Sign in to follow this  
DD_APHill

DServer troubles

Hi,

I have been away from BOS for about a year. I used to be able to run DServer and host. Ii was up and running well then. I have been able to get it to create a server but for some reason I cant get it to load a mission.

Could someone help me out?

here are a couple of screen shots

Thank you

AP

post-1035-0-69743800-1446357331_thumb.jpg

post-1035-0-64002700-1446357349_thumb.jpg

Your ip may have changed so you need to check it and make sure the .sds file is using the same as your router.

Also make sure the port forwarding is set in the router.

First screenshot: Probably you've changed sds file manually, because mission filename specified there includes Multuplayer/Dogfight. It shouldn't.

Second: check IP in SDS as suggested by Jacko.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I did make a change in the sds file. I was concerned that maybe the wrong path was the problem.

Will check the other stuff again.

Funny thing is I used to host with no problem a year or so ago. I was thinking maybe the update changed something.

Here is a couple of questions for you: The mission should be a "deathmatch" located in the multiplayer /dogfight folder correct?

Also my DServer exe is located in my E:\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game folder , is that OK?

Thanks again for the help

Thanks for the replies guys.

I did make a change in the sds file. I was concerned that maybe the wrong path was the problem.

Will check the other stuff again.

Funny thing is I used to host with no problem a year or so ago. I was thinking maybe the update changed something.

Here is a couple of questions for you: The mission should be a "deathmatch" located in the multiplayer /dogfight folder correct?

Also my DServer exe is located in my E:\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game folder , is that OK?

Thanks again for the help

I believe the answer to your questions are yes and yes.

Hello,

Haven't played IL-2 for years and years.. Glad it is back, this is amazing! I'm a newb to the new IL-2... So please forgive my basic question:

I want to host a game for so a buddy and I can fly some mission. Can I do this without going to another person's server, or can I just open a game and have my buddy join?

Thanks for your time.

@Reagan:

You can't host with the game alone, you must use the dedicated server ("DServer.exe" in the "bin" folder of the game). And to host, you need a separate account, because you cannot log in to the game if the DServer is using your account. You can request a hosting account from 1C, but I don't remember how that was done (maybe someone else who remembers can pitch in?).

After you get your hosting account, use it with the DServer to host missions. You need to have the proper ports (28000 and 28100 IIRC) open in your firewall. Remember to check the "external" option in the dserver so the game shows in the outside world, not only on your computer :)