Hello DavidRed. When you are able to establish the statistics of = FB = Vaal and = FB = Isay, it will be interesting.

So you shooting me down is not documented? Then you never did that, of course. :P

the disconnect happend after the player count doubled (and the server was completely full), because the WoL crashed. So i guess the server was practically ddos'd because people kept trying to join. (just my guess)

Just got disconnected from the server for apparently no reason, we were only two on it so this shouldn't be related to overloading (at least not this time  :P )

well than your connection is just too bad  ;)  :P

Hello DavidRed. When you are able to establish the statistics of = FB = Vaal and = FB = Isay, it will be interesting.

Hello Klever! Salute to you...we often met in the skies already! :salute:

about statistics...personally, i really love what Vaal and Isay made. such statistics give one a little more immersion i think...especially the "streak" thing is what i personally always wanted in other flight sim stats. i find that very interesting, and its fun to fly, trying to keep your virtual pilot alive as many sorties as possible...however we are still in internal discussions about the statistics, and whether to implement them on our server or not...judging from several posts in the "other server" thread, many people begin to act like children because of them, and for some the stats seem to be reason for really poor behaviour(teamkilling on purpose and so on)

once we decide to implement these statistics, then we still have the barrier of a website to publish them...(nobody of our group has any experience in creating websites)

....anyway, if we implement statistics, you will read the news here...but i hope that you enjoy your stay on our server even without them. cheers!

• Upvote 2

Hello Klever! Salute to you...we often met in the skies already! :salute:

about statistics...personally, i really love what Vaal and Isay made. such statistics give one a little more immersion i think...especially the "streak" thing is what i personally always wanted in other flight sim stats. i find that very interesting, and its fun to fly, trying to keep your virtual pilot alive as many sorties as possible...however we are still in internal discussions about the statistics, and whether to implement them on our server or not...judging from several posts in the "other server" thread, many people begin to act like children because of them, and for some the stats seem to be reason for really poor behaviour(teamkilling on purpose and so on)

once we decide to implement these statistics, then we still have the barrier of a website to publish them...(nobody of our group has any experience in creating websites)

....anyway, if we implement statistics, you will read the news here...but i hope that you enjoy your stay on our server even without them. cheers!

Good, we will wait, and then you decide, so let it be and good luck in the endeavor.

and than you have people disconnecting the server to stay alive like on the Wings of Liberty server. I personally think statistics hurt more in IL-2 than they help.

• Upvote 4

Yoo guys, whats up with the server? i cant find it in the server browser today :(

People are having issues with the ping limit and are being booted far too often :/

I tried to move people over from WoL during American prime time, people were definitely interested, but many kept getting booted.

Concerning statistics, looking at the sorties of the top 2 ranked in WoL, this is what statistics cause.. 

hc94egq.jpg?1

There should be the right statistics. Stats for your "Virtual Life" is awesome.

• Upvote 1

and than you have people disconnecting the server to stay alive like on the Wings of Liberty server. I personally think statistics hurt more in IL-2 than they help.

Seconded. To hell with stats...the only way implementing stats would be a good idea is if you absolutely had to land your kills and return your aircraft at the end of your sortie...at the airfield you took off from...if you die you couldn't report your uber ace-in-a-day gunnery skills so you get 0 points for that sortie. Haven't seen that sort of implementation yet, so it breeds a bunch of garbage gameplay habits.

• Upvote 3

Seconded. To hell with stats...the only way implementing stats would be a good idea is if you absolutely had to land your kills and return your aircraft at the end of your sortie...at the airfield you took off from...if you die you couldn't report your uber ace-in-a-day gunnery skills so you get 0 points for that sortie. Haven't seen that sort of implementation yet, so it breeds a bunch of garbage gameplay habits.

+2000

Edited by A0Super61
  • Upvote 1

well than your connection is just too bad  ;)  :P

I would have a tendency to think that the host computer in a remote dark german basement might be the culprit at this stage :tease:  :)

+1 Statistics are usually just promoting self-performance in detriment of teamplay. I don't think we need this at all.

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber
  • Upvote 1

Been said by others so far, but I'll add my support as well. Statistics do much more harm than good.

