Sorry for the delay, I know I promised the new version to be released in November, but I hit some performance issues while implementing AI flights. I am still working on various tweaks and improvements to make the AI flights really stand out and work as designed in the end - and I think I am quite close to a release, but can't give any dates right now.
Still, would love to show you something interesting - here is a debug view of a mission early in the battle:
- You can see your own flight with the black dotted line.
- All the other red/blue lines represent AI flights in progress at various states (some of them are on final approach for landing).
- Note that I use a similar concept as PWCG - AI flights are not active in the game all the time but are simulated using virtual flight routes. There are points in the route where you can intercept and activate the flight (this works the other way around too - AI flights can come to you while you are still on the airfield for example.).
- Fuel usage is simulated for AI flights at each virtual point.
- There is no fixed activity zone in or around the player - the entire map is the battlefield.
- Offmap airfields work with AI flights as well - you can see Germans using a number of offmap airfields on the left.
I also intend to fully open source the project under MIT license with the next update.