Bearcat

P-40 E Skins

Based on a P-40B of 78th Pursuit Squadron, 18th Pursuit Group out of Bellows Field, Hawaii 7th Dec 1941.

She never made it off the ground before all hell broke loose and so reference of any depth is very scarce.

Here’s your chance to take her up and do what she was meant to do. 

Have fun and shoot straight mates from Raptorattacker!

F6QveIk.jpg

4LkV68h.jpg

AhWgccw.jpg

Download HERE

Customary big thanks to @ICDP for the template

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Upvote 3

Old commie Megalodon.

2015_10_1__22_14_49_by_alpeko-d9bl3eu.jp

See in motion(youtube)

Download

I love the artwork  on the side and underwings but I am not sure about the black fins on the upper wing surface.   It would have destroyed the camouflage.   Better if the fins were mostly white like you did under the wings.

• Upvote 2

I love the artwork  on the side and underwings but I am not sure about the black fins on the upper wing surface.   It would have destroyed the camouflage.   Better if the fins were mostly white like you did under the wings.

I don't think this skin is meant to work as camouflage ;)

P-40bc Warhawk. Aircraft number 47, 3rd Pursuit Squadron 'Hell's Angels'

1st AVG 'Flying Tigers'. China, June 1942. 

It was flown by Robert T.Smith, one of the most important figures of the Flying Tigers with 8.90 kills.

He was an instructor with the Army Air Corps at Randolph Field before joining the group.

SUeCIBH.jpg

ayd346c.jpg

Wl0qeLD.jpg

6f5GGbF.jpg

2K5YXb1.jpg

The skin is at 4K resolution.

Download HERE

Customary big thanks to @ICDP for the template!

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Both skins look great  Raptor, I need to crack into ICDP's templates and see what I can't do.

I've been leaving the alpha layers off of some BF110G's I'm painting and I really like the matte worn look it creates, need to try it with some heavily weathered P40's as well.

Go for it. It's a bit of a bone of contention really though because, whilst they were definitely beat - up and dusty when they got BACK from sorties they were kept as clean as possible by the groundcrew prior to that because every little bit of wind resistance counted. Ergo they were 'polished' as much as they could. ICDP's stuff is great though, really. The man's a star.

***; Little Joe II ***
Work in progress !

Need Help !

Search pictures of Little Joe II

9drz7xqnb0kpvii6g.jpg

Work in progress !

tdoq6c4xyutzg836g.jpg

You want to see the picture in large format (click on it)
Yzrg4M.jpg

Unfortunately, I only have a one picture of theas Plain !

Edited by Tomi_099
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

@Tomi_099

Just one thing. Is there any particular reason for the spinner to be coloured the other way from the reference picture? I don't want to be critical, just to point out something you may have missed. I know how easy it is to do things like that when you're concentrating so hard!!

@Tomi_099

Just one thing. Is there any particular reason for the spinner to be coloured the other way from the reference picture? I don't want to be critical, just to point out something you may have missed. I know how easy it is to do things like that when you're concentrating so hard!!

in the second pictures is ok :biggrin:... BTW. i not find any other  Little Joe II pictures....i was looking in my books,gooogle ,but nothing... :sleep: sorry.

in the second pictures is ok :biggrin:... BTW. i not find any other  Little Joe II pictures....i was looking in my books,gooogle ,but nothing... :sleep: sorry.

Oh yeah. 

I tried looking for some pictures of Little Joe as well. Nothing. Not even on Wings Palette!! It's always the way, isn't it? You find a really good skin and then there's no reference material for it!!!

Raptorattacker, I have a request...

Really like the way you are able to do washed out, battle worn skins.  How about a Spitfire with the older model Brown and Green Battle of Britain era, with faded paint, smoke on side of fuselage from exhaust stacks, smoke on winges from guns firing, scratched paint, etc.  Maybe base it on Robert Tuck's Spit.

Thanks!

Raptorattacker, I have a request...

Really like the way you are able to do washed out, battle worn skins.  How about a Spitfire with the older model Brown and Green Battle of Britain era, with faded paint, smoke on side of fuselage from exhaust stacks, smoke on winges from guns firing, scratched paint, etc.  Maybe base it on Robert Tuck's Spit.

Thanks!

