Sim

il2mg - Mission Generator

Hi!

I like that aiffields are populated. So far i have played few missions and they are working flawlesly.

Good work!

Sorry about that, but this generator only covers Battle of Stalingrad and no Fw 190 equipped units were involved during this battle and time period.

Sim - Actually, according my my records there was a detachment from 2./JG 52 present at the battle that flew Fw 190A-3s led by myself in a past life that I would like to recreate.  :salute:  

Edited by JG7_X_Man

No historical source for this: The JG52 was never equipped with FW190 during the war, and the FW190 was never used on the Stalingrad front

MarcoPegase44 - I was joking earlier (...I wasn't sure your figured that out), However, what I am serious about is you and all other campaign generator designers that have all good intention but to be honest, when you hard code every little detail - like what aircraft I can have in my campaign, it really reduces the number of people that will use it plus it come off as elites. As the application is free - why should I care? Well - you should care because the more people will really and truly appreciate your work.

You don't need to control how your product is going to be used out side of the regular copyright stuff - seriously!

Example - Look at Paul Lowengrin's DCG Campaign Generator for IL-2 1946, that program is still being used today since it was introduced to us in 2003.

Hello. First of all, I want to thank you for your excellent job ;) . I want to ask if you intend to include other maps of Moscow and Kuban in the future too? Thank you Buffin

Edited by Buffo002

Thank you for the latest release.  Tried out a fighter sweep mission and did not encounter any bad guys.  Tried the same mission again and there was a single AI engagement away from my flight, but I was not able to find any enemy despite flying CAP all over the designated patrol area.  I looked at the mission in the editor and there are a ton of AI aircraft, but I am not sure what is required to the trigger them to spawn out?  Also, missed all of the preset buildings in Stalingrad and surrounding villages.  Is that because of the custom airfields?  Will continue to test more in the coming days... :salute:

MarcoPegase44 - I was joking earlier (...I wasn't sure your figured that out), However, what I am serious about is you and all other campaign generator designers that have all good intention but to be honest, when you hard code every little detail - like what aircraft I can have in my campaign, it really reduces the number of people that will use it plus it come off as elites. As the application is free - why should I care? Well - you should care because the more people will really and truly appreciate your work.

You don't need to control how your product is going to be used out side of the regular copyright stuff - seriously!

Example - Look at Paul Lowengrin's DCG Campaign Generator for IL-2 1946, that program is still being used today since it was introduced to us in 2003.

Including the FW190 wouldnt hurt anyone. This is still a sim/game with the main purpose of fun and engagement, not dry lecture, especially since the generated missions arent 100% historical correct either.

So please Sim, to make this fantastic tool fun for all of the IL2 family, dont restrict the planes on 100% historical correctness alone.

Tried this for the first time. When trying to run it I get an error as windows defender refuses to let it run. I am using Win10

Looks promising!

I tried the latest version (r11) with IL-2 2.012, on a first mission with a Bf-109 G-2,

The mission launched correctly, but

- it planned our flight to take-off downwind at 8 kts (not a big deal but strange), same for the landing,

- the leader didn't wait and even at 590 km/h he was still getting farther and farther ahead, way past 5 km, only slowed down at altitude (2400 m), this is strange since the speed was supposed to be 430 km/h. In any case, it would be impossible to catch up

- after a fight, the same happened, the leader resumed his route at more than 600 km/h, I almost emptied my tank trying to catch up

- we finally landed safely but the mission was considered as a failure (I shot down two enemy planes, nobody in our flight was even fired upon, we went back safely, so I don't get it).

After quitting IL-2, the launcher doesn't seem aware the mission had finished, all I can do is remove this mission or launch it again. I suppose it generates the mission but doesn't collect the result yet?

Edited by Redglyph

On 2/26/2018 at 10:33 PM, TP_Jacko said:

Tried this for the first time. When trying to run it I get an error as windows defender refuses to let it run. I am using Win10

I convinced windows defender this was a safe .exe to run.

Now tried it and its a nice  tool. It looks like the squadrons available are depending on your date and other selections  which then allows the mission to be created.

I imagine a lot of research went into this tool. 

Nice Job

Are tank missions planned as a feature of il2mg?

I would like to have randomly generated tank missions!

This is a great utility. Am surprised it is not getting more attention.  Pulling out of the airfield is great realism.

Am curious thou, are the mission files that get created available?  Would like to be able to convert some of the mission to a MP format.

• Upvote 1

Does it for work Steam BoS ? For some reason I reach description of mission (briefing) - but when I press START it simply wont launch ???

Anybody ??

I cannot get the program to launch the mission file. When I hit "launch" (after selecting my installation folder) the program launches with the sign in screen. My installation is a combined BOS and BOM with the installation folder as " "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow". Could the lack of the word "Stalingrad" in the path be the problem? Are the mission files saved anywhere?

Thanks for any help.

Good evening..
Excuse my english..but I ask myself a question: when I save the mission .. in the folder "MISSIONS" .. I have a file in MSNBIN extension but no file MISSION ?? .
and when I launch the game and the mission in question .. return to the breifing menu ..! the mission does not load .. The problem may come from this?

Hello , does this generator still works? When i hit Launch it just starts my game in menu and in missions section i dont have any generated mission, what im doing wrong?

