~S~ All,

Can we expect to see the BF-110 be made available to fly once the game is released ?  If not, why not then as this wouldn't be historically correct to not have this specific aircraft made available once the sim is released.  Thanks in advance..

:cool:

When the 110 comes out I'll switch from being a Russian LaGG 3 and 5 pilot to being a German pilot. I just hope there are some good mud moving mission made/created for it.

S!

Good read for aspiring Bf110 pilots while waiting is Johannes Kaufmann's book. He flew Bf110 in SKG210 during and after Barbarossa, later in Reichs Defence 1944-45 he flew Bf109.

• Upvote 1

I've always wanted to fly a night fighter version, with the radar operator murmuring the latest contact in my ear.

• Upvote 1

I've always wanted to fly a night fighter version, with the radar operator murmuring the latest contact in my ear.

I want to fly those planes Yann & Romain Hugault made comics about. Like Heinkel He 219.

S!

Good read for aspiring Bf110 pilots while waiting is Johannes Kaufmann's book. He flew Bf110 in SKG210 during and after Barbarossa, later in Reichs Defence 1944-45 he flew Bf109.

What's the name of that book?

What's the name of that book?

Kaufmann, Johannes (Oberstleutnant a. D.): Meine Flugberichte 1935 - 1945. Zwei Teile in einem Band. Teil I (Flugbetrieb von 1935 - 1939): Fliegerschule Magdeburg / Fliegergruppe (S) Schleißheim / Jagdgeschwader Richthofen / Fliegerschule Salzwedel; Teil II (im Zweiten Weltkrieg): Kampfgeschwader z. b. V. 9 / Flugzeugführerschule A/B Prenzlau / Chef AW Le Bourget / Zerstörerschule Schleißheim / Schnellkampfgeschwader 210 / Zerstörergeschwader 1 / Kampfgeschwader 40 / Jagdgeschwader 4. Mit einigen Abbildungen und Kartenskizzen. Schwend, Journal Verlag, 1989. 202 S.

Sorry, in German, don't know if it's available in english, hard to get, about 35€ or more used.

S!

The name is Meine Flugberichte 1935-1945.This one translated to Finnish. ISBN 952-5186-36-9 if that is of any help.

It won't be flown much if implemented.  There will be the hard core guys and many of us would try it out but against front line fighters it probably will not be flown much.  There was a reason the 110 was pulled from front line service in 1942 and used as a night fighter or heavy fighter over Germany. 

Don't get me wrong, I think it should be available.  But as a later on add on aircraft. 

Give me a break, it's a perfect ground strike aircraft for the Germans.

Give me a break, it's a perfect ground strike aircraft for the Germans.

And a great bomber destroyer!

It won't be flown much if implemented.  There will be the hard core guys and many of us would try it out but against front line fighters it probably will not be flown much.  There was a reason the 110 was pulled from front line service in 1942 and used as a night fighter or heavy fighter over Germany. 

Don't get me wrong, I think it should be available.  But as a later on add on aircraft. 

The LaGG3 faces the same problems against the 109/190 as the 110 against the russian fighters.

The 110 is just a good fighter/bomber, not a air superiority fighter.

In the main we will probably just see swarms of 109s/190's Vs Yak 1's, especially in the arcade type servers. A 110 (or even a LaGG!) will be more suited to the more historically minded serious servers / online wars.

There would definitely be a market for it.

I would like to see more rare planes in the game than the usual Bf-110 etc.

Edited by AnaRasanen

Here is a 55 minute film with films about  Zersoerers among them ZG 26 Horst Wessel over England, Desertwar  and Russia.

Do not mind the Nightfighter title.

The 110 was a important AC for the germans but since it was taken out of production in favor for the ME-210 and most 110 went to support the Mediterranean campaign it was not many in Russia.

This does not mean it isn't important in this arena, it did a lot of important jobs in Russia. 
Edited by 9./ZG26Jaeger

That wasn't in Stalingrad either...

It doesn't matter because 777 Studios is releasing whole new campaign maps with planes in future. Some of fhose planes fought somewhere in the Eastern Front.

It seems that they are doing the sensible thing, and modelling planes that actually were used in large scale. So I guess we are going to see Bf 110 and Ju 88 before too long, among others. Ofc 110 doesn't play as large role from late 1942 onwards, so that might depend at some degree of where we are going after Stalingrad. And i do hope that it is AFTER Stalingrad, if not, then please let it be Crimean Campaign in summer 1942...

Sure thing as fighters won the war, who needs heavy two engine aircraft......

Fine, to be classified as hard core guy. In CoD one of my favorite planes, although not a match for Hurris and Spits, I know.

I would fly it, for sure.

S!

Bf110 is not that bad plane. I've read memoirs of Bf110 pilots and they do not say it is a bad plane until turned into a night fighter. All the additional equipment made it heavier and while engines did not get that much more powerful the original design became worse in performance. But for night fighting it was adequate. Bf110 is bad repped propably because of Battle of Britain, like the Stuka. Blewn out of proportion. There were many successfull aces in Bf110 during BoB in ZG26 etc.