I'll give it a look at in the next couple of days. Leave it with me...

• Upvote 1

++ LITTLE JOE II ++

I experiment with the Bump map and get very good effecte.
because this machine does not get normal meps, the Bump map resets many datailierte effects.

Unfortunately you get to see this effect in the game by the light effect and solar radiation.

--- Click on the picture and have a little patience .. something of this result can be seen on the big picture. --

u6doqri8wo3h0lu7g.jpg

Edited by Tomi_099
  • Upvote 1

@Tomi_099

Looking hot! It's 'Little JOE II', not 'Yoe'. Just a bit of a translation thing! Certainly lookin' gooooood though.

I will leave it in your capable hands.

You the man!

Looks like it's gonna be Al Deere's Spit, which was a Mk1 in real life. It's exactly the paint scheme that you're after. Check out Al Deere on Google, he was definitely a bit of a character (and VERY lucky)!!.

TOMI_099

The Guy that built the SHIII TypeVII Uboat????

VIIC-_II-2-f.jpg

f-bomb me...

Edited by Yakdriver
  • Upvote 1

**** Little Joe II ****

> The biggest challenge <

---- Excuse me for name confusion  ---

++ Where too hell !! ... is the skin of the mirror  :wacko:  (Help me!) ++

foF1Mv.jpg

++++  The yellow mirror above the hand? +++

People are the biggest challenge to retouch the connection skins on the plane

Like down the wing
connection

Do you have an idea ?

5d8XNE.jpg

Edited by Tomi_099

@Tomi_099

Try this? Just add it to your Photoshop file, save and see?...

If it's there you'll find it!!

@Tomi_099

Sorry about that reply but you get the general idea!!

post-127646-0-96118300-1507323594_thumb.jpg

Edited by Raptorattacker

May be it' s not on the template because it's a recent improvement.

It's possibly somewhere in the files that are 'hidden' and on as a sort of 'standard' mirror. I can't really imagine it is though because so much effort is put into each individual plane. Dunno, hopefully he'll find it with the 'Finder'. I haven't had chance to have a look myself.

UPDATE

Of course it aint on the template for the plane because it's an 'optional' feature. I don't know for the life of me where they are though!

Edited by Raptorattacker

No it was added much later so it isn't on the template. The same thing happened with the MiG. A couple of actuator arms were added inside the oil cooler flaps but they aren't on the template so not paintable.

@Tomi_099

If it's there you'll find it!!

@Tomi_099

Sorry about that reply but you get the general idea!!

##################################

Thenks you are the BEST !!  :)

---------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------

• Upvote 1

Hi all, sorry for the long absence, I broke my dominant hand about a month ago and it is still on the mend.  I can do some stuff with it now thankfully but it does hurt after a short while.

The missing mirror is indeed because this template was released prior to the update that included mirrors.  Thankfully though, it is located on the template right here.  You simply need to paint that area the same as the base colour layers.

post-13160-0-92787000-1507384799_thumb.jpg

Edited by ICDP
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Hi all, sorry for the long absence, I broke my dominant hand about a month ago and it is still on the mend.  I can do some stuff with it now thankfully but it does hurt after a short while.

The missing mirror is indeed because this template was released prior to the update that included mirrors.  Thankfully though, it is located on the template right here.  You simply need to paint that area the same as the base colour layers.

Fantastic! Brilliant call and thanks!

ps Get well soon!!

Edited by Raptorattacker

Sorry to hear about your hand, get well soon.

Thank you for all the great templates they are very easy to work with and the weathering is fantastic.

Hi IDCP,

take your time to cure it, it does not make sense to stress it too much that it hurts and

Get well soon

Here's one based on what is assumed to be White 95.  Although similar to the P-40s of 154th IAP in Leningrad area there appears to be no star on the upper wings and the bort numbers appear to be behind the fuselage star.

37052698213_19e98ee3d4_b.jpg

37725062441_aa240dd774_h.jpg

Download link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/cxcx7rmxuzaxc9l/P40E1-VVS-White95-4k.dds?dl=0

Normalmap link:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/3cp7s972b5z9c9n/P40E1_Normal_Map.zip

Cheers!

EDIT:  I felt something was missing when I posted this.  Of course!  My thanks to ICDP.

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95
  • Upvote 3