Jason_Williams

Bf-109 E7 Skins

Hi Guys, And Girls...oops sorry. I've been looking at and drooling over all these new skins, and was wondering if someone can put up some instructions for complete "numpty's" on how to download them. This is all terribly embaressing, but i've had no luck so far and it's fustrating. Do I need "Mediawire"? And what is it? Please just assume That I'm flat out turning on a computer and go from there, I've tried to use Taleks downloader, and again , no good. I know there will be a lot of eye rolling and muttering, but please help an old bloke, thanks. :dash:

Ferg

You should just be able to download them by clicking on the link then and then using the download button on the site, most use media fire or dropbox as the site

Once you have them in your downloads folder on your computer drive you need to put the skins into the appropriate folder in the game

This little guide MAY (or may not) help I made it up ages ago

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wij26z5wetngss/Skin%20Selection%20BoS.ppsx?dl=0

Good Morning From Spain 

I present my First Skin For Bf109 Emil 7 - II. / JG77 March of 1940 "Rote 13" Pilot OFw Kurt "Kuddel" Ubben Westfront, is Finished!!

I wish you like it

Historical version only

post-3809-0-76674000-1447835406_thumb.jpg

post-3809-0-24741600-1447835429_thumb.jpg

Direct Download Mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ptx13e3b5aj7aea/II-JG+77+Rote+13+OFw+Kurt+Kuddel+Ubben.dds

Enjoy

Salute Lothar29 :salute:

• Upvote 6

Hi guys so many good skins to enjoy. Justs adds another dimension to this hobby. Is it perhaps possible somewhere in future to consider the Hans von Hahn Jg3 109e skin.

http://hsfeatures.com/bf109e4fp_1.htm

Its also the cover aircraft on "aircraft of the aces aces of Jg3". There is some much to say about Hahn aircraft schemes but dull is not one of those. Great variety.

I have not been able to find photos but all the models on the net has more or less the same theme and also based on his later aircraft there must be substance to this scheme.

Keep up the good work and many thanks.

Hello guys,

This skin is dedicated to an "Emil" (actually a Bf109E-4) of the 9/JG52, flown by Leopold "Bazi" Steinbatz in1941 in the Balkans :

151118-BF109E7-001.jpg

151118-BF109E7-002.jpg

151118-BF109E7-003.jpg

151118-BF109E7-004.jpg

151118-BF109E7-005.jpg

Available here.

Enjoy your flight.

Edited by UF_Zargos
  • Upvote 8

Hi Zargos, Looks really nice, but what color is the lighter one? Is it meant to be RLM 02? If so, it appears to be a tad too dark and grey to me.

...I downloaded a JG 2 Friedrich... :huh:

Ooop ! I've uploaded a wrong file. The problem is fixed now. Sorry for the trouble.

Is it meant to be RLM 02?

It is.

I've tried to be as close as possible of the "official" RLM color chart.

The render of the colours also depends on the light in the game. Those screen shots are made in late morning light (10h00 or so).

Nevertheless it is also possible that I didn't use to rigth colours.

Constructive advices are welcome !

;)

Edited by UF_Zargos

I use this for RLM colors:

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/encyclopaedia_romana/luftwaffe/colors.html

I use the color picker and try to estimate the "average" of the hue of a given RLM's samples. Usually the last 3 are the closest)  Then lightness and saturation is fine tuned so that it matches the general look of the game. I verify the relative lightness of colors by picking at colors of real photographs. The relative lightness of two colors under the same light will always remain the same. (more or less).

Hi Guys, And Girls...oops sorry. I've been looking at and drooling over all these new skins, and was wondering if someone can put up some instructions for complete "numpty's" on how to download them. This is all terribly embaressing, but i've had no luck so far and it's fustrating. Do I need "Mediawire"? And what is it? Please just assume That I'm flat out turning on a computer and go from there, I've tried to use Taleks downloader, and again , no good. I know there will be a lot of eye rolling and muttering, but please help an old bloke, thanks. :dash:

Ferg, when you want to download from Mediafire, be sure to right-click the big green rectangular download button and "save target as" or "save link as".  That way you will not get buggered about with ads.

Firstly as always very nice skins from Zargos.

Here's one of mine "Yellow 8" of JG-1 Oseau, again don't know much about the history of this one but I'm sure my friend Pierre will fill us all in. I hope you like it and can I just say although my skins are good they are not of such high quality as Zargos or Spektre's or indeed Iceman's skins so if you do find any faults with any of my skins please let me know and I will try to rectify the mistakes(within reason), thank you.

Rob.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/19zs6vd2djd1w8o/Bf109E7-_JG-1_Oseau.dds

P.S. Don't forget all my skins carry full historic markings.

post-12320-0-19996500-1447944174_thumb.jpg

post-12320-0-84672600-1447944183_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hi Zargos, Looks really nice, but what color is the lighter one? Is it meant to be RLM 02? If so, it appears to be a tad too dark and grey to me.

Yeah, though matte texture is very nice). I've downloaded.

Unhistorical but highly inspired by a famous Bf-109T...

Does it rise some interest?

looks good :)

Unhistorical but highly inspired by a famous Bf-109T...

Does it rise some interest?

Academy has made a model kit of that Bf-109 T that I'm hoping to get some time. Your skin is beautiful, downloading ASAP :salute:

For all you night fighter jockeys here is one for you,

Bf-109 E7 "G9-JV" night fighter version, now you will notice that the real version of this E7 night fighter has a small dome underneath the rear fuselage which I understand is the night radar equipment but I could be wrong. As for insignia I used custom made "White Crosses" for the wings which I believe were used but yet a standard cross on the side of the fuselage. The unit is Nachtjadgeshwader 7-LG/2 used on the Eastern front.

Hope you all like it as it's a bit different.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/i49xzcedcl9cev7/Bf109E7_G9-JV_NJG.dds

post-12320-0-54908800-1448017694_thumb.jpg

post-12320-0-79249300-1448017698_thumb.jpg

post-12320-0-93691300-1448017702_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 8

Beautiful skin Reflected, a great tribute to one of the finest fighter pilots who ever lived. Excellent.

Hi Rob. Took white 12 for a "spin" this afternoon very nice. Enjoyed when you said "another repaint I knocked out tonight"...classical 1 of the best statements in this forum ever, keep it up my friend.

I do like that Iceman

Very Dazzle like camo

Thank You

Hi friends.
  Today I would like to offer the skin, which is indeed a model version of the E-3. 

But I always really liked, and the pilot was pretty interesting person -Hptm.Dr Erich Mix. 

So I hope you like this one interesting camo will enjoy.

Mix.jpg?ver=0

ErichMix..jpg?ver=0

PS:Perhaps it will seem a shade light camo paint a little odd.  The draft refers to a shade RLM02, but other sources indicate the shade RLM63.  Therefore, I have my RLM02 slightly lightened, I think this might capture both the above colors.

EDIT: Full historical version aded(HK).

Download historical + non HK :https://www.mediafire.com/folder/mvi7xr5r96raj/Bf-109E-7_Dr.Erich_Mix

• Upvote 5

Great skins AussieBoomer and Iceman as usual superb quality work. I'm giving the E7 skins a rest for now in anticipation of doing some for the Bf-110E which is one of my favourite Luftwaffe aircraft.

Edited by viperrm64

Nice skins BP_Iceman,

I enjoy seeing these JG53 skins.... ;)

More JG53  skins are coming soon.

I just knew the Emil would be a high skin-go-getter! Thanks all you guys for your work on this bird!