I like the stats system in a sense that you can go back and look at past sorties and how it creates an mp pilot career in a sense. I hate the competitive part, it would be cool if the pilot ranking part was disabled to make it less about individual competition. Not sure if you can pick and choose parts of Vaal's system, you probaly have to take the good with the bad. The stats on fighting legends may work because it's a different crowd who tend carry them selves differently than WOL. Plus there's no gps, so there's that extra level of realism added.

imho, statistics enable another level of the game that adds interest and immersion. it allows potential to make a gameplay session more than just a temporary, short-lived combat mission by adding recognition, reward and consequence that are 'lasting'. the stats are there (theoretically) to use, but are not necessary and can be ignored if so desired.

that said, the problem appears to be with cheating the system, which is a shame. now, it might be said that " a few bad apples spoil it for the whole bunch", but the real problem is that the possibility WILL be exploited if it is there. asking players to be 'honorable' does not work for ALL players and just puts those 'honorable' ones at a disadvantage in the stats/standings to those that cheat. the solution that will work is to disarm the cheat possibilities.

personally, i dont use the stats (i wouldnt be very high in them anyway). BUT, i HAVE felt a desire to experience more than just a server-session reason for playing at times, which means the results of missions would need to have a mechanism to live on. rewards would be nice, too, like in the campaigns.

edit: btw,,,disco's and friendly fire are some presently unreliable way to evaluate bad behavior, since the game itself will disconnect players regulary and at random, and friendly fire can be achieved in some very questionable circumstances (like a gunner being injured in a bomber or shooting at an enemy over your airbase)

Edited by Gump

I like the stats system in a sense that you can go back and look at past sorties and how it creates an mp pilot career in a sense. I hate the competitive part, it would be cool if the pilot ranking part was disabled to make it less about individual competition. Not sure if you can pick and choose parts of Vaal's system, you probaly have to take the good with the bad. The stats on fighting legends may work because it's a different crowd who tend carry them selves differently than WOL. Plus there's no gps, so there's that extra level of realism added.

step 1: take a piece of paper; step 2: take a pencil. congratulations. you have your mp pilot carreer!  :salute:

• Upvote 3

step 1: take a piece of paper; step 2: take a pencil. congratulations. you have your mp pilot carreer!  :salute:

Well, I can't agree more. And it's even more realistic and fun to do. 

390457_orig.jpg

:salute:

• Upvote 1

ok guys...today we started to rent a new server...for 1month trial to see how it goes...no, currently we are still hosting from the old machine as we are awaiting the details of the new one, but hopefully everything goes well and we will have a new machine ready soon...

• Upvote 5

imho, statistics enable another level of the game that adds interest and immersion. it allows potential to make a gameplay session more than just a temporary, short-lived combat mission by adding recognition, reward and consequence that are 'lasting'. the stats are there (theoretically) to use, but are not necessary and can be ignored if so desired.

Agreed. Having stats does have benefits. But to me, the drama it attracts is not worth the squeeze. IMO, the best way to implement the "virtual life" would be semi-private online wars - akin to old school VEF. To have them on 24/7 dogfight servers, well, you don't have to look very far to see what happens :wacko: ,

• Upvote 1

ok guys...today we started to rent a new server...for 1month trial to see how it goes...no, currently we are still hosting from the old machine as we are awaiting the details of the new one, but hopefully everything goes well and we will have a new machine ready soon...

Awesome news ! Thanks ! :)

That implies a cost.  Can those of us that use your server contribute?

This goes for all servers really.  If they're hosted at a cost to an individual or group/squad it'd be nice to show our support.

von Tom

• Upvote 1

yes...that indeed implies a cost :)  and yes, of course we would be grateful for any support of the community. once the server is set up, and we think its worth it, then we will set up a paypal account where people can support our server.

• Upvote 1

ok gents...new server machine, sitting in Germany, is more or less up and running...with this, we increased the max players to the limit of 84clients...we really hope that this investment will increase the stability.

• Upvote 3

ok gents...new server machine, sitting in Germany, is more or less up and running...with this, we increased the max players to the limit of 84clients...we really hope that this investment will increase the stability.

Ill check again on your server. If itsruns smooth WOL is dead for me. Great Work David!!!!

Thanks for the effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very happy with the developement and your effort! I was forced to play one WoL these past days and realised how much i enjoy FL! :D

• Upvote 1

Sounds great :) Hopefully more people will discover your server and fill it with enough life to fill those 84 slots reasonably.

What is the ping limit on this server? I was on several times and I like it much more than the others...except as a central US located player, I kept getting booted. In fact I never completed a flight because of the boots...am I just SOL? Bit confused why this would be the case, when I'm pretty sure WOL is in russia and I don't have issues there.

