Sign in to follow this  
The_Shadow

New Wings basic training?

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that for the last few days on New Wings basic training, the rings stay white and no enemy planes spawn?

Thanks for the Head's-Up guys.

Evidently, the recent patch changed something, that's affecting our mission...   :angry:

I'll try to get it sorted out in the next couple days.

Regards,

4 <salute>

As a quick follow-up, I took a look at those missions last night, re-saved, and replaced them on the server, and unfortunately, the same problems are still there.

At first glance, I have no idea why the AI Circles have stopped spawning AI adversaries when a player enters them.  I'm guessing that changes to Complex Triggers changed their behavior.  :angry:   In any case, I'll have to do some more testing to figure out what the actual problem is. Sorry, I don't have an ETA on when that will be fixed.

Likewise, the obstacle course markers don't work either (as you noted), and since they were stand-alone icons, I'm not even sure how to go about fixing them. :(

Perhaps, someone else has some insight into those, and what is causing them to fail...  Otherwise, I'll just have to replace those with some poles or something less fun... 

Hopefully, I'll be able to look at this a bit this weekend, but I can't promise anything....

Regards,

4 <salute>

Edited by -NW-FourSpeed

Complex triggers now need "check entities" to work with MP planes. Not an intended change, so maybe it will be fixed. It apparently came with making check zone and proximity triggers react to MP planes.

I have noticed that animation translators do not appear to work in MP. I'll test it to be sure and file a bug report if nobody does it before me.

Good to know, coconut -- thanks for the insight. 

I figured it was probably something with the Complex Triggers, but unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to look at it this past weekend...

In any case, that should help me get it resolved a little easier when I do get an opportunity to look at it.  Thanks!

Regards,

4 <S!>

Sorry for the delay on getting this fixed, guys  (I've been having hard-disk issues with my main PC the past week)  :angry:

In any case, with today's update, we'll be applying the new patch to the servers tonight, and hopefully fixing the maps RSN (Real Soon Now).

On the Wargrounds Server, that map is QuQi's, so I'll leave that one in his capable hands.

I'll be looking at the Basic Training maps.  

Now, I know Summer and Autumn maps are "the new shiny" but before switching that up in the Basic Training server, I wanted to see if folks have a particular preferrence -- Summer, Autumn, or, stick with Winter (cause everyone else will be switching *their* maps)    :biggrin:

Feel free to chime in....

Regards,

4 <S!>

Autumn or summer would be nice for a change. I was just at Basic Training server, the "fly through" hoops are looking correct. Flew through all 4 spawn locations but nothing spawned. In the bombing area all the markers were coming up as a light gray, don't know if that was by design or not. New map does look fantastic.

Autumn or summer would be nice for a change. I was just at Basic Training server, the "fly through" hoops are looking correct. Flew through all 4 spawn locations but nothing spawned. In the bombing area all the markers were coming up as a light gray, don't know if that was by design or not. New map does look fantastic.

Hi Gramps,

I fixed the complex triggers for the AI Circles on my "test" server, but I haven't got those missions switched over to our public server yet (due to my PC-HDD problems mentioned earlier).

The public servers were updated to patch 1.104 last night, so it should just be a case of getting the Training maps moved over (I'll look at changing the winter map to summer).  I'm glad to hear your report of the obstacle course working (the rings were still white on my test server) -- perhaps the 1.104 patch fixed whatever got broken from the last patch with those.

The units in the Gunnery/Bombing Range are supposed to be Gray (they're "neutral"), and they're *supposed* to get repaired after they get destroyed, though that has been problematic since Day 1).

In anycase, I'm hopeful I can get the Training maps working and back in place by the weekend.  Cross your fingers...  ;)

Regards,

4 :salute:

Thanks for the update. Is the Wargrounds server being worked on? I notice it is password protected right now.

I can't verify that (from work), but if it's locked, it's probably a pretty safe bet that QuQi is working on something in the Wargrounds server.

Regards,

FYI.

The Basic Training Server missions are fixed, and the AI Circles should be spawning "victims" now..  ;)

I'll see if I can get some "summer-ized" versions of those maps put together this weekend.

Regards,

Wargrounds is down or locked while QuQi works out some problem areas from the new update .... Your patience is appreciated .... He hopes to have it up by Monday the 2nd but not sure .... Sorry for the down time guys/gals ...

Chief

FYI.

I'll see if I can get some "summer-ized" versions of those maps put together this weekend.

Regards,

Hey I really like the New wings training mission, Is it possible to switch it to the non winter map?

...working on it... 

Regards,

PS> They'll likely alternate -- One set winter (for each side), and one set summer (again, for each side).

...working on it... 

Regards,

PS> They'll likely alternate -- One set winter (for each side), and one set summer (again, for each side).

Cool thanks man..I pulled a classic "not reading any other posts and just posting what I want" my bad.

Cool thanks man..I pulled a classic "not reading any other posts and just posting what I want" my bad.

No Worries!  ;)

As noted a couple posts above, I have finished the initial changes to our Basic Training Server now.

Finally, finally, *finally* !!!   I have found the culprit in our .sds file that was preventing full hud / map use.  Yay!!!  :lol:   (that's been a *longtime* frustration).

So, the full Hud is now available in New Wings - Basic Training, and the "m" key can be used to toggle the map modes in-flight.

Of course, if you want more "realism" you can turn off the simple gauges, engine and system notices, and the map display by using the "h" key (HUD toggle).

Icons are also working in there properly as well -- they can be toggled on and off with the "i" key.

The obstacle course rings are once again displaying in red and green now instead of white (Thanks Devs!).

The AI circles are also fixed, so if you fly into those, enemy aircraft (see circle's description) will spawn for you to combat.

Finally, I've also added summer maps, so it's now a 4 mission rotation alternating between Russian and German planes, in summer and winter settings.

Enjoy!

Regards,

PS> There is still a minor "color" issue with some buildings on the summer maps, so I'll be looking into that, but I didn't want that litle issue to prevent you guys from enjoying the server in the meanwhile.