PERFORMANCE ISSUES and frame rate issues.

I personnally never install geforce experience ...i ve just tried to cap my fps to 30 ....no  real changes ...try with AA X4 to  0 --->  no real changes in perfs too ....full screen / windowed screen ---> no changes ....

My fps loss between 1.104 and 1.105 is about 10 to 15 fps ...even it seems i got   less stuterring than many of you , there s a real performance issue ...

Hope it will be soon sorted out .

Hi Guys,

Set up my new rig last week just after the new update and performance is not all that great. Even in SP...

In PWCG with 4 Heinkels framerates drops below 30 fps. To bad i couldn't compare it to pre 1.105.

System specs:

- I7 4790K

- MSI Z97 Gaming 5

- Kingston HyperX Beast (t3) 16GB

- MSI GTX 980 Gaming

- Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

- Windows 10

Grt Martijn

Flying on the Stalingrad summer map in multiplayer, only player on the server. I get 40-50 FPS in the air, with CPU utilization oscillating around 50% on each core (I have an core i5, no hyperthreading). GPU utilization never went above 50%. It seems there is something wrong with utilization of CPU and GPU, some contention going on somewhere... You should all check your CPU and GPU utilization before and after making changes to configuration in the game and in NVidia CP, or you'll be doing a lot of shooting in the dark.

sirs i too was having bad FPS loss of 20+ i tryed all the fixes on here,I tryed the fps limiter in game at 30 but was no change, then i tryed fps limiter at 50 and pow FPS come back up now i get 30+ on ground take off on tank maps. just thought it might help some one.<S> sirs :salute: and thanks for all the help posts. 

HDR already turned off for my part. The game is running ok (few micro stutters and 25+ fps on ground) with viewing distance set to normal. Putting this viewing distance to more than normal is a FPS killer and a micro stutter friend!

Same here. HDR Off, lower FPS than before, some micro stutters

• Upvote 1

Hdr and SSao have always been off for me , yesterday i try to play on WOL....where i use to  have fun with PE2 or IL2 ... so much stuttering and track IR is that  slow , i find a moving train and what s happened , film nearly stopped , cannot turn my head , but during this time the show goes on ...result : ground: 1  /  13's PE2 : 0   .  Same thing ; after that , i go chasing a convoy , find it , it turns into slide show , lost any control on the plane and one more time baaaam ...  

I had a blast in 1.103 and 1.104 to fly il2's between ground and top of the trees and playing" leap frog" to go to objectives and come back ...  its no more possible ... :( .  I have tried to reduce  view distance to normal to see if it helps :  no changes ...a pity !  i buy BOM yesterday and cannot enjoy it ... :(

Have you tried Mastif's Nvidia control panel settings found on page one of this thread? I have the same generation (different company) video card as you and his settings helped quite a bit!

Hdr and SSao have always been off for me , yesterday i try to play on WOL....where i use to  have fun with PE2 or IL2 ... so much stuttering and track IR is that  slow , i find a moving train and what s happened , film nearly stopped , cannot turn my head , but during this time the show goes on ...result : ground: 1  /  13's PE2 : 0   .  Same thing ; after that , i go chasing a convoy , find it , it turns into slide show , lost any control on the plane and one more time baaaam ...  

I had a blast in 1.103 and 1.104 to fly il2's between ground and top of the trees and playing" leap frog" to go to objectives and come back ...  its no more possible ... :( .  I have tried to reduce  view distance to normal to see if it helps :  no changes ...a pity !  i buy BOM yesterday and cannot enjoy it ... :(

Edited by SYN_Mike77

For french speaking only :P :  

"Mon expérience en vol est devenue,depuis la dernière update,moins fluide et même par moment bien "désagréable" et saccadée bawling.gif (carte graphique RAM 1 Go Nvidia GTX 560 ti).

Un truc bizarre est que les fps affichés par EDF restent à un niveau supérieur à 25-30 même lorsque le paysage semble avancer par petits et rapides à-coup.

Dommage que BOS semble plus exigeant au niveau matos que ces derniers mois crying.gif"

You can read a french post about this "problême" here: http://www.checksix-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=437&t=191975

(i must to say "BOS is fabulous for me despite a few pb " :) :)   THX ++++)

J'ai pu expérimenté sur RoF avec ma vieille config que le paysage et les avions environnants ne sont pas affichés avec le même taux de FPS. On peut raisonnablement imaginer que c'est la même chose avec BoS.

Par exemple, on peut voir les avion évoluer de façon parfaitement fluide autour de soi, et voir le paysage défiler de façon saccadée.

To sum it up in english :

Landscape and planes are not shown with the same FPS rate in both RoF and BoS. You can see, in some circumstances, planes around you fly smoothly, with some stuttering in the landscape.

Edited by Nonolem

J'ai pu expérimenté sur RoF avec ma vieille config que le paysage et les avions environnants ne sont pas affichés avec le même taux de FPS. On peut raisonnablement imaginer que c'est la même chose avec BoS.

