=TIA=Porcorosso86

Behavior in multiplayer

Hello pilots and dev!

Is over 5 month which play in "wing of liberty" server, wonderful battles and amazing skilled pilots, but lately I see one of the worst behavior in this game.

If you follow an enemy, near his 6, sometimes happens who him leave the server, and puff, plane disappear.

Very frustrating, but my question: is possible to add an IA whom replace the player? Or credit the kill, where is possible?

Thanks before

Edited by =TIA=Porcorosso86

Hello pilots and dev!
Is over 5 month which play in "wing of liberty" server, wonderful battles and amazing skilled pilots, but lately I see one of the worst behavior in this game.
If you follow an enemy, near his 6, sometimes happens who him leave the server, and puff, plane disappear.
Very frustrating, but my question: is possible to add an IA whom replace the player? Or credit the kill, where is possible?
Thanks before

Hey TIA,

I definitely understand the frustration when this happens. As you know, this can happen also when the server drops you due to a bad connection/too high of a ping. This happened to me last night on the Wings of Liberty server while flying a 109-F. I had ( I believe 3 LA-5's ) around me and was trying to bide my time a little bit longer by diving away from them and then in the heat of the confrontation my connection dropped. I have never had it happen in a moment such as that and was a bit paranoid the folks thought I was one who just disconnects when it appears they are pretty well done for. I quickly reconnected and apologized for the disconnect for I am sure one of the pilots would have succeeded in my planes demise. One of the pilots ( Rambo ) being a good sport and gentleman let me know he saw this happening and put my mind at rest. Of course I am sure many who are reading this have shot me down and know I will take my medicine for poor combat flying skills ( I know Rambo knows this for sure--  :)  ) Also, I am not blaming this at all on the Wings of Liberty server--- I live in the eastern US and have a pretty high ping to this server which is likely due to distance and having at best average internet connection.

Cheers--sf--

• Upvote 1

Hey TIA,

I definitely understand the frustration when this happens. As you know, this can happen also when the server drops you due to a bad connection/too high of a ping. This happened to me last night on the Wings of Liberty server while flying a 109-F. I had ( I believe 3 LA-5's ) around me and was trying to bide my time a little bit longer by diving away from them and then in the heat of the confrontation my connection dropped. I have never had it happen in a moment such as that and was a bit paranoid the folks thought I was one who just disconnects when it appears they are pretty well done for. I quickly reconnected and apologized for the disconnect for I am sure one of the pilots would have succeeded in my planes demise. One of the pilots ( Rambo ) being a good sport and gentleman let me know he saw this happening and put my mind at rest. Of course I am sure many who are reading this have shot me down and know I will take my medicine for poor combat flying skills ( I know Rambo knows this for sure--  :)  ) Also, I am not blaming this at all on the Wings of Liberty server--- I live in the eastern US and have a pretty high ping to this server which is likely due to distance and having at best average internet connection.

Cheers--sf--

Man isn't a ping problem, here we have best speed connection.

It's only fear to have one more death on personal stats.

Happen one time,no problem.

Happen a lot of times...mean strategy.

Or yes yes...happen only when we are at 6 of an enemy...yes true,true.

Bad kind of play,this is it. :dry:

Credit the kill on someone you follow? Mhhh idk

If you have shot him before, yes, I think is a right rules against bad behavior

Maybe he means you have shot up the aircraft and the person then disconnects?

Exactly. Happens sometimes

Hey TIA,

Cheers--sf--

I know sometimes happens because high ping disconnected to server. But definitely I know when a player disconnected for high ping or by choice. I don't want to criticize nothing, but I would like to hear your impression about this behavior. I think BoS is amazing, but need some little things to be perfect  :)

Probably some players like to see his statistic clean and crispy, but for my personal opinion this isn't correct  :(

My question is: BoS need rules for this behavior or you think now is all right? This isn't change my opinion about this game, but certainly don't make me happy

Thanks!

Edited by =TIA=Porcorosso86

Swapping them to AI sounds like a great idea to me. Maybe the ai's goal is to land at the closest base unless being attacked. 

• Upvote 1

That would just lag the server.

You can see the disco queens if you look at their stats page, people who abuse "feature" this soon get a bad reputation so they aren't doing themselves any favours. It's possible that an admin might take action in banning a person who is particularly offensive if you can prove that they are misbehaving or deliberately exploiting the game to their own advantage.

