164 replies to this topic

#81 74_jim_nihilist

74_jim_nihilist

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:12

Heads up for your great work. :)

#82 alpenspion

alpenspion

Posted 26 May 2016 - 13:37

What a really great tool! Good work! Do you plan to ad Italian Squadrons too?

#83 D.B.Cooper

D.B.Cooper
  • Founder

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:55

This is the best tool yet! Thank you very much!

#84 hsthhsth

hsthhsth

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:02

Hi,

Would it be possible to download this tool without the need for a Google account? Maybe on some public site?

Thanks in advance.

#85 Sim

Sim
  • Founder

Posted 30 May 2016 - 16:08

Would it be possible to download this tool without the need for a Google account? Maybe on some public site?

My bad, haven't realized Google Account was required.. updated download link.

What a really great tool! Good work! Do you plan to ad Italian Squadrons too?

Thanks! Italians - yes at some point. Although for the best effect we would need MC.200 and not MC.202.. as they did operate those from Oblivskaya airfield.

#86 hsthhsth

hsthhsth

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:12

^Thank you very much, download succeeded. :)

#87 GridiroN

GridiroN
  • Founder

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:01

This doesn't work for me.

When I hit launch, my IL2 just runs and asks me to sign in, then takes me to the main menu, as per normal. 

KCqwhHz.jpg

#88 Sim

Sim
  • Founder

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:49

When I hit launch, my IL2 just runs and asks me to sign in, then takes me to the main menu, as per normal. 

Hey GridiroN,

Are you using Steam version of the game? And is the game installed on a SSD or a slower HDD disk? I think I found an issue and fixed it for the next version already, but more details would help me figure it out what went wrong (as I am not able to reproduce this on my setup).

Also, try launching, then quitting and then launching the same mission again and see if that works?

#89 KpaxBos

KpaxBos
  • Founder

Posted 07 June 2016 - 15:12

Hello,

Since last update the problem of having to launch twice the mission to have an automatic start (see former post).

This happens  :

first launch : no automatic start (just login in game).

second launch : automatic start

third launch : no automatic start

fourth launch : automatic start

etc...

To solve this problem, I played with the settings (normal,custom, etc...).

In game settings are on 'custom'.

Il ilmg, the settings were on 'custom' also. I changed from custom to normal : problem still there (two launch ot get an automatic start).

Then in ilmg, I change settings from 'normal' to 'custom' (as in game) then problem disappeared, Launch starts correctly (automatic) the mission.

The only modification is EDFX (reshade for sweet fx). I have not tried to remove it before testing.

I have ilmg-r6.

Have fun

#90 GridiroN

GridiroN
  • Founder

Posted 11 June 2016 - 18:36

Hey GridiroN,

Are you using Steam version of the game? And is the game installed on a SSD or a slower HDD disk? I think I found an issue and fixed it for the next version already, but more details would help me figure it out what went wrong (as I am not able to reproduce this on my setup).

Also, try launching, then quitting and then launching the same mission again and see if that works?

It's installed to an SSD

It's the steam version of the game, not standalone

Launching and quitting and launching again seems to have no effect.
KCqwhHz.jpg

#91 Sim

Sim
  • Founder

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:24

It's the steam version of the game, not standalone

I think this might be the problem. Don't have a steam version myself - but will try to investigate. Could you do one more test for me? Could you right click on "il2mg.exe" and choose "Run as administrator" option? Then try launching a mission again.

Thanks for your help!

#92 Picchio

Picchio
  • Founder

Posted 19 June 2016 - 15:39

Working perfectly here with Steam and W10.

And again, awesome work on recreating airfields.

Can't wait to see final missions populated with aircraft and other units. Couple of question: do you plan to allow the player to choose which position to occupy in a formation? And perhaps a rank system?

Edited by Picchio, 19 June 2016 - 15:41.

"Quand un seul chien se met à aboyer à une ombre, dix mille chiens en font une réalité."