On 7/4/2018 at 9:48 AM, Juliu5 said:

Hello , does this generator still works? When i hit Launch it just starts my game in menu and in missions section i dont have any generated mission, what im doing wrong?

It does not, as it has not been updated to work with 3.0 game version. I will remove download links and update original post to reflect this.

I'm still quite new with the BoX series,and this generator looks really good.

Will you be updating it to work with the current updates Sim?

Many thanks 

yes .. it's a pity that there is no update for this mission generator .. with the current version ... I am new with BOS and BOM and no one to continue development ???

• Upvote 1

New update - r12 (see first post for download link)
  • Updated compatibility with latest 3.005c game version.
  • Added Yak-7B ser.36 aircraft.
  • Changed map symbols to use default flight route lines (showing distance/direction etc).
  • Updated all block durability values to match latest game version changes.
  • Fixed: AI aircraft were maneuvering in combat but would not fire any weapons.
  • Fixed: Player flights from offmap airfields were not started correctly.
  • Other minor changes and tweaks.

---

Here is an update to make this generator compatible with the latest game version.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sim said:
New update - r12 (see first post for download link)
  • Updated compatibility with latest 3.005c game version.
  • Added Yak-7B ser.36 aircraft.
  • Changed map symbols to use default flight route lines (showing distance/direction etc).
  • Updated all block durability values to match latest game version changes.
  • Fixed: AI aircraft were maneuvering in combat but would not fire any weapons.
  • Fixed: Player flights from offmap airfields were not started correctly.

---

Here is an update to make this generator compatible with the latest game version.

Thank you!!!

I tried il2mg yesterday, but for some reason i get constant little stutter when running these missions.

Although fps counter shows 90fps, the actual game looks and feels like 30fps.

Doing a quick mission for comparrison, solid 90fps and buttery smooth.

Performane is the worse near "populated" airfields. At a distance its getting better but is still apparend.

Anyone expierencing this problem?

1 minute ago, ironk79 said:

I tried il2mg yesterday, but for some reason i get constant little stutter when running these missions.

Although fps counter shows 90fps, the actual game looks and feels like 30fps.

Doing a quick mission for comparrison, solid 90fps and buttery smooth.

Performane is the worse near "populated" airfields. At a distance its getting better but is still apparend.

Anyone expierencing this problem?

Hi - yes, I am aware of performance issues at the moment (it has to do with a lot of deactivated AI flight entities in the mission - that do consume CPU resources even tho they are deactivated) - which slows down game simulation, but leaves graphical FPS intact. Will probably fix it at some point with some sort of workaround.. at the moment you might need a beefy cpu to run this (I am testing and developing with 4770k overclocked to 4.3 ghz - which works ok for me)

Thanks for your answer. CPU wise i think i am ok at the moment ("my precious" 8086k 💪 ), i was just puzzled since fps and "actual" framerate didnt really match.

But great to hear you are aware of the problem and you plan on fixing it . Fantastic tool btw 👌

New update - r13 (see first post for download link)
  • Added Gumrak airfield.
  • Fixed: Some vehicle models were not loaded correctly on airfields.
  • Fixed: Creating multiple missions in a row resulted in incorrect parking starts on airfields.
  • Thanks 2

Thanks ..Sim ... for the update and the time spent for this mission generator!

Edited by Serdalf

Hi. Downloaded this today, and it doesn't even launch. 
After first executing it, Windows asked me to install it (because it isn't from the MS Store), I agreed and then nothing happened. 
Checking the Task Manager, it just stays there with 0% CPU and 21.5MB RAM. 
Using a command prompt and calling il2mg.exe --help simply returns to prompt without any messages. 

Running as Admin doesn't help.

Any hints? Win 10 x64 1803

Thanks

Edited by jokerBR

12 hours ago, jokerBR said:

Hi. Downloaded this today, and it doesn't even launch. 
After first executing it, Windows asked me to install it (because it isn't from the MS Store), I agreed and then nothing happened. 
Checking the Task Manager, it just stays there with 0% CPU and 21.5MB RAM. 

Don't know... it should not ask you to install anything. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

9 hours ago, =CHINA=Bosscorpio said:

very love it ,but i cannot download it. can you tell me the another URL? THX A LOT.

Try right clicking the link and then Open In A New Window.  That brought up the Windows open/download message at the bottom of the screen and I was able to download.

• Thanks 1

Does this work with the non-Steam version of BoS?

There's something that this tool is trying to do right after being called that in my case isn't working (but isn't enough to crash it either).

After being called, it doesn't present any interface and just stays at 0% CPU, using 21,5 MB RAM. I can start several instances, all of them frozen like the first one. My AV says it's ok, no virus or malware.No messages on Event Log. Nada. Cannot debug.

Moved the .exe to different folders, to no avail. I'll give up and just wait to see if on a future (maybe?) version it can run on my PC.

Cheers.

I could have sworn I downloaded this last week and installed it and ran into some Steam load problems, but tonight Windows Defender is blocking the download because it says it has a virus.  The reported problem is: Trojan:Script/Foretype.A!ml

Edited by Muff_Huggar

Hello
Just a quick question .. is the project abandoned or still relevant?
Maybe a new version in preparation for 2019 .. I think this mission generator works well ... only problem .. is that missions take time to load ...