• Upvote 1

Guys every evening the game crashes severeal times for dozends of players (i crash too with my super-duper-german t-com connection ;) ) . Sometimes it might be the the ping but in 90% of the cases its BoS which is still unstable even after several updates. Often you can observe that several players getting ctod at the same time (at least on th WoL server)

• Upvote 3

I've found the server connections very unstable within the last couple of weeks or so.....I hope this can be corrected in the near future...

• Upvote 1

Looks the same old "pull the cable" of Air Warrior/Warbirds dial up times.  :)

• Upvote 1

This has never happened to me, maybe i just spend more time on peoples 12 than the other way around :P

But regarding multiplayer behaviors i think people should always have enough decency to taxi in a crowded airfield instead of slamming the throttle and going across the runway; i get hit a lot by rouge planes taking off cross country

Edited by SAG
  • Upvote 2

Sokol...if U remember the times of AIR WARRIOR on 56k connection, then U are old like me ;)  . Yes "the pull the cable" tactic has the same age of internet online fighting....but still annoying

Edited by =TIA=TBear

To All people here...plz make me a big favour:

everybody copy this sentence " SCIABOLA ACE SCIABOLA "...then copy it in a private message to =TIA=THE_ITALIAN_ACE  :biggrin:  :lol:  :biggrin:  :lol:  :biggrin:  :lol:

Edited by =TIA=TBear

Sometimes (rarely) real life means I have to quit, if this is urgent I worry that some person was just quietly getting into a perfect position on me that I didn't see and I'm denying them a delicious kill! If it's not urgent that I have to log out I'll always try to see if any one is closing by turning round and giving any unseen attackers a chance to engage.

Vulching seems to have increased recently, when you're spent 20 mins trying to get into the server just to be lightly damaged enough to have to land straight away this is rather annoying. There's one guy who seems to just fly straight to the enemy airfield and flap about shooting people on takeoff then die himself, then repeat, 10 deaths in a row it seemed the other night. This just appears like 'hamster in a wheel' behaviour, I simply don't understand the desire; it's quicker and more challenging to jump in QMB and scrap the AI.

But this is online ' play' for you. Whilst frustrating, there's little that can really be done, and perhaps little that should be done regarding ' policing'. Just try and enjoy the good aspects yourself with the significant number who contribute to a good experience.

Yes =FB=ARHANGEL does go straight to the enemy main base, no matter how far away from any objective it might be. 

Edited by [TWB]Hooves_McG
  • Upvote 2

To All people here...plz make me a big favour:

everybody copy this sentence " SCIABOLA ACE SCIABOLA "...then copy it in a private message to =TIA=THE_ITALIAN_ACE  :biggrin:  :lol:  :biggrin:  :lol:  :biggrin:  :lol:

LoL :biggrin:

(mean buy Ace buy)

Guys every evening the game crashes severeal times for dozends of players (i crash too with my super-duper-german t-com connection  ) . Sometimes it might be the the ping but in 90% of the cases its BoS which is still unstable even after several updates. Often you can observe that several players getting ctod at the same time (at least on th WoL server)

In the previous patches I got CTD's very very often, which resulted in me leaving the server, kinda different from disconnecting, but its all part of the same issue. Hopefully the last one (which introduced the p40) is a little bit more stable. Anyways, when someone gets kicked because of the ping, the server sends a message and everyone can see the reason why that person is being kicked.

Credit the kill on someone you follow? Mhhh idk

Or

Player disconnects. Plane sticks around. Pilot suffers "massive heart attack" careening to earth. Resulting in a player death.

For someone who CTD's religiously in SP, I've only CTD'd a couple times in MP and it was always after a sortie going back to the spawn menu. You can see who's going to lag out next in WoL in the server text (experienced that a few times too).

Vulching - The only solution that really isn't a solution but good to have is to have, "Vulching With Rockets And Bombs ONLY" and "No Airfield Camping" in the server rules and implemented the same way battle-fields1 does it in 1946...

If someone rains bullets on an enemy within the airfields airspace (the area of modern radar we have in this game), text pops up that says,"BlondeKnightOfFlightSim is definitely a vulcher." ..

It's the Clod mentality and it's spilling over to BoS.