#93 Sim

Sim
  • Founder

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:13

New update - r7 (see first post for download link)
  • Added Beketovka airfield.
  • Added Frolov airfield.
  • Unlocked some more new units.
  • Improved flight altitude selection:
    • Base altitude levels are now defined by mission type (task).
    • Some aircraft now have altitude preference (Il-2 - lower, MiG-3 - higher, etc).
    • Flights will avoid significant cloud layers when choosing altitude.
    • Improved altitude selection for egress (return to home airfield) route.
  • GUI: Improved mission auto-launching feature.
  • GUI: Generated missions now work with all interface languages.
  • GUI: Generated missions can now be saved (with "Save As..." right click menu).
  • Briefings now include flight route altitude and speed (when player is not a leader).
  • Updated briefings to use the new map grid reference system.
  • Fixed a rare issue where AI aircraft would fail to start engines.
  • Other minor changes and tweaks.

---

Development is a bit slow during the summer and I will be leaving for short vacation soon. I have packed up what I have ready right now - which is basically more of the same. Just a heads up that I am working on some new exciting stuff behind the scenes - new mission types and AI flights!

There were also some reports with the GUI auto-launching mission feature not working reliably. I have attempted to fix this, although I am not entirely sure if that will cover all the cases... so if you still have those issues - please write me a PM, I would like to solve that. Also, as a workaround - you can now right click on the mission and use "Save As" feature to manually move mission files to Il-2 missions folder - this way you can launch manually from within the game menu.

#94 Sim

Sim
  • Founder

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:30

do you plan to allow the player to choose which position to occupy in a formation?

Yes, it's somewhere on my todo list. I was mostly thinking about a couple of options:

player is a flight leader (first plane)

player is an element leader (first plane of the first/second/etc element)

player is wingman (any wingman position)

player is last in formation

And perhaps a rank system?

There is a way to use a custom pilot with your desired rank in the command-line interface already. But for GUI I am thinking of some way to allow creating a list of custom pilots (per country) - and then they will be used for generated missions.

Edited by Sim, 10 July 2016 - 11:47.

#95 Yogiflight

Yogiflight

Posted 10 July 2016 - 13:13

Hi Sim, I just tried to download your newest update, but only get a message of Google URL Shortener, that they disabled this goo.gl shortlink, because it violates their Terms of Service.

#96 Sim

Sim
  • Founder

Posted 10 July 2016 - 16:39

Hi Sim, I just tried to download your newest update, but only get a message of Google URL Shortener, that they disabled this goo.gl shortlink, because it violates their Terms of Service.

Updated download link, sorry about that.

#97 Simbo

Simbo
  • Founder

Posted 10 July 2016 - 16:39

Yep ,unable to download unfortunately.

Simbo.

#98 Yogiflight

Yogiflight

Posted 10 July 2016 - 17:36

Thanks, Sim it works now. I noticed you created "Fighter sweep" missions for the 110, I will try it later, flying in the "Wespe"- Geschwader. I think this is going to be a great tool. But, of course, don`t forget to enjoy the summer.

#99 Yogiflight

Yogiflight

Posted 10 July 2016 - 23:28

Hi Sim, I was just flying a Fighter sweep mission with the 110 and I absolutely like the atmosphere on the airfields. But there are two things I alredy noticed, when flying with a 109G2, I would like to mention. I was flying as a wingman and I noticed, that the time for the startup, until the flightleader starts taxiing to the runway and the time after he reached the runway until he starts for takeoff are quite short. It is more like a scramble takeoff than a routine start.

The second thing is the climb speed of the flightleader. I was not able to follow him. I almost lost the contact during the climb and needed about fifteen minutes until I was able to close the gap. When I fly as a flightleader, I never climb with climb power, but with normal power, so my flight is able to catchup.

Maybe you can try it, so you see, whether you agree.

Go on with your great work.