Par exemple, on peut voir les avion évoluer de façon parfaitement fluide autour de soi, et voir le paysage défiler de façon saccadée.

To sum it up in english :

Landscape and planes are not shown with the same FPS rate in both RoF and BoS. You can see, in some circumstances, planes around you fly smoothly, with some stuttering in the landscape.

yes I have seen this, the problem is that more than likely read/write speed of your SSD/HDD to the Ram. could be a slow SSD/ or HDD. 5,000 to 10,000 HDD or even the 7200rpm drives.

My fps loss between 1.104 and 1.105 is about 10 to 15 fps ...even it seems i got   less stuterring than many of you , there s a real performance issue ...

Hope it will be soon sorted out .

In 1.105 (correct me if I'm wrong) devs made some security changes in .gtp files to prevent extracting game content (textures, objects). if I'm right there must be some code te decoding this files dynamically. These is my suspicions but maybe this is the reason for all FPS drops and microstutters.

Microfreezes while playing MP, smooth play on SP.

As soon as mission is loaded, microstutters while moving mouse pointer acros map or while dragging map: every cca 2s mouse pointer or map movement freezes for a fraction of a second.

While flying microfreezes strongly noticable regardless a fps value.

Spec.: i3570k OC 4400 MHz, 16GB RAM, Ati R9 Fury, monitor 2560x1440, windows 7 64bit Home (same results Windows 10 64bit Prof.), driver settings application controlled, application video settings balanced, no AA, SSAO, no FPS limit, no HDR, distant landscape detail normal, sweetfx smaa (same results without sweetfx)

CPU, GPU loads:

post-1084-0-60041100-1448994644_thumb.png

post-1084-0-23985100-1448994652_thumb.png

Edited by Wotobia

To tell the truth the big problem, at least for me is NOT   fps drop ...on my system i cannot pretend to have over 60 fps ...the problem is not so much fps dropped down BUT the fact that it s no more fluid ...and i say NO MORE   on purpose cause 1.104 ans 1.103 where perfect even with my old computer ...NOW till 1.405 we 've even got guys with racing computers which face same problem : no fluidity + stutter  + erratic track IR ...    As long as you fly high and alone , well you can deal with it ....try to attack a train at hight speed , or try a furball ....and all went down ...  1.403 should be back till they fix this !

:o: January ... are you kidding guys ?

We need a patch in the meantime and we can not move forward speculating on something, not confirmed moreover.

If Yan, Black Six, Jason, Loft are considering we are clients before simmers they should soon communicate on this soon I guess. At this time i'm confident in their ability to fix it, it's too obvious, and as it is a performance regression it should be be easy to fix ... or come back to 1.104 settings.

But when ...? Actually I'm a little worried with their current priorities : A lots of 3D contents (nice indeed) and a lot of marketing targeting the Warthunder market ... but those guys from WT won't adopt the sim with this kind of performances ! Optimizing the game (Network code, Memory management) is the only way to have steady basis for BOS to become a recognized standard combining both hard core simmers capabilities and arcade setting (like we had on Il-2 1946).  

It should be a priority.  

Madison:  You are reading that wrong.  The shift to 64 bit wont be considered till January, (actually I will be shocked if we get it that soon)  That does not mean that there will not be a patch (or even another whole update) before then.  There might not be but there maybe.  Historically they have been pretty good with hot fixes when something is broken by an update.

Having said that, it is also possible that this update has pushed the game up against the 32 bit wall and no fix is possible until we get a 64 bit system. 

Finally, let me stress again.  If you have an nvidia card you should try Mastiff's 3d fixes in control panel.  If you haven't done that then you are not serious about the problem (or you have AMD graphic card).

Finally, let me stress again.  If you have an nvidia card you should try Mastiff's 3d fixes in control panel.  If you haven't done that then you are not serious about the problem (or you have AMD graphic card).

Still doesn solve some of the main issues, for example why the game ustilizes only 4 GB Ram (while requiring a twice as big pagefile).

Also I noticed my GTX 970 is at constant 3500MB memory usage no matter if flying a empty quick mission or on a busy MP server. Don't know what all these ressources get drawn for.

And yes I've tried tweakign the settings. Marginal benefit at best. No fix for micro struttering (enevry 2 sec) or the still noticeably FPS hit since 1.105 patchday.

I ve look at Mastiff s nvidia control panel ...mine is the same till ...years ...EXCEPT   for triple buffering "on" which is related to the use of vsync  ( i dont use vsync , my rig cannot sustain 60 fps, so triple buffering is off on mine ) and also FXAA "on" ...so ; i ve tried FXAA "on" instead of "disabled" ...no change ...

