Sign in to follow this  
xvii-Dietrich

When/how does BoM Standard Edition early access start?

I'm am a newcomer, trying to figure out how early-access works for BoM Standard Edition and what I should expect.

According to http://il2sturmovik.com/battle-of-moscow/ there are two "Early Access" editions (Standard and Premium), which are available to those who already have BoS. Some time ago, I bought BoM Standard Edition (just because BoM seemed like a nice idea and I wanted to support it). I then sort of forgot about it.

Looking again, I see that the Standard Edition is listed for Early Access in October 2015. As far as I can tell from reading the Dev Diary (e.g. #105) the Premium Edition has been going for a while now and players are flying the Macchi 202, and now the P-40 too. Are these just "extra planes" in BoS at the moment, or is there something else? I scanned through all the announcements but didn't see anything relevant.

As far as I can tell, BoM Standard Edition planes aren't ready yet, so I would expect no difference at all. But I wanted to ask, in case I was missing something really obvious. I tried looking at the Early Access forum, but it seems empty http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/56-bom-early-access/ (well, at least for me... do I need to activate something?)

I'd expect something this month. It might be at the end of October, but it will be October 2015. The devs have been generally good on their dates imo.

As for the BoM planes in BoS atm, I believe those are the special plane set for premium owners.

BoM Premium (exclusive) planes are MC-202 and P-40.

You guys should be able to fly with I-16, Bf 109 E-7 "in October" - so just wait more "two weeks".  :lol:

Edited by Sokol1

Mc 202 and the P-40 are available to fly for Premium BOM accounts ATM but you can fly against them in BOS regardless of what version you have (of BOS). If you do not own BOS your BOM will work essentially as a stand alone game and you will have to wait a bit longer for the release. (I forgot about the I16, thanks Sokol). Additionally, if you own both titles you will be able to play each plane as it is released as well.

Edited by [LBS]HerrMurf

Buyers of the Standard Edition will get access to game in this month. We'll announce the exact date soon.

They will be able to fly I-16 and Bf 109 E-7 (this aircraft will be ready in late October).

Just out of curiosity:

On what map will you be flying?

I see in your avatar you do not own BOS, hence the question.

That's not right. That there is no BOS-sign in his Avatar, does only mean, that he didn't preorder it. I don't have the sign too, as you can see, because I bought it after release.

On what map will you be flying?

I see in your avatar you do not own BOS, hence the question.

I fly on any of the BoS maps in quick missions, campaign, etc.

I own BoS, but I bought it through Steam, not here.

That's not right. That there is no BOS-sign in his Avatar, does only mean, that he didn't preorder it. I don't have the sign too, as you can see, because I bought it after release.

Something that should be remedied actually. Probably red and/or blue icons for guys who didn't preorder, to go with the various gold and silver bars. It would help to identify versions of the game and speak intelligently as to compatibility issues which we will be seeing more of in less than a month..........as illustrated in this thread.

When are you planning to release BoM on steam?

This will happen around the first quarter of 2016.
Since you have BoS premium edition and if you received Steam key for this game, you can buy BoM Early Access on our site right now and play BoS+BoM via Steam.

OK, all clear.

Are there people who bought into BOM without owning BOS?

If so, how do they get early access?

Are there people who bought into BOM without owning BOS?

If so, how do they get early access?

We use one game client for the both titles. They can download client from our website and play via him. They can fly I-16, P-40, MC.202 (and fight against any aircraft) and use free maps like Lapino or Novosokolniki. Moscow maps will be available in Q1 2016

OK, thx for answering.

We use one game client for the both titles. They can download client from our website and play via him. They can fly I-16, P-40, MC.202 (and fight against any aircraft) and use free maps like Lapino or Novosokolniki. Moscow maps will be available in Q1 2016

Hello, 

I purchased BOM premium and don't have BOS. How do I access? I don't see where to DL the client anywhere. 

On the IL2 website: http://il2sturmovik.com/download/

Click Login in the top, use your Forum login to access your profile and then click Download. You'll be able to download the BoS/BoM game client and start accessing the materials currently available to you.

Thank you. 

Unfortunately, I get the following:

ACCESS FORBIDDEN

You don't have permission to access this page. Go back tomain page or you can contact us if it's necessary.

Thank you. 

Unfortunately, I get the following:

ACCESS FORBIDDEN

You don't have permission to access this page. Go back tomain page or you can contact us if it's necessary.

If you only have BoM, you will have access to that stuff spring this year. If you want to play it right now, you'll have to purchase a version of BoS.

If you only have BoM, you will have access to that stuff spring this year. If you want to play it right now, you'll have to purchase a version of BoS.

This is disappointing as the purchase page says "Early Access - July 2015". http://il2sturmovik.com/store.

Also the above post by BlackSix indicates I should have access??

Edited by RENKCUB

This is disappointing as the purchase page says "Early Access - July 2015". http://il2sturmovik.com/store.

Also the above post by BlackSix indicates I should have access??

When you look, there are two sections for access. The one you were looking at is for those who own BoS, and the other one states when you don't have BoM. 

Edited by 6./ZG1_milopugdog

This is disappointing as the purchase page says "Early Access - July 2015". http://il2sturmovik.com/store.

Also the above post by BlackSix indicates I should have access??

I'm sorry, if you've felt mislead, but if you look at the page for Battle of Moscow, it quite clearly states the terms for people who pre-purchase who don't own BoS:

http://il2sturmovik.com/battle-of-moscow/

The chart in the middle of the page lists the different expected release dates for different parts of the sim, but as you can see, the dates for people who only own BoM and not BoS is Q1 2016 across the board.

The good news is, that you really don't have to wait much longer. BoM is very nearly done. :)

Good to see people buying BoM up front without owning BoS btw :good: Can't wait to meet you in the skies.

I'm sorry, if you've felt mislead, but if you look at the page for Battle of Moscow, it quite clearly states the terms for people who pre-purchase who don't own BoS:

http://il2sturmovik.com/battle-of-moscow/

The chart in the middle of the page lists the different expected release dates for different parts of the sim, but as you can see, the dates for people who only own BoM and not BoS is Q1 2016 across the board.

The good news is, that you really don't have to wait much longer. BoM is very nearly done. :)

Good to see people buying BoM up front without owning BoS btw :good: Can't wait to meet you in the skies.

Thank you. You're right. I was indeed mislead by this forum post, but I can't deny the reading of the official page (Which I did not read). It should maybe made more clear from the general store page. 

Hope to be on soon then!