Sneaksie

Game version 1.104 discussion: Summer and Autumn campaign, Bf 109 E-7 in early access

Tuesday ... WOW ... Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!

Downloading!

The maps are wonderful.

Just ended a free flight. Destroyed a locomotive in a head-on attack with a P40 and six .50cals... and it was AWESOME.

What a great update.

I really got bored by the white snow - this looks really great.

I made some dive bombing against Volga shipping in a JU-87 - nice to finally see som traffic on that river.

The BF-109E is also great though has really weak armament (no complaint !)

FinnJ

The maps are wonderful.

Just ended a free flight. Destroyed a locomotive in a head-on attack with a P40 and six .50cals... and it was AWESOME.

U need to watch red tails lol Edited by [TBC]AeroACE

S! Really nice job,running smooth and the maps are beautiful. 

Wonderful news.. can't wait till I get sober enough to try it out!

• Upvote 1

Lol! It is currently packed to the brim! (of 84!)

heh heh... that's the main reason i asked - the new maps are gonna generate more interest, and 84 spots would have probably been filled often even in the winter maps!

The new ground physics are really amazing. Tried to taxi through open field on the autumn map when it was raining and I got totally stuck in the mud and had to restart the mission. Also you really have to take the weather conditions into account then landing, because you might slip when braking when it's raining and it makes take offs and landing harder on the planes with narrow undercarriage overall, because the wheel touching the ground first will cause quite a bit of friction and will swing the plane around.

That was really lacking before and it might be the biggest improvement so far in BoS/BoM. Also the E-7 is a joy to fly and finally a pretty good opponent for the P-40 (even though it's still better).

Edited by Matt

Yea, too bad this amazing update will be over shadowed by the amazing community that occupies it. Everyone flies planes for their performance rather than for historical replication as if this were a score driven game with a leader board... perhaps the most frustrating part is the fascination with Wings of Liberty to the point where if the server is full the overflows of people won't even attempt to join another expert server to populate it, it's pathetic. The missions are poorly made and cause a huge spread in where the action takes place, there's no linearity and they are just not fun by design... but thanks for the update!

• Upvote 2

Yea, too bad this amazing update will be over shadowed by the amazing community that occupies it. Everyone flies planes for their performance rather than for historical replication as if this were a score driven game with a leader board... perhaps the most frustrating part is the fascination with Wings of Liberty to the point where if the server is full the overflows of people won't even attempt to join another expert server to populate it, it's pathetic. The missions are poorly made and cause a huge spread in where the action takes place, there's no linearity and they are just not fun by design... but thanks for the update!

I agree. I wish people would go into TWB. I've been in there a few times when the WoL server is halfway full just to see different activity.

Although I played a mission the other night and there were no AI patrols. Have they been removed? You can PM that, probably not the thread for that answer.

I could tolerate this cartoon-look graphics. But metamorphic trees make me unhappy customer. Really unhappy, devs...

Edited by =ZVP=Zdenek2106

Excellent! and the same day I get all the parts to rewire my g940 throttle n pedals. 

I think I might have a go of the game before I attempt to 'fix' something.

Thanks

:fly:

Stuck in a hotel room (too much time spent in those...) so I can just enjoy the screens. The summer and autumn maps look like the best I've yet seen in a combat flight sim. It just looks like they got the colours and lighting totally right.

No movies out yet?

I could tolerate this cartoon-look graphics. But metamorphic trees make me unhappy customer. Really unhappy, devs...

I'm sure trees that can't be collided with and can be turned off on anyone's client because they really don't matter are much better.

• Upvote 6

Rather an overwhelming amount to do, so far expectaions exceeded ;)

Cheers Dakpilot

So what do people think of the bf109 e4? I took it for a few fights against the AI, and won more easily than usual. But I think that could be an adjustment to the AI more than the E4's strength. On an unrelated note, it cost me a two engines to notice that the plane has manual control of the rads.

Start a new thread about 109 E

Edited by [TBC]AeroACE

I just can't wait to try out this new update, unfortunately I'll have to as I'm sat on nightshift........... sulking!

Keep the screen shots coming.

Cheers

Start a new thread about 109 E

This is a post about discussing the patch, and the E7 happens to fall under that criteria

Yup but I'm telling u that E7 debate will be a 10 page thread on its own so best make a new thread! I did it look forit

Hey, we are a lot to experience low FPS with the new patch. Below 20 fps with an ASUS ROG I7, Geforce 860, 8 go Ram. Never experienced this with Winter. I never heard my laptop fans screaming that way. Too Bad side effect !!!!

Hey, we are a lot to experience low FPS with the new patch. Below 20 fps with an ASUS ROG I7, Geforce 860, 8 go Ram. Never experienced this with Winter. I never heard my laptop fans screaming that way. Too Bad side effect !!!!

Is this running the game straight after downloading the new patch?  If so, reboot your laptop and try again :salute:

nice, gielow !  looks like you made it right to the end and stopped so as to "clear the runway". PLUS, you have lowered your plane to hide in the grass...brilliant work.

• Upvote 1

If you've not noticed yet, you can now disable the menu music in the audio settings section.

Edited by LukeFF

No change in performance. Make sure drivers are up to date... but a laptop? That's one of your mistakes. They do have worse performance than desktops. They can't run as hot, so they can't have as high performance due to their small enclosed nature. And the graphics cards that are marketed as the latest gen, are stripped down versions that are okay but not going to get the best performance.

Edited by FuriousMeow

Is that Alien Resurrection?

Also is there a general performance drop due to higher temperature? Are aircraft overheating more easily?

I'm on train home (300 miles)!!! Its gona be a long night!!!

That's from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Great update - dling now and hoping to get a better look.  Thanks for posting the screenies guys.  Now how about someone post some nice vids of that E-7 taking out saaaaay some boats?  You know, while the rest of us wait for the dl.  :)

Really looking forward to this and I am renewed with excitement for the future of this franchise.  What a difference those summer maps appear to make.....

At last, I got to try the new patch with a few missions and here is my first impression: I am amazed! 

Excellent work with the maps and ground physics. Just excellent. Operating plane on ground is now twice as fun. And the views are beautiful.

I also tried quickly the new campaign and it felt good. I really like the new in game map that shows tactical situation.

I flew the first German mission which was hand made, liked it too. These missions are a great addition to the stock campaign in my opinion. Although one thing came to my mind while selecting it: Maybe the mission briefing and general presentation on generator made missions and the hand made ones should be roughly similar. So I would change the generated mission briefings to the approximately same style as the hand made ones. 

Then I tried generated intercept mission for the Bf-109F4 and it worked flawlessly. I had fun chasing Sturmoviks over Don river!

I think there`s been a good progress with the in game campaign, good work. 

BTW, I like the new engine sound for Bf-109F4. Now I`m off to fly some more  :salute:

Wow, this is reminding me of my 1946 days, it's a good feeling!

Really eats up performance, but I'm sure it'll be well optimized in the future.

Looks fantastic.  Congratulations to the team for all their hard work.  It's going to be a very long day as I wait to get home and begin the download.  Hopefully I'll be mowing the lawn soon!