#100 Sim

Sim
  • Founder

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:13

Hi Yogi,

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, both mentioned issues are AI related - and I can't fix those as a mission designer.

I was flying as a wingman and I noticed, that the time for the startup, until the flightleader starts taxiing to the runway and the time after he reached the runway until he starts for takeoff are quite short. It is more like a scramble takeoff than a routine start.

I think AI won't start taxiing until you start your engine. So there is no rush to start your engine. Also, you should get a small hint in which direction to taxi to in the briefing ("to your left") and once AI starts taxiing - make note of your position and follow the leader or wingman that is before you in the position. No one should get in the way before you. It takes some time to understand all the peculiarities of AI taxiing, but once you know how it works - its possible to taxi out without too much stress :)

In the meantime - you can also use autopilot to taxi you out, and disable this on the runway. Also, I will be adding a runway start option in the GUI at some point in the future.

The second thing is the climb speed of the flightleader. I was not able to follow him. I almost lost the contact during the climb and needed about fifteen minutes until I was able to close the gap.

I would say this is a bug and should be addressed by the developers (e.g. AI should not climb at maximum climb power when not in combat). I have reported this. If the official campaign will ever get taxiing or "fly as a wingman" support - they will need to tackle those issues.

Edited by Sim, 11 July 2016 - 06:26.

#101 Yogiflight

Yogiflight

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:03

Hi Sim, thanks for the answer. I just thought, you might have the possibility, to set times for the starting sequence, like it is in PWCG, where the AI start 30 seconds after the mission began, by default, but the player is able to change this in the advanced config.

Especially the start on the runway is quite short, as soon as I was on my position besides the leader, he gave full throttle.

Edited by Yogiflight, 11 July 2016 - 09:06.

#102 Blitzen

Blitzen
  • Founder

Posted 12 July 2016 - 16:13

Am I correct in understanding that these missions are still non combat & primarily used to check out various airfields on the maps or has something changed with newest version? :rolleyes:

#103 motoadve

motoadve

Posted 13 July 2016 - 14:13

When I create a mission I select my B:/ IL2 folder  and get a message that says its not a valid IL2 Sturmovik folder .

Then also tried IL2 BOM folder and nothing happens.

Should I direct to which folder?

#104 imthecrabby

imthecrabby
  • Founder

Posted 13 July 2016 - 15:58

Hi I really want to use this tool but I have come across a problem. This problem is where I click on launch and nothing opens up, the first time I clicked the launch butten it open up the folder and I pointed the launcher towarder the game folder. I can now make the launcher do nothing, help please haha

#105 Sim

Sim
  • Founder

Posted 31 July 2016 - 19:15

Sorry for the late replies, summer and holidays got in the way,

Am I correct in understanding that these missions are still non combat & primarily used to check out various airfields on the maps or has something changed with newest version? :rolleyes:

Yes, this is still a non combat mission generator. I am planning on adding AI flights at some point - the thing is, that the AI will use the same missions and logic the player uses. So we need to develop a bit of mission diversity for AI flights right now.

When I create a mission I select my B:/ IL2 folder  and get a message that says its not a valid IL2 Sturmovik folder .

Then also tried IL2 BOM folder and nothing happens.

Should I direct to which folder?

You should select a folder that includes "bin", "data" and "updates" folders - hence the main IL-2 BOS/BOM folder. If you are still getting this message - please PM, I will need more details on why it's not working for you.

Note that you can always hold CTRL key and left mouse click on "Launch" button - this will let you change IL-2 folder even after you have made the initial choice.

Hi Sim, thanks for the answer. I just thought, you might have the possibility, to set times for the starting sequence, like it is in PWCG, where the AI start 30 seconds after the mission began, by default, but the player is able to change this in the advanced config.

Especially the start on the runway is quite short, as soon as I was on my position besides the leader, he gave full throttle.

