, white and red colouring.

 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/imi6ciwr097hkpb/Bf110E2_Public_4k_3U-AR_RED_v12.dds/file

 

absolutely great skin! What a beauty :)

Edited by Benti
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Flowbee, great work! Love seeing a dusty dirty desert workhorse. Trouble is, now you've made me thirsty!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is another aircraft from 7./ZG26 this time it is 3U-MR as it might have been in late '42. Again it appeared in various models and liveries during  WWII. From blue/grey during the Battle of Britain and arrival in North Africa to later appearing with a white nose in Sicily '43. This is the best quality original photo that I could find.

 

1520049908_1103u-mrmedlate42.thumb.jpg.904140877703073be591f4a556d8bb9e.jpg

 

 

 

1755505294_1103umr42.thumb.jpg.45236538d23962e1e32a9f80e19842b1.jpg

 

1196301952_1103umr422.thumb.jpg.a2180a6617e3de76ce0fdd2c55c92d3f.jpg

 

Updated...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/v61iit21y99awoz/Bf110E2_Public_4k_3U-MR_sand_v12.dds/file

 

 

 

 

Edited by Flowbee_603
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These 110 are gorgeous Flowbee :good:...Thanks ;)

Edited by Swing
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are two skins inspired by a poor quality scan pic I found online by artist Ian Holm.

 

1608510746_me1103uacianholmnohk.thumb.jpg.4d0413ffa894b88d320b141bbc4a2a2f.jpg

 

The first is my impression of Bf 110E-2, 3U+AC of StabII./ZG 26, Smolensk, January 1942

1315775959_110smolensk.thumb.jpg.f17c3142bbcd22c126424630572d85c7.jpg

 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dwetgq0orz6qj05/Bf110E2_Public_4k_3U_AC_v15.dds/file

 

The second skin is of the same markings aircraft but now an Me 110G-2 in 1942 based at Dubino. I came across an original black and white photo of 3U+AC in summer camo but now can't find it again. As soon as I do I will post it here. Also if anyone else comes across this aircraft I would really like to see more original photos of it.

1245270650_110dubino2.thumb.jpg.cb6471d39a490a866540c510b9a4f5a1.jpg

704431771_110dubino1.thumb.jpg.1b10188cf2a90122c9479e7233b5de47.jpg

 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/d3frk45opvjdbzf/Bf110G2_Public_4k_3U_AC_v14.dds/file

Edited by Flowbee_603
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bf 110E-1 S9+BK, WNr. 4108, of 2./SKG210, whose pilot carried out a successful belly landing near Seschtschinskaja after receiving combat damage. The unit emblem can be seen on the forward fuselage, and the yellow Russian front theatre band is in the wing root position. Again thanks go to ICDP for his brilliant template.
1290067636_Messerschmitt-Bf-110E-Zerstorer-2.SKG210-(S9BK)-WNr-4108-crash-landed-Seschtschinskaja-1941-01.thumb.jpg.4d49fd24da733a53d0da5e9e92eb2ef7.jpg1242607757_s9bk1.thumb.jpg.3ed6f660bcf687c39ed176985fdaac85.jpg1023488429_s9bk2.thumb.jpg.871721bd36cac9a8bced51196fd5059d.jpg

 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/85q2imvin1or9b2/Bf110E2_Public_4k_2.skg210_s9_bk_v3.dds/file

Edited by Flowbee_603
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2018 at 2:06 PM, Semor76 said:

Saluté Gents.

 

I have a request for a talented skinner with a bit of time in his hands.

 

I need a set of 12  summer skins based on ZG26, 1941. Standart cammo pattern in RLM 74/75/64 with ongoing letter and number codes. The set is for PWCG campaigns.

 

If someone can do is,he would be my personal hero an I would send him a virtual  beer ^^

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

lgnRw4f.jpg

 

Still in need for a Bf-110 Skin PACK 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK Semor76, you seem to want this badly so let me see if I have this correct.

 

You want a full 2nd Staffel complement of 12 aircraft for I./ZG26, 1941.

This would be U8+AK to U8+LK.

The aircraft colours to be...

colours.jpg.7cb68da0d74aa2611e58e5959486693d.jpgI

or...

269607153_RLM64.jpg.af26d6edbc8b7350a6755f600fae9f8c.jpg

And to look like this...

Spoiler

724468458_bf110EI.ZG261941.jpg.5f14a4823d3302af7d735b067a555fcf.jpg

 

I./ZG26 formed 1939, disbanded 1942; code U8.
The code for I./ZG 26 was changed from U8 to 3U as early as July 1940, although both were used until 1941 when 3U became permanent
I./ZG 26 = initially U8, first half of 1941, changed to 3U
I Gruppe Zerstörergeschwader 26 "Ringelpietz"
- "U8+__" , used during 12.39 - 3.41.
- "3U+__" , used during 3.41 - 4.44.

 

In 1941 I./ZG26 were deployed first to the Balkans, then in the invasion of Greece and finally onto Russia.

After looking through dozens of original b/w photos of I./ZG26 the aircraft shown in the profile above is from the Balkan campaign and was photographed over Yugoslavia. In Greece the nose was painted white and a thin white band applied just forward of the tailplane. In Russia the aircraft was redesignated as 3U and a yellow band applied under the 3U.

 

Here is a good b/w photo of the 3U+KK 110 of the 2nd Staffel I./ZG26 in Russia.

