Just curious but as the pitch trim on Bf109 and the Fw190 is achieved in the same way, a screw jack moving the leading edge of the horizontal stabiliser, why do they need separate key settings for each aircraft.

"Pitch trim up" and "Pitch trim down" for Bf109 and "Fw190 adjustable stabiliser up" and "Fw190 adjustable stabiliser down" for the Fw giving the same result using exactly the same method. Why not have just "Pitch trim nose up" and "Pitch trim nose down" for all aircraft.

Edited by Redwulf__26

Something like "in one is need use pilot muscle force and in the other is used electric power to turn that screw...";)

But you can map the same keys, eg. keyboard arrow up and keyboard arrow down (no practical use in "standard" key layout) for both, and for "elevator trim" (other planes). Use the same principle for "N" radiator types.

"No es lo mismo, pero resulta igual". ;)

Edited by Sokol1

You can use "axis" and buttons on Bf, but you can use only buttons on FW.

This is the reason why devs made separate controls for bf and fw stabilizer.

Make (some) sense.

Bone one can argue, why dont use for the Fw 190 the sames command of elevator trim in other planes (minus Bf 109) as none these use axis.

My guess: because each of this trim modes have different "response curves" (for the game engine), in elevator trim is symmetric, in stabilizer is not (is more up than down).

I just dont care about command names and planes models and trim all in same keys. :)

Edited by Sokol1

I would've preferred one simple setting, with only pitch trim, aileron trim, rudder trim and the game automatically knows to setup things according (use the pitch trim key for stabilizer trim etc.) and in addition to all that, one advanced setting where you can setup all controls for each plane seperately.

The current solution (not just for trim, but also radiator control etc.) is more of a compromise and it can be pretty confusing at times.

I would've preferred one simple setting, with only pitch trim, aileron trim, rudder trim and the game automatically knows to setup things according (use the pitch trim key for stabilizer trim etc.) and in addition to all that, one advanced setting where you can setup all controls for each plane seperately.

The current solution (not just for trim, but also radiator control etc.) is more of a compromise and it can be pretty confusing at times.

Agreed it uses up valuable axis/buttons from our hotas

For planes with push-button trim (Pe-2, Fw 190) I can see the justification for restricting trim to keyboard commands, but for just about every other plane it does need to be assignable to an axis.

Edited by LukeFF

For the hundredth time (it seems) yes it should be on axis for those planes. No agrueable reason it shouldn't. Not even they are working on it. It's been two years. Plenty of time.

And that sort of attitude isn't going to make the feature come any sooner.

Its clear it doesn't help or hurt. It is what it is. If they had cared about trim it would have already been done. Me pointing out the obvious is just the fact. If it pisses them off well good. I'm pissed off everytime i reach for my axis and it doesn't work. So I'll keep complaining to blow off my steam. One day maybe it will be fixed. That timing is not effected by my meaningless words on this site. I do not start a trim post, but i sure will reply to each and every one. Smiley face. (On phone )

• Upvote 1

I use keys for the FW and an axis for the 109 - problem solved. It helps that I have a funky Warthog HOTAS though.  Likeiwse with the VVS planes that use buttons or an axis.

We all want greater reality up to the point it becomes inconvenient...

von Tom

We all want greater reality up to the point it becomes inconvenient...

;) My pet peeve in this regard is the landing gear of the I-16 - I'd love if we had to press the key until is completely down/up...