I have increased a bit the time when AI starts their mission after taking off (in the next version). However, since right now you start from taxi/parking position - I can't control the time delay when you taxi into runway position and the leader would start to take off. This is only possible with runway starts (not from parking/taxi starts as right now).

Hi I really want to use this tool but I have come across a problem. This problem is where I click on launch and nothing opens up, the first time I clicked the launch butten it open up the folder and I pointed the launcher towarder the game folder. I can now make the launcher do nothing, help please haha

Argh. I really though I have fixed all the launch issues :unsure:  To be honest I have no idea what could be the problem, could you tell me more about your IL-2 install? Maybe the location where your game is installed?

Note that there is now a workaround when you have issue launching the mission automatically - right click on the mission in the list and choose "Save As". Navigate to "data\Missions\" folder inside your IL-2 install directory and save the mission. Now run the game manually and go to your missions menu and launch the mission you just saved!

#106 Azdack

Azdack
  • Founder

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:25

Thanks for that soft. QuestioN : is it possible to play with expert Mode? Thanks for answer.

#107 Sim

Sim
  • Founder

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:30

Thanks for that soft. QuestioN : is it possible to play with expert Mode? Thanks for answer.

Yes, right click on the "Launch" button with your mouse - a new menu will appear where you can choose difficulty preset.

#108 HotPursuit

HotPursuit
  • Founder

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:30

I have this trouble too. The app points to the correct folder on a standard install. I have to save the missions manually.  :(

Edit:

Got it working now thanks to Sim.  :)     

My fault, I wasn't running il2mg.exe as administrator.

Edited by HotPursuit, 04 August 2016 - 05:34.

#109 Azdack

Azdack
  • Founder

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:10

Thanks for your answer Sim. Works fine. On launch By clicking right on the mouse I can select the difficulty.

Then the game opens the mission straight away in the quick mission part of the game.

Question : among the task to choose in il2mg : cover airfield/free flight/patro area/fighter sweep, which one is the best to select to have the opportunity to meet any ennemy in the air or on the ground? Following which way points?

Thanks for answers.

#110 Sim

Sim
  • Founder

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:14

Question : among the task to choose in il2mg : cover airfield/free flight/patro area/fighter sweep, which one is the best to select to have the opportunity to meet any ennemy in the air or on the ground? Following which way points?

Hi Azdack - right now there are no AI flights yet, so use this generator only if you want a free flight over an airfield or maybe practice a formation flight with your wingmen. AI flights are currently in development.

#111 Azdack

Azdack
  • Founder

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:53

Thanks for the answer Sim. Your soft is fine and i'm looking forward to have the opportunity to have AI flights. Good work.

#112 JG_Meyer

JG_Meyer
  • Founder

Posted 08 August 2016 - 22:50

Hi Sim

Are you planning to do the same amazing job with the Moscow map?

Thanks!

#113 Sim

Sim
  • Founder

Posted 06 October 2016 - 19:30

I am adding a new mission type in the next version - the good old transfer airfield mission  :)

The interesting thing about those rebase missions is that they happen dynamically. Units change airbases on a predefined and historically researched dates - and during those dates they will be flying transfer airfield missions to their new destination.

I have also implemented offmap airfield support. What this means in practice is that you can now fly from and to offmap airfields! Sounds crazy? I suppose some pictures should explain this concept - here is an example of three transfer airfield missions with quite a different structure:

Attached File  rebase1.jpg   208.42KB   0 downloads Attached File  rebase2.jpg   231.76KB   0 downloads Attached File  rebase3.jpg   255.25KB   0 downloads

1. First screenshot shows your typical transfer mission where you have to fly from A to B point.
  2. Second screenshot shows a rebase mission where you need to fly to an offmap airfield! Technically all you need to do is reach the marked area near the map border - this will finish your mission.
  3. And the third one is the best one - you arrive from an offmap airfield! With this mission type you start at the edge of the map with your fuel used up based on the virtual distance you have traveled already.