Edited by Y-29.Silky

Earlier on in BoS if you discoed, or quit, and were damaged the person that damaged you last received a victory. I don't know if that is broken, or has been removed, but that should definitely be reinstated.

Also, it appears we're back to the last person who damaged gets credit. It should be the person who does most damage gets credit. I suppose, unless it is the terminal damage - but even then, that encourages daisy chain shoulder shooting. Someone else hammers away at a plane, three other people see a smoking shot up plane and jump in jostling for best shot, a few of them colliding, even one colliding with the original person that was engaged, and suddenly the last of them gets credit after firing a single SMG round into it and the engine dies or the wing falls away and they get credit for it after doing nothing. Meanwhile, the person that did all the work was taken out by their own teammate.

The score system needs a new approach, allowing the kill credit to go to the person to damage last or do the final debilitating damage rewards and promotes the amateur daisy chain shoulder shooting that is present in all air combat sims.

It would also be nice to allow servers to set victory messages to only the players involved. So the player that would get the victory message, the player that was defeated, and the shares to those who damaged the defeated. That does a bit to prevent the killing queue, because no one gets announced to all that they are the "victor." For some it is ego, and if their ego can't be fluffed because it isn't announced globally that "they" "shot down" another player, then perhaps they will only go after the players that aren't already in shambles. I've seen this work well in another PVP air combat game/sim.

And while it may not be present in multiplayer - actually I'm happy about this because... damn it would suck - is the unlock crap. Unlocks/ranking/promotion/leveling up/whatever it gets labeled is the absolute worst piece of sh*t invention that causes the worst of the worst of this. Luckily it isn't in MP, but by pushing it in SP, we are seeing this score bound behavior because the victory awarding system awards and promotes this, and because we have the unlock system which breeds this garbage. It might be single player, but that awful behavior becomes entrenched and bleeds over. Unlocks promote terrible play.

Edited by FuriousMeow

But regarding multiplayer behaviors i think people should always have enough decency to taxi in a crowded airfield instead of slamming the throttle and going across the runway; i get hit a lot by rouge planes taking off cross country

I've given up on multiplayer because of that.

I've given up on multiplayer because of that.

On the other side, in real life taking off off-road is dangerous/impossible so it makes sense to take off from the runway. In Bos it is easy so you can't really blame people for doing it. Just make it harder to fix this.

I really don't see how it can possibly be a reason to drop mp :)

Oohhhhh....so "disco" in the Wings Of Liberty stats site means "disconnections"...I was wondering what was for..I was starting to think there were simulated discoteques in the sim map ;) :-D

The problem in all sims is that, if u do something childish or stupid, nobody hurts. In real life if U do stupid stuffs U hurt urself or other people...so usually U think 12 times before doing anything..but this is a videogame anyway, and any kind of people can employ it...so i guess We have to stand this and fight frustration with patience.

....but...i have an idea to solve all this:

some kind of USB device that U connect with ur body that, if u do childish or not onest things, gives U an electroshock, not enough to kill U, but enough to give U tremendous pain...

do someone would crowdfund me for this? ;) ;)

• Upvote 1

It's the Clod mentality and it's spilling over to BoS.

Depends on the server.

If there were more "organised" BoS servers - especially if done to the extend like Storm of War does it for CloD, with a consistent player career that can end violently - the issue wouldn't be as prevalent either. The type of player that does the disconnecting and whatnot is also the one that seems less interested in an organised, maybe even consistent campaign environment in my experience.

A neat solution for everyone as far as I am concerned.

....but...i have an idea to solve all this:

some kind of USB device that U connect with ur body that, if u do childish or not onest things, gives U an electroshock, not enough to kill U, but enough to give U tremendous pain...

do someone would crowdfund me for this? ;) ;)

I think something like this would be pretty funny, well to watch someone else testing it of course. ;)

I know you can get something like this that registers hits and turns them into electrical pulses for other devices so I think it would be quite easily converted to be wired up to say a car battery, so that every time your plane gets hit = you getting a small but uncomfortable 12v jolt.

I bet folks would start flying a little different, I know I certainly would.

Mick.  :russian_ru:

The Syndicate server in RoF disabled kill messages IIRC, and I really liked it that way.

As for those guys taking off straight...it's just lame, but you can avoid being hit by them. I just wish rolling in deeps snow would be more dangerous in game.

