Sign in to follow this  
ATAG_dB

FRAPS

Well I have experienced fps drop using Dxtory and some other software, I haven't used Fraps for a long time now but I think Fraps, Dxtory and some others use a lot of CPU cycles as does the game so that might be the issue. How much is your FPS dropping and in what circumstances?

About 50% In fact it does the same in DCS because it by pass my GPU apparently.  So BoS is the same I see Thanks

Edited by 71st_AH_dB

you could think about overclocking you processor, it shouldn't be hard to get a big improvement there.

That does sound like a big loss but you've got a huge resolution monitor which is probably why, you could try recording to a smaller resolution because 3840x2160 is going to take a lot of resources. 

I do mine in 1440p now and I've hard to work very hard to get acceptable results although shadowplay works flawlessly but the quality is nowhere as good as the uncompressed quality of fraps and dxtory etc. Dxtory is worth looking at, you can use a wide range of codecs to improve things, if you want any tips I can give you my settings.

Why not shadow play by nvidia? I used to use fraps but it's very intensive on your system. Shadow play didn't seem to impact my system much and has all the same features and qualities as fraps. Of course it is designed for nvidia cards and systems.

Used FRAPS for long, long time. Shadow Play and EVGA Precision for 5. I get roughly a 3-5 FPS hit, 47 down to 43 FPS in BOS at Ultra. Never 50% though. Not in IL2, DCS, ROF, Warships, SH5-4. Sorry to hear, that's a big hit. ( similar i7/16GB/ASUS X79-D, running a GTX790 though)

Edited by clayman

I've been able to run Fraps in RoF or BoS without a performance hit. Sometimes

I think my old PC specs with RoF was i7-920 8GB RAM and a 512 MB ATI 4850 at 1920x1080 and I could use Fraps to capture replays without too much trouble.

For BoS Fraps at 1080p not a problem. Using an i7-3770K and 16 GB and GTX 780 or 980

At 4K capturing at 1/2 size. Not really. Shadowplay works better with that.

Used FRAPS for long, long time. Shadow Play and EVGA Precision for 5. I get roughly a 3-5 FPS hit, 47 down to 43 FPS in BOS at Ultra. Never 50% though. Not in IL2, DCS, ROF, Warships, SH5-4. Sorry to hear, that's a big hit. ( similar i7/16GB/ASUS X79-D, running a GTX790 though)

Look at his resolution size, that's most likely the issue :)

Why not shadow play by nvidia? I used to use fraps but it's very intensive on your system. Shadow play didn't seem to impact my system much and has all the same features and qualities as fraps. Of course it is designed for nvidia cards and systems.

Because I have AMD GPU. as of now we don't have the equivalent of Shadow play. Not sure why but I don't have problem to record any other things apart from BoS and DCS 1.2 not sure about 1.5 that just came out

Edited by 71st_AH_dB

Because I have AMD GPU. as of now we don't have the equivalent of Shadow play. Not sure why but I don't have problem to record any other things apart from BoS and DCS 1.2 not sure about 1.5 that just came out

Sims are CPU intensive, I think that is why.

I got a good setting in Dxtory that worked ok using MagicYUV.

Also here is a link to suggestions for best Fraps performance

https://encodingtalk.com/threads/best-fraps-performance-tips-afaik.559/

Thank very much for the link I'll check it up

Sims are CPU intensive, I think that is why.

BoS is, not CloD and not DCS also, since 1.5 Hurray :D

Record ingame , then watch , and  record with shadow play , compress with handbreak , youtube. ..............lol