Also, have you considered asking for volunteers to translate the briefing messages into other languages than german? Having to ask my wife to translate is annoying, mostly because she gives me a "look" when I say "I need you to do something for my game"....

Hi Kai_lae the Ping Limit is currently 200ms on the server we discover more is not realy suitable.

We try to avoid things like on the russian server where shooting is lagging behind or you get hit with out indication.

And the worst thing is in head on situations when the enemy nose is not pointing directly on you in your point of view and you get hit.

There is a English briefing ofcorse we look today why this is not working, should be international server every one should understand what he have to do.

Greetings MAD

• Upvote 1

I have nothing against WOL server, but I am pretty tired about the FPS attitude among the players there. I like to see a little more flight sim attitude. And if the non stats server make that happened I gladly switch and contribute for a running server. 

I will try out this server

• Upvote 1

I have nothing against WOL server, but I am pretty tired about the FPS attitude among the players there. I like to see a little more flight sim attitude. And if the non stats server make that happened I gladly switch and contribute for a running server. 

I will try out this server

Think you will be happier on this server for sure. There's only a few people who fly it regularily for now but they usually are more kind and fair play pilots rather than kill counters and griefers.

It really deserves more attention.

• Upvote 1

I have to agree to what Stuka said.
Rarely experienced a griefer there. After every dogfight you can expect a "well played; gg; s!" or similar, so the atmosphere is waaaaaaay better than on WoL.

And the players are aswell. In WoL there are just a bunch of ppl flying a ground attacker or bomber per side. On FL this is way better balanced.
There are more formation flights aswell.

And my wish for the future towards the admins: If rude ppl come, cause the WoL just isn't "THE" server anymore, please ban them if they behave like ****

And i will give some €/month for sure! It is the only server i really fly since it opened!

• Upvote 1

Well that is not the servers fault, I was in for a mission but f**cked dup because my wife nagged around me all the time. It looked promising and I will attend later when peace and quiet

I have to agree to what Stuka said.

Rarely experienced a griefer there. After every dogfight you can expect a "well played; gg; s!" or similar, so the atmosphere is waaaaaaay better than on WoL.

And the players are aswell. In WoL there are just a bunch of ppl flying a ground attacker or bomber per side. On FL this is way better balanced.

There are more formation flights aswell.

And my wish for the future towards the admins: If rude ppl come, cause the WoL just isn't "THE" server anymore, please ban them if they behave like ****

And i will give some €/month for sure! It is the only server i really fly since it opened!

Memphis,...that goes towards you and everyone else....rest assured, we will take care of rude people.and we will make sure that they will not annoy the rest of us...i think in the other "sim" we've played before, i got a reputation of being really strict when its about insults and lack of respect on our server...9./JG27's highest goal is not to have the most popular server, but the most attractive for like minded gentlemen. when we, the admins, see rude behaviour, we will deal with it...but we definitely need the help of the regulars to inform us about certain incidents as well, to keep the server a happy place.really thats the main goal...

hey david, i have to ask - forgive me if this is repetitive for you...

messages are in german. do they have to be? can the missions be made so that the player can choose his language? i can figure out the one-liners across the top of the screen, but the mission statements/briefing are just too much. i have never seen german spoken in the chats.

we couldnt figure out what was left of the german artillery that caused the objective to remain last night. it was the second from most southern in stalingrad. the site/area seemed to be void of any remaining targets, but icon remained. is it broken?

Toller Server, ein riesiges Industrieziel in einer Mission, da braucht man ja 4-5 Heinkels. Die Mission die am Morgen, in der Dämmerung startet ist auch mal was anderes. Weiter so.

hey david, i have to ask - forgive me if this is repetitive for you...

messages are in german. do they have to be? can the missions be made so that the player can choose his language? i can figure out the one-liners across the top of the screen, but the mission statements/briefing are just too much. i have never seen german spoken in the chats.

we couldnt figure out what was left of the german artillery that caused the objective to remain last night. it was the second from most southern in stalingrad. the site/area seemed to be void of any remaining targets, but icon remained. is it broken?

no youre not repetitive...normally it should work that you see the mission briefings in english...i think we still have 1mission without english mission briefing, which of course will be changed soon...in case you see all the mission briefings in german, then you have to delete the files you already downloaded from our server...