• Upvote 2

The Syndicate server in RoF disabled kill messages IIRC, and I really liked it that way.

As for those guys taking off straight...it's just lame, but you can avoid being hit by them. I just wish rolling in deeps snow would be more dangerous in game.

That's actually a really good idea. Perhaps more of a focus on score over kills might push for more objective play?

My dream would be a kill claim system built into both single and multiplayer, but that's not something we'll likely see for a while, if at all.

As for those guys taking off straight...it's just lame, but you can avoid being hit by them.

You can't avoid them without aborting your tree take off. They either hit me without me seeing them, or scare the hell out of me when they zoom across 10m from me.

Though I must admit, I always get a good laugh seeing it happen to other people.

Hey TIA,

Cheers--sf--

Happend to me last night was in a dog fight maybe 5 of us fighting , I got kicked back to main menu , i think its the beta server . can aybody say for certain there were 64 online last night 6/10/15 , i wouldnt worry to much it happens .

Edited by II./JG77_Con

Servers were full when we were on last night Con. Probably from 20:00 - 22:00

Custard saw my plane disappear and then reappear in front of him, we had the invisible plane issue when we started, some warping and then Custard was disconnected on our last flight.

Why don't they just fence off the taxi areas so you can't just roll anywhere you like?

I'd love a special "minefield" object that caused the player to disconnect, explode or suffer some on-screen admonition the moment their wheels pass over it.  ;)

Why don't they just fence off the taxi areas so you can't just roll anywhere you like?

TWB server did something like this, they placed vehicles on the taxiway to stop people from taking off 'dirty' and forcing/helping  people to taxi the correct way.

I guess there will never be a perfect answer vs. people that 'play the system'. Intentional 'death-avoiding' disconnects will happen but at the same time, unintentionals are there too. Overall, I think if a player has a disproportionate amount of 'disconnects' in situations where he is about to get hit...then word will get round. I have friends who used to play Aces High etc and they tell me that some people that abused the system there too became quite well known - in a bad way where even people on their team wouldn't play or help them out anymore. Already now (and in this thread) some names are giving from people that seem to be hard bent on getting a high KdR the easy way.

Then again, if word gets round and you know these individuals, then at some point people are going to start punching back. If someone is always vulching then at some point someone or some people will take off at the start of the match and just wait for this person to show up, consistently hammering down on him. Not the perfect answer, and I doubt it will stop these people, but at least one or two of their play sessions get disrupted.

As for cross country take-off, I have never seen them slam into another player. Slam into trees, control towers, poles, and fighter pens? Oh yeah, and a big fireball shows it to us all. I had some people take off cross country and I had to wait a few seconds to make my run due to this, but overall, they are more a danger to themselves than the team imo. I'd prefer them to taxi, but...what can yo do?

I will add though that if my airfield is under attack, I won't slowly taxi to the runway, I'll find a clean 'natural' runway out of the way of everyone else and take off pronto. Not waiting to get strafed on the obvious routes...

Edit: Reflected mentioned making take offs in deep snow harder. that could help but as soon as the summer maps come rolling in, I guess we will see those most of the times on the server (?).

Edited by =LD=Bis18marck70

Actually I have more of a problem with people pulling onto the runway without looking left and right before entering. The kross kountry kamikaze krazies are only a danger to themselves if you are patient and keep a good lookout but the lemmings who blunder onto the runway are something else.

I mean really?

How are these guys still alive IRL and not splattered on the grill of a car. It's the first thing your parents teach you about the outside world. LOOK BOTH WAYS!

Lol I have never disco when about to be shot down but my game crashes at least once a night (minimum) so I would hate to know my disco score. I bet it makes me look like a terrible player

Actually I have more of a problem with people pulling onto the runway without looking left and right before entering. The kross kountry kamikaze krazies are only a danger to themselves if you are patient and keep a good lookout but the lemmings who blunder onto the runway are something else.

I mean really?

How are these guys still alive IRL and not splattered on the grill of a car. It's the first thing your parents teach you about the outside world. LOOK BOTH WAYS!

I think the problem starts with being unfamiliar with the airfields. Sometimes it's hard to see the runway on the ground. There's no signs telling you where to go or a map with airfield layout. One day I took a left, when I should of gone right and spent forever taxiing. I eventually said screw this and did a cross country takeoff.