Bearcat

P-40 E Skins

Skin Request: Could any talented skin designers make the P-40M "Lulu Belle" skins, Google got enough details of it. The skulls are awesome!

b37aa2f2b98f755be71405ba12cb2562.jpg

Skin Request: Could any talented skin designers make the P-40M "Lulu Belle" skins, Google got enough details of it. The skulls are awesome!

b37aa2f2b98f755be71405ba12cb2562.jpg

I'll give it a shot.

Skin request: Cleopatra III, No. 80 SQN RAAF, 1944-45.

p-40n-cleopatra-iii-72--%5B2%5D-1669-p.g

Thank you :salute:

Edited by Cybermat47

So here is a request for any good soul. I was trying to find an exact drawings of any P-40E that was stationed in the Philippines in 1941, however it seems much easier to find a P-40B. I guess skin transition shouldn't be that much of a problem even as models differ obviously. 

This is the only decent drawing of P-40E I've found. Fairly low quality though:

images.jpg

So here is a drawing of a P-40B of Lt. Joe Moore, 20th Pursuit Squadron, based at Clark Air Field, Philippines on Dec. 1941 which I thought would make a good base for a skin : 

p40b-41-ferris-too-little-too-late.jpg

And a link to a set of pictures of P-40 model : http://www.p40warhawk.com/Models/Builds/TonyFeredo/P-40B/P-40B.htm

CIMG4435.jpg

I'm looking further for more references though it seems Philippine 1941 P-40s arent particularly popular or researched. Camo seems of a usual type, maybe a bit lighter as it looks based on that model. Rest is fairly usual. If anyone would be interested in helping with this I'd appreciate that. 

So here is a request for any good soul. I was trying to find an exact drawings of any P-40E that was stationed in the Philippines in 1941, however it seems much easier to find a P-40B. I guess skin transition shouldn't be that much of a problem even as models differ obviously. 

This is the only decent drawing of P-40E I've found. Fairly low quality though:

images.jpg

Look no further than P-40E Kibosh.

This plane was flown by the Capt. Ed Dyess, who fought the Japanese from Dec. 7th until his capture at Bataan. He endured the death march and months of captivity until his escape and rescue.

This is a 4096x4096 resolution skin.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/67wuc279qmmezed/P40E1_4k_Kibosh.zip

post-13160-0-19654500-1490373102_thumb.jpg

post-13160-0-25569900-1490373512_thumb.jpg

Edited by ICDP
  • Upvote 2

Look no further than P-40E Kibosh.

This plane was flown by the Capt. Ed Dyess, who fought the Japanese from Dec. 7th until his capture at Bataan. He endured the death march and months of captivity until his escape and rescue.

This is a 4096x4096 resolution skin.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/67wuc279qmmezed/P40E1_4k_Kibosh.zip

My best friend is related to this guy. He isn't a pilot though. His dad is a pilot and was in the navy. We met through a mutual love of heavy metal and learning guitar. When I met his dad and was able to identify all of the model aircraft in his massive collection, he treated me as a new son lol.

• Upvote 2

Airborn !

798993ssw35.png

P40E1

white 35

unknown unit

4k Template by ICDP

> Download

​154th IAP skinpack is coming...two more weeks^^

Edited by PatCartier
  • Upvote 9

Pat,

great skins!!!! at first glance I thought these were photographs, really nice work.

Cheers

Edited by keeno
  • Upvote 1

Juste magnifiques ;) ...Merci... :salute:

• Upvote 1

Airborn !

93759920thcombopack.png

20th gvIAP dual combo skinpack

4k Template by ICDP

planes #51 & 70 are inspired by the work of Massimo Tessitori & Tapani Tuomanen

1 generic skin

>> DOWNLOAD

• Upvote 3

Dedicated to the Pilot, who was never found.
On June 28th 1942, a lone Curtiss P-40 Kittyhawk bearing the 260 Squadron “HS” squadron code and the aircraft letter “B” settled down over a wide and remote expanse of North African sand desert called Al Wadi al Jadid. Perhaps low on fuel, perhaps lost, or with mechanical problems, the RAF pilot chose to land in the vast North African Sahara. With his landing gear locked down, he flared low over the sand and settled onto it. The gear snapped off, the desert camouflaged P-40 collapsed onto its belly and slid for a hundred meters or more shedding its radiators and propeller hub. The pilot was never seen again...
This pilot was almost certainly Flight Sergeant Dennis Copping of 260 Squadron, a 24 year old son of a British dentist who went missing while ferrying this aircraft for repairs in 1942. See links for more on this story.

VBwOMCB.jpg

C7WGjWW.jpg

znQPfqL.jpg

The model was a P-40d so certain details differ slightly from the one we have in - game so one COULD say that the skin is 'semi - historical', I digress...
Have fun and shoot straight mates from Raptorattacker!

Download HERE

4k Template by @ICDP Thanks mate, great job!!
Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Would someone be able to do Wing Commander Dick Cresswell's P-40 E, with which he scored the first ever RAAF victory and first ever night victory over Australia?

PYND48025.jpg

• Upvote 1

@szelljr DAMN!! Never mind, I'm half a way through so I might as well finish it!! Nice job, by the way.

Lol :rolleyes: Yes pls finish it!! More variations is better.  :salute:

• Upvote 1

Lol :rolleyes: Yes pls finish it!! More variations is better.  :salute:

Done! I'll post it up in a while. Just need to get some screenshots done...   :)

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Upvote 2

Wing Commander Richard Cresswell (DFC, DFC-US, AM-US) was well known, and widely respected, as an RAAF operational fighter

squadron commander during the period of the Second World War, and more particularly in the Korea war. The high standard of his leadership and exceptional ability as a fighter pilot, together with his tenacity and drive in the air, and on the ground, set a fine example for his contemporaries that has rarely, if ever, been equaled.

Dick Cresswell was born in Tasmania and joined the pre-war RAAF in 1938 as a cadet to train as a pilot. When the second war broke out he was quickly promoted to Squadron Leader. In 1942 he became the first operational commanding officer of No 77 Squadron in Perth, Western Australia at the tender age of 21.

The RAAF base at Pearce was crowded so he took over a Perth golf course, joined two fairways to create a runway and used the clubhouse and nearby houses for accommodation. That airfield, still in use, is now called Guildford.

Later, when he had to move his squadron to Darwin, he again took the initiative: knowing the RAAF supply system was overloaded and the base at Darwin overstretched he sent a team to Adelaide to buy everything from teapots and tents to a tonne of beer, and the trucks to carry it all north. On arrival, the base commander passed on a message from the RAAF's chief, air marshal George Jones, asking: "What took you so long?" With customary directness, the recently appointed squadron leader Cresswell replied: "With respect sir, tell the chief to look at a map."

Previously he had flown a very worn out ex-USAAF P-40, and he was excited to have brand-new equipment. The aircraft that is the subject of this skin was chosen personally by Cresswell from a group of brand-new aircraft that had been built to British specifications with British instruments and equipment. He took this particular aircraft because the “13” in the serial number spooked some of the more superstitious pilots in the unit and he intended to disprove their fears.

These aircraft arrived with type A and type A2 RAF roundels on the wings and fuselage. After a few accidental friendly fire incidents (the USN tried to shoot down an RAAF Catalina) it was decided to remove the red from the RAF roundels and fin flashes.

zPWCjPE.jpg

9LZr9ew.jpg

uj0bMZt.jpg

vJPXWGG.jpg

Download HERE

Once again, many thanks to @ICDP for the 4K Template!

• Upvote 1