Edited by -LaFrench-13Nrv

So we are left with a broken sim awesome. Personally I feel that the devs making a sim in 32bit had to know that it would be pushed to its limits. I cant understand why they just didn't go with 64bit to begin with. The simulator market is fragile at best with a highly demanding customer base.    Not a good way to do things how am I supposed to recommend this to other people, the potential of this sim is great but come on fix it already.

This sim has an incredible amount of depth to it that is theoretically possible, especially with the full mission builder available to every player (which everyone should take a shot at learning).  Then the hard questions comes, where do you start to take away (reduce detail) from to improve performance?, when there is still more detail that should be added to complete the story (FPS, environmental smoke, collisions, ai behavior on the ground).  And of all the possible shots in the dark I've done lately for 1.105, completely disabling SLI on my computer seems to do the most good for reducing stutters.

So we are left with a broken sim awesome. Personally I feel that the devs making a sim in 32bit had to know that it would be pushed to its limits. I cant understand why they just didn't go with 64bit to begin with. The simulator market is fragile at best with a highly demanding customer base.    Not a good way to do things how am I supposed to recommend this to other people, the potential of this sim is great but come on fix it already.

Going from 32bits to 64bits is not that simple. Some functions have to be changed, and if you want to do things properly, you have to rewrite some from the ground. 

Also I guess the team hadn't figured this wall when they decided the schedule for developping earlier this year. With all the content they added lately it's something they hadn't planned. That's why I guess we will a hot fix (or in 1.106) that will do some trades off to improve performance. 

They already succeed in enhancing performance without a visual change with 1.103 and 1.104, so I'll keep confident for 1.106 regarding this issue. But obviously, on the performance side, the next step should be 64 bits build.

"To be honest I'm just fed up fiddling and reinstalling stuff.

It worked fine before the last patch with two different graphics cards and my own Nvidia settings, why would the Nvidia settings suddenly need changing?"

+100000   i know how to manage my nvidia driver and my ingame settings till...ww2 fighters janes  ...    but now ?   yes i m fed up  !   

The reality is the day before 1.405 :  all was fine extremely smooth online / offline .... and the minute after 1.405 .....all goes wrong ...so it s not driver or anything else related ...

Edited by -LaFrench-13Nrv

So 64bits is the answer to all our problems then?

The real answer :  rollback to previous settings. We do need 64 bits in the end, but for now a simple rollback would bring our performance back ! 

In real IT Development world there is a discipline call Dev Ops, any organized dev team using this kind of Change Management software is able to analysis the differences in development made between 2 versions, identify the main guilty changes and roll back to the previous state. 

The second problem we have is simple : COMMUNICATION !  

More than >120 posts related to this everywhere on the forum, tester forwarding the message to devs, and still no plan neither communication . Those guys don't really  care obviously. 

Edited by MadisonV44

Those guys don't really  care obviously. 

Not hardly the case. They certainly do care, but it's hard to track down an issue when not everyone is having the problem being described by some here. So please, stop with the bashing of the team. It's unproductive and doesn't help anyone or anything. 

FWIW, my background is in IT.

Maybe we need better testers. You can't tell me that none of the testers noticed this problem.

Then if they didn't listen to the bad reports from the testers, thats another problem.

If I didn't enjoy flight simulators so much I would be gone. How do they expect to bring in the mouse aimers with this pile of junk.

• Upvote 1

Lets keep in mind that most people don't have any problems with this update and some of those who did have fixed the problems with tweaks to their own system.  The number of people playing on line looks to me like it is up pretty significantly which would back up the idea that most of their customers are not having problems.  To say that the team does not care shows a complete lack of understanding of this team.  They have pumped out update after update and several hot fixes when they have widespread problems with an update.  I understand the frustration but remember, you are frustrated because you enjoy the game so much.  If Rome Total War II (another game that I bought) came up with an update that caused lower framerates and stutters I could not care less because it is not a game I play anymore!  (or much at the begining to tell the truth!)

They will sort it out, they always do.

• Upvote 1

you are frustrated because you enjoy the game so much

No we are frustrating because we don't have the full set of features we had with the previous IL2 1946, and because in 2015 we have a 32bits game and because it seems no one cares when we try to tell we have some performance issues. 

Number of people playing on line looks to me like it is up pretty significantly 

what do you mean significant? you mean more than 1000 like on Hyperlobby some years ago?

but yes let's hope for a better future and the dev team to improve and fix all potential issues.

Just to add context.

December 2014 - http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/13515-bad-fps-drops-and-microstutters/

January 2015 - http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/14329-please-dont-move-bugspeople-dont-go-there/

February 2015 - http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/14901-please-fix-microstuttering/

February 2015 - http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/14845-microstuttering-after-109/

For some reason I couldn't search my posts from more than a year ago, but this has been an ongoing issue since the beginning.  None of these were started by me.  Things go well for a few months then they repeat the same problem again.  You would think they would know what brakes the game by now and not do it.  It's hard to comprehend.  

This screws the game up for some.  Let's don't do that anymore.