Han

Developer Diary, Part 112 - Discussion

Hello everyone!

We hope you enjoyed update 1.104 and Bf-109 E-7, summer and autumn maps and the new campaign it brought  :) In general we have positive responses to all changes and additions and this is really good. We'd like to say 'Thank you!' to all players who dropped a positive comment on our forum, Steam, Facebook, etc. - your positive reviews are very important.

Meanwhile we continue our work on Battle of Moscow project, there is significant progress in the map department, we'll be able to show you first screenshots of it soon: placing buildings and bridges, setting coordinates of roads and rivers, mapping the settlements and airfields are almost done. For Moscow map we use a new approach for landscape texturing which should make it even more realistic looking and impressive.

Of course, there is also progress in creating new planes for Battle of Moscow. Tomorrow we release Bf 110 E-2 for beta-testing. Main chunk of work on its visual, damage and physics model, flight model, teaching AI to fly it properly is done and we need to check it before releasing the plane to BoM owners in version 1.105.

Another plane we plan to release before the end of this year is MiG-3 ser. 24. Take a look at these MiG-3 WIP screenshots and a short video about Bf-110 E-2:

_MiG3_1.jpg_MiG3_2.jpg_MiG3_3.jpg

Full news
You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here
You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 19

FANTASTIC!!!

I'm getting a MiG for X-mas :dance:

Everything looks bloody gorgeous.

Good to see that things are really picking up speed :good:

The Bf 110 is going to be a helluvalot of fun too :)

• Upvote 1

If I might be allowed to nitpick just a bit:

The MiG model is great, but the spinner really needs to be more pointy and the exhaust stacks bigger.

Otherwise it looks superb.

Thank Han, great update. Mig-3 is an amzing machine but i can't wait for the 110, a MUST for us poor Jabo players. Finally we'll have the Zerstörer!

Great news for WoL games as well.

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro
  • Upvote 1

If I might be allowed to nitpick just a bit:

The MiG model is great, but the spinner really needs to be more pointy and the exhaust stacks bigger.

Otherwise it looks superb.

The exhaust pipes are 50mm inside diameter according to manuals and Han says that's how they are modelled so I have no idea why they should look so small. I agree with the spinner tip looking too blunt as well.

Other than that it's the best MiG-3 in a game so far.

Thanks !

I noticed two nice details on the Bf 110 : VDM logo on propeller blades and closed canopy for radio-gunner.

Edited : and the DF antenna rotates !!

Edited by Pierre64

This is awesome. I just know I'm going to hate that Bf110.

The exhaust pipes are 50mm inside diameter according to manuals and Han says that's how they are modelled so I have no idea why they should look so small. I agree with the spinner tip looking too blunt as well.

Other than that it's the best MiG-3 in a game so far.

No question. Even with those slight flaws (if they're even flaws?) the model is beyond beautiful.

Besides: It might look different once we get it in full 3D in the game. I always thought the WIP shots of the P-40 for BoM looked a bit "off" in it's proportions, but once we got it in the game it was clearly the most accurate external model of a P-40 I've seen in a sim.

Thx for your hard work on this sim! :salute: :salute:

Awesome! Seems like we will get the 110 pretty soon :)

How does the gunner work in the 110? Can he open the back window to get better visibility and bigger fire arc? 

Edited by McKvack

can't wait to blow up some trains and ships with the 110 and blow some Pe-2s out of the sky  :) 

and i have to admint, even though i don't usually like the aesthetics of Russian planes all that often. The MiG looks quite beautiful 

The 110 looks great.  I suspect it will be a total deathtrap but it sure looks pretty.

Totally awesome, I wasn't expecting such news so soon. Great work, thanks.

cheers.

The 110 looks like a carbon copy of the one in Cliffs of Dover, which means it looks really good. I guess the devs used the old files when modelling and that's fine.

Something weird going on under the bridge in the screenie but the MiG looks fantastic.

• Upvote 1

Very nice update. Both planes look gorgeous.

Am very curious on how the MIG performs in diffrent heights.

Very nice film of the 110.

I am looking forward to see how the reloading of the 20mm will work. Unfortunately we did not see some pics of the radio operators compatment yet, it must be looking very interesting.

my pants just got tighter!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gona have to cheat on my pe-2 now

I think the 110 will really level the playing field online in terms of ground attack.

How long does it normally take to get a plane out of beta? I cant wait, I have been looking forward to this more that the summer map...

Edited by [TBC]AeroACE

The 110 looks like a carbon copy of the one in Cliffs of Dover, which means it looks really good. I guess the devs used the old files when modelling and that's fine.

Something weird going on under the bridge in the screenie but the MiG looks fantastic.

lol I see it, it's camouflage lol

Almost enough to make you feel sorry for the haters who quit this game six months ago and refuse to even look at it now....nah!

Edited by SYN_Mike77
  • Upvote 1

S! Thank you for the update looks great. Well done.

Honestly, I don't think they copied anything. Both are just very accurate high-polygon models, so naturally they'll look similar.

• Upvote 7

my pants just got tighter!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gona have to cheat on my pe-2 now

Noooooooooooo-wha!!  WTF.......aaaaaaaaargh..sheeeeeze....