[Release] IL-2 Tactical Map - Android App

• 1 month later...

Version 1.4.0 has been released. This release includes:

• Updated aircraft data according to release 3.001
  • Career and PWCG integration

Career and PWCG integration requires the use of the newly released too IL-2 Integrator. You can find more information about it here:

This integrations allows you to load career and PWCG missions instantly from your campaigns. You no longer need to input the route manually!

• 8 months later...
On 12/29/2018 at 2:00 PM, Shattered said:

hey I am enjoying your app but the last update just keep crashing not even showing the UI at all I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 T819 with the Exynos CPU 

Edit: a full reboot fixed the issue

There is indeed a problem that I found due to your feedback. I'll try to fix this problem in the next release. Another fix might be to force close the application. 

• 2 months later...

Hi Magnum, 

The app doesn't work even with IL2 Integrator installed. The app never connects to the IP adresse given by IL2 Integrator?  

Can you fix it or make a tutorial to explain how it works. 

Thank you for your time and your app! 

Edited by HammerCed
5 hours ago, HammerCed said:

Hi Magnum, 

The app doesn't work even with IL2 Integrator installed. The app never connects to the IP adresse given by IL2 Integrator?  

Can you fix it or make a tutorial to explain how it works. 

Thank you for your time and your app! 

Hi HammerCed!

Do you have, by any chance, multiple network connections on your PC? For example, one using Wi-Fi and another one using cable. I remind you that both your Android device and your PC need to be connected to the same network. If you wish, we can keep solving this issue through private messaging.

Edited by MAGNUM_PT
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
15 hours ago, 312_JS said:

Thanks a lot!
Any ETA on Bodenplatte update, please?

I have the map ready but unfortunately I have reached the maximum storage limit on the server. I will need to use another service for storage. I hope to have it ready by tomorrow or, at worst, Saturday.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Habu said:

Where is the download and do you have Prokorovka ?

I can add that, as well as the Arras map. But Flying Circus aircraft information won't be included just now. Tank mission planning (if that even makes sense) and tank information will take a long time to come.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I like the Idea to have an App external to plan flights, especially when your fingers are to fat for Missionplanner on a tablet :P.

But i might have some issues.

I can't login and because of that i can't synchronize my flight with my mates. I get a error message: "Error:Server error", also i can't create a Account, tells me that it already exists. I installed it on my Phone too, to check for my own mistakes but have the same errors.

Also i have a Idea/proposal.

It would be nice, if we can synchronize the flightplans etc between your tool and the Missionplaner. That would allow to share to ppl who don#t have Android tools.

Also it would be nice if i could save multiple targets etc., like in Missionplanner for later use without a flight plan for repeating maps.

p.s.

If you want to slap Sofa for his non informative reply on the first pages..

Just do it :P

Hey Steven! Thank you for your feedback!

Regarding the error, I can't find anything wrong with but app BUT I'm having problems accessing the platform where the server is hosted. So, they might be having some problems. I will ask you to try again and, if it still doesn't work, contact through PM so that we can sort that issue out.

Regarding sharing routes with Missionplaner, I once briefly spoke of that idea with cirousGamblerr (also to have a common functionality that would allow missions to be loaded from multiplayer servers) but we went no further than that. And it won't likely happen.

About saving missions, you can already do that. Once you have your mission laid out, you can click the menu button (the 3 dots on the corner of the screen) and click "Save route". However, you do need to have at least placed the airfield.

• 1 month later...

Giving this app a try, as a knee pad map. So far, looks very promising. I find myself often leading a section or flight, having quick access to a map of the area I'm flying is nice. The in-game map functionality is a bit intrusive and distracting. Hoping this will allow easier navigation. 

Side note... Where did you get the maps themselves? 

38 minutes ago, WWSandMan said:

Giving this app a try, as a knee pad map. So far, looks very promising. I find myself often leading a section or flight, having quick access to a map of the area I'm flying is nice. The in-game map functionality is a bit intrusive and distracting. Hoping this will allow easier navigation. 

Side note... Where did you get the maps themselves? 

Thank your for your feedback!

Most maps were provided to me by curiousGamblerr, the creator of IL-2 Mission Planner. But more recently I started to extract them from the game files using the same tool modders use.

• Like 1

Hi, just downloaded the map app and loving the ability to load career missions with the integrator. One small request. The U-2/Po-2 has a very low cruising speed, can the range on the TAS slide on the right of the map be lowered to 100 kph? 

This would help with estimating the flight duration for this very slow biplane.

Edited by JakeTheDoge
Grammar error
On 12/4/2019 at 7:34 PM, JakeTheDoge said:

Hi, just downloaded the map app and loving the ability to load career missions with the integrator. One small request. The U-2/Po-2 has a very low cruising speed, can the range on the TAS slide on the right of the map be lowered to 100 kph? 

This would help with estimating the flight duration for this very slow biplane.

Hi!

Yes! That feature has also been requested by other users and will be included in the next update.

• 9 months later...

Hi MAGNUM_PT. I have checked your app in my android tablet and is great. But I have a question... can you create a version for the Ipad that supports the apple pencil?, I usually fly with an Ipad and the first gen apple pencil (I like to take notes of some things and so far no android tablet is as good as the Ipad for taking notes IMHO) It would be great to be able to draw on top of the maps.

19 hours ago, Sudkan said:

Hi MAGNUM_PT. I have checked your app in my android tablet and is great. But I have a question... can you create a version for the Ipad that supports the apple pencil?, I usually fly with an Ipad and the first gen apple pencil (I like to take notes of some things and so far no android tablet is as good as the Ipad for taking notes IMHO) It would be great to be able to draw on top of the maps.

Unfortunately, that's not possible. iOS development requires some expensive hardware and the 100$/year App Store fee is not really viable for a free app.

• 4 weeks later...

Bonjour,

I like your App A LOT.   I would LOVE IT if I could switch the speeds to MPH.  For exemple, flying the P-40E,  my airspeed indicator in the cockpit is in MPH  but your App give me the stall speed, max speed, etc.. in KM/H. 😞

Thanks for your great work M. MAGNUM_PT.