Sign in to follow this  
TP_Jacko

Multiplayer AI v AI no luck

I was trying to test a coop style mission and put some AI fighter  aircraft in to attack other AI fighters with attack area command expecting them to have a big furr ball and nothing of the soprt happened they just ignored each other. I must be doing something wrong.

Well in the end I made an attack command from one fighter to the leader of the enemy group. They still flew along ignoring each other then suddenly decided to fight

I is performed only with the WP. In low level that makes fighters engage if they find something

E1obxPE.jpg

Hi Jacko.

Hme... Attack area 'Air Targets' usually works ok...

Don't forget setting the length of time (eg 999 if not critical), and the height of the command (Y orientation).

Use one for each side rather than sharing one between sides.

Attack area priority low results with (amongst other things?) the combat can occur beyond the defined area - eg an ai will follow a player as he leaves.
High results with combat only within the defined area - eg when a player leaves a high combat zone the ai will break off and return to patrol (circle) the zone.

Edited by No43_Handsome

Attack area priority low results with (amongst other things?) the combat can occur beyond the defined area - eg an ai will follow a player as he leaves.

High results with combat only within the defined area - eg when a player leaves a high combat zone the ai will break off and return to patrol (circle) the zone.

Thanks Handsome, this might be the culprit, I was working on the line that high priority meant they would definitely hunt each other down not stick to a rigid perimeter even if it did make a nice circular contrail in the sky :)