This was a very important feature to get right and I am very happy how it turned out. This mission generator has a very strong focus on historical accuracy and having offmap airfields means that we can now add Italians (flying their MC.202s from Voroshilovgrad), model bomber missions more realistically (as most Soviet bomber airfields are outside the current Stalingrad map area) - and make the map active with AI flights even during the late phase of the battle (as Germans did not have an operational airfield during the last two weeks of the battle for example - and yet they will be able to fly missions from offmap airfields now).

Edited by Sim, 08 October 2016 - 09:46.

#114 74_jim_nihilist

74_jim_nihilist

Posted 06 October 2016 - 19:49

Simply amazing!

#115 Toxin1

Toxin1
  • Founder

Posted 06 October 2016 - 20:40

Great progress as usual Sim. Really looking forward to the next version! :salute:

#116 papaflo

papaflo
  • Founder

Posted 06 October 2016 - 20:56

Thank you!

:salute:

Flo

intel i7 7700k@4,5Ghz, be-Quiet dark rock pro 3, GSkill Aegis 16 GB DDR4 Ram@2800Mhz, GigaByte GA-Z270-Gaming K3, Gainward GTX 1080 phoenix glh, TM Warthog throttle and stick (with 10cm extension by Sahaj), TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals, Saitek yoke, Saitek throttle quadrant x 2, Saitek trimm wheel, Gametrix KW 908 Jetseat, TrackIR 5

#117 Sim

Sim
  • Founder

Posted 22 October 2016 - 19:18

New update - r8 (see first post for download link)
  • Added new mission type - transfer airfield.
  • Added Tatsinskaya airfield.
  • Added Zaplavnoe airfield.
  • Implemented offmap airfields and flight routes.
  • GUI: Added an option to choose from parking, runway or air start.
  • Improved flight air start pose (position and orientation based on formation).
  • Fuel usage is now simulated for offmap and other flight states.
  • Long flight route segments are now split into smaller ones.
  • Clouds are now created with variable altitude and thickness.
  • Fixed binary mission file compatibility with 2.004 patch.
  • Other minor changes and tweaks.

---

This version adds compatibility with the latest game patch (2.004). Note that missions generated with the old version will no longer work due to changes introduced in .msnbin file format.

There are two new airfields, some more units, new mission type and support for offmap airfields/flights. Also you can now select starting position as indicated in this screenshot:

D1jIf3C.jpg

Note that there are still no AI flights - only a single (your own) flight is active in the mission. AI flights are still work in progress  :ph34r:

#118 papaflo

papaflo
  • Founder

Posted 22 October 2016 - 19:37

Thank you very much!

Such a great Tool!

:salute:

Flo

intel i7 7700k@4,5Ghz, be-Quiet dark rock pro 3, GSkill Aegis 16 GB DDR4 Ram@2800Mhz, GigaByte GA-Z270-Gaming K3, Gainward GTX 1080 phoenix glh, TM Warthog throttle and stick (with 10cm extension by Sahaj), TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals, Saitek yoke, Saitek throttle quadrant x 2, Saitek trimm wheel, Gametrix KW 908 Jetseat, TrackIR 5

#119 Yogiflight

Yogiflight

Posted 22 October 2016 - 23:37

Hi Sim, thanks for your work. It is really hard to wait, until we get enemy flights, to use this great tool, as it is meant to be used.

BTW, is it possible, that we will get a desktop symbol in future? Or did I miss this?

#120 Sim

Sim
  • Founder

Posted 23 October 2016 - 15:58

BTW, is it possible, that we will get a desktop symbol in future? Or did I miss this?

Hey Yogi! Do you mean like a desktop shortcut? You can create your own by right clicking on il2mg.exe and then (while holding right mouse button) dragging it to your desktop. A new menu will pop up - and one of the options will be "Create shortcuts here". Use that and rename the new shortcut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users