1647088577_Messerschmitt-Bf-110C-Zerstorer-2.ZG26-(3UKK)-Russia-1941-01.thumb.jpg.6a2747d627c91a27f73621281c8a545e.jpg

 

It clearly has a yellow band under the 3U but does not appear to have yellow on the engine narcelle.

 

Please confirm which campaign theatre markings are to be applied.

 

Edited by Flowbee_603
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today is a good day....thanks mate!!

 

Well,since we´re on the eastern front and according to the photo, I would suggest the version with the yellow fuselage band and without the yellow painted engine narcelle.

 

 

Edited by Semor76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Semor76 said:

Today is a good day....thanks mate!!

 

Well,since we´re on the eastern front and according to the photo, I would suggest the version with the yellow fuselage band and without the yellow painted engine narcelle.

 

 

Good choice! I'll crack on then...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, here is the first of the Staffel as discussed. If it is ok then I will use the template as a basis for the rest with minor differences just to add a bit of realism so the planes do not look so cloned. Also the ID letters had some limited colour changes within a Staffel but I have not come across any rules that govern those differences. If anyone has any insights to this it would be interesting. If you need yours without the Hakenkreutz it would be easier to do that at the outset as I default to have it as for me it just looks wrong without it. Let me know if it is ok or if you would like any changes.  Hope I don't run out of disk space... :unsure:

 

2nd Staffel aircraft of I Gruppe Zerstörergeschwader 26 "Ringelpietz", 1941 Russia.

1560624176_1103uak1.thumb.jpg.3fef29d14fd372dd15a504566a617d5c.jpg457650805_1103uak2.thumb.jpg.68bc82b43de84b6615da4fc9023a9af8.jpg

 

I've made another update to get the oil spills looking better and also to smooth out the ragged edge of red on the spinner. Going to have a look to see if I can get the paint flake edges sharper but that can wait until the BK version. Also the prop blade coupling could do with a metal shine. Some of the underside oil leaks also reflect too much light when in shadow but not sure that is worth trying to tweak as it takes so much time to get the  alpha levels to balance just right.

 

317223795_1103uak3.thumb.jpg.2d6cf4712eb0da77b20cc09e3bc0b2ea.jpg

 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7615um59cj118pd/Bf110E2_Public_4k_3U_AK_v11.dds/file

 

(There is another update below with the correct Red A denoting an aircraft of the 2nd Staffel.)

Edited by Flowbee_603
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Flowbee_603  Just one word: A.W.S.O.M.E!

 

True work of a true scotsman 😉

 

Well, if it´s not too much work for you, I would prefer to stay with the swastikas. The realism thing...you know. As for the colour code of the letter ID´s: IIRC ther was a basic rule for it. I read about it in one of the Kagero Books a few years ago. Maybe I still own this book. I have to do a search in my libary for it. It´s a bit chaotic here at the momet.

 

In case of not, do as you like. It doesn´t need to be 1001% accurate.

 

Keep on with the project. I like it and I´m sure the other Bf-110er Jokeys here do as well.

Edited by Semor76
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent! I will start working my way through the next 11 then. It will take about a day per plane. Unless the weather improves in which case I am out of here but in Scotland there is little chance of that happening...  Hopefully by the last plane the bf 110 should look pretty cool. Again all credit to ICDP and his superb template that really gets skin creation off to a flying start.

 

edit: Found the info regarding lettering. For the 2nd Staffel the third letter should be red. So for historical accuracy here is the updated version.

 

1021683846_1103uak4.thumb.jpg.5c5aff91c74b4986bbb46edde66019f7.jpg

 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a5pipn6swpyy6rj/Bf110E2_Public_4k_3U_AK_v13.dds/file

Edited by Flowbee_603
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completed the run through for the 12 skins of Staffel 2./ZG26 but when viewed side by side, despite my efforts, they still looked cloned. I then went back through the skins and tried to achieve more variance. I think that now they look more acceptable. So here is the complete skin pack for the whole of the 2nd Staffel. Any change requests are more than  welcome as I have managed to retain the complete Template making this process easier.

 

2./ZG26 supported the German advance towards Leningrad engaged mainly in ground attack missions. They had no fear of Russian fighters at this stage of the war and claimed that they could easily outmanoeuvre them as their attacks were clumsy and without skill. Also JG54's 109s usually made short work of any attacking Russian fighters.

 

957166554_2_ZG26.thumb.jpg.52e74000951f3df3e63899b41082fd7a.jpg  

744351845_1103uck1.thumb.jpg.5b0ca1fdb175ef717cf89013fba79f3f.jpg1046859178_1103uhk1.thumb.jpg.0cc2829ae6446393712a4ae49e95ad1f.jpg1408761026_1103ujk1.thumb.jpg.b7230db897ffd1f50a5be89023625ece.jpg451158506_1103ukk1.thumb.jpg.fd76b2878fb2d4eda4dd1215dfe3c588.jpg976841324_1103ulk1.thumb.jpg.a6ffeb5bef58439bed5bffec4c5add1a.jpg

 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/xurul0zyzwxmyae/Bf110E2_Public_4k_3U_K_2.I.ZG26_final.zip/file

 

Edited by Flowbee_603
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done @Flowbee_603...well done! Finest artwork here.  I have nothing to complain nor did I want you to change anything. Thank you very much mate 😉 

137454-004-0A2166DB.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Flowbee_603.    These skins are up to your usual top shelf standard, definitely  theducks-nuts.pngof  110 skins.

Edited by bzc3lk
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...