=FB=TL

Improved Dserver

Dear hosters who run dedicated servers!

A new Dserver version is out with a stability issue fixed. It won't be included in the game until the next update, but you can host your server using it now if you wish.

You can download the attached archive and unpack it to \IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\

Run the file \1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\DServer\DEDServer.exe (it is named differently to keep the old one working).

If you encounter a crash in this version, please post the details (mission file, server load, anything you think is worth to mention) and attach crash data that can be found in Windows event journal.

Thanks!

DServer.zip

• Upvote 3

~S~ =FB=TL,

Happy_Camper.jpg

Thank You!

!S -Jupp- :salute: 

A kind soul hopped in the server and triggered the AI for me.  Here's the Chart thus far...

serverload2.jpg

Initial load jump shown above, is where the AI got triggered.  That's 3x Stukka, 2x 190s and 2x 109s taking off.  Minutes later the fighters begin their cover command on stukkas.  Grey spike is an activated train. That train spike would hit the top with the old server, and the initial jump in load used to hover just below the center line.  Big improvement. Thanks again TL!

Edited by Menacing_Ferrets

Sounds promising maybe the server overload messages will be reduced

I don't know what you've done but you did well.

On the same mission between the v1.104 and your beta, it's the night and day. :salute:

Edited by Habu

Thanks, TL!

I'll see if I can get this version installed on New Wings in the next few days -- much appreciated.

Regards,

4 :salute:

Is the graph vertical scale 25% per division then? So, Menacing_Ferrets usage is about 25% when the AI is triggered? 

Is the graph vertical scale 25% per division then? So, Menacing_Ferrets usage is about 25% when the AI is triggered? 

No, it's 50%. The yellow line peaks in the middle of the graph. I'm not sure I've noticed an improvement when it comes to AI CPU consumption, but any stability improvement is welcome anyway.

No, it's 50%. The yellow line peaks in the middle of the graph. I'm not sure I've noticed an improvement when it comes to AI CPU consumption, but any stability improvement is welcome anyway.

Thanks Coconut. So, the line would turn red above the middle of the graph (100%), right?

Further to my last note, is the following description accurate?

Server Performance Graph (Bottom of Window)

A trace over time of the percent DServer processing load relative to it's maximum acceptable processing load. Once the load exceeds 100%, the DServer response slows down. 

The horizontal axis is marked in one minute intervals. The most recent data appears at the right and moves to the left.

The vertical axis is marked in 50% intervals, with 0% at the bottom and 200% at the top.

The trace that indicates usage over time is colour-coded as follows:

• A yellow trace indicates acceptable usage levels (0% to 100%).
  • A red trace indicates unacceptable usage levels (>100%), during which server overload warning messages are shown in the mission chat box.
The curve can also include temporary spikes in the usage level, such as when an object is spawned.
  • Upvote 1

Once you update, you'll definitely want to stop using the DEDserver, and go back to using the dserver in bin/game/.  You'll see why....

all kinds of energy loss variables are incorrect.

Changing my shortcut now...

:)

cheers

Do you still need this file or does it come standard with the 1.05 update ?

You don't need it. Fix for related issue is included to the dserver in 1.105.

Is there any way the Dserver console can be used to issue commands like restart mission, chnage mission time remaining on the go? Also is there any way to remove hud? Things like engine overheat, oxygem maks on and bla bla bla?

Here is a procedure that you can try. You could probably add some mission timer logic to your mission and have the server admin trigger the appropriate timer.

Allow a Multiplayer Server Administrator to Trigger an Event

You can allow a multiplayer server administrator to trigger an event in a running mission. For
example, they can trigger an end mission translator to end a mission early or trigger a
subtitle translator to display a message.

Do the following:

1. Ensure that the multiplayer server administrator is able to use the Remote Console to
    control a multiplayer mission server remotely.

2. Place a server input translator anywhere and give it a name that describes the
    action that the server administrator can trigger.

Here are some examples of names: EndMission to end the mission or TenMinutes to
    display the message "Mission ends in ten minutes".

3. Target link the server input translator to an MCU that you want to allow a multiplayer
    server administrator to trigger.

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for any other events that you want to allow a multiplayer server
    administrator to trigger.

Make each server input translator name unique.

5. Give the exact name (including capitol letters) and result of each server input translator
    to the server administrator.

The server administrator can trigger a server input translator by sending the
    "serverinput" command from the Remote Console.
Edited by JimTM