P-40 E Skins

Here's my first attempt at an historical skin

W.I.P

t3uifn0g.0i5.png

amepzpid.kk5.png

bpzcd01b.gna.png

hucjrjnh.zzg.jpg

• Upvote 2

I would increase the contrast between the 2 camo colors, probably by lightening the gray. I'd also re-check the blue of the roundel, it seems too light. Good job otherwise ;)

PS: when showing skins, take screenshots in full daylight. Sunsets can mask the real shade of colors.

Can people use the "better" or more detailed tire textures for their skins please? :D

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

I would increase the contrast between the 2 camo colors, probably by lightening the gray. I'd also re-check the blue of the roundel, it seems too light. Good job otherwise PS: when showing skins, take screenshots in full daylight. Sunsets can mask the real shade of colors.

Thanks Reflected. Yes the Grey needs to be lighter, and yeah Sunset looks purty, but I see what you mean about the lighting.

In terms of the roundels,in general R.N.Z.A.F aircraft had lighter blue in the roundels (especially on home service). Most of the psd templates I have found reflect this.

Can people use the "better" or more detailed tire textures for their skins please? :D

Will do, once I find the link. I had seen it, but forgotten about it. :)

I will get into editing Alpha Channels eventually too. All I have done so far is edit the Alpha created before exporting to dds.

Hello all. Been reading the forum here and I first of all want to say that I very impressed with all the work that has been put into the paint jobs and skins. Was just wondering if all these skins and templates were historically accurate or if some of them were custom. Also was just curious as to what was involved in working on my own skins. Been playing BOS for a while but haven't paid attention to the goings on forums and news wise. :)

There differently painted cowling is really cool, but there's something funny going on with the camp pattern, It don't line up.

Yeah I know, funny thing is that it's 777's .psd file. I did not edit the camo pattern. I'm going to have to fiddle with it.

Yep the mapping is screwy in the top of the nose. I only post what they give me. You can make it work, I did on a personal skin. Takes a little effort. Use the wireframe layer to help.

Jason 

• Upvote 2

I use pat Wilson´d Campaign Generator and am currently assigned to 126.IAP, Beketovka.
our P-40´s have various sources - some have been delivered to us directly via Siberia, but well over half of them have been "dumped" in our lap by other units who got La´s or Yak´s.
Each of us has a slightly different Paintjob, which makes recognition easier in Formation flight.

Here are our Rides.

image.jpg

image.jpg

on the Battlefield, even ONE matters (can make a difference) - she got het rear end chewed off once.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

"victory"  on a red banner overlaying a Brandenburg gate.
I doubt his clapped out beast ever makes it to Berlin though.

image.jpg

He likes his Rims...

image.jpg

Krystal Export

http://eng.kristall.ru/
He is a shitty pilot. Go figure why.

But in his drunken rage he did a taran once - so...

image.jpg

• Upvote 3

special Thanks to Pierre for Wheels and Prop Stickers

My pleasure !

Very very good skins.

Edited by Pierre64

Here's a rarity:

A Kittyhawk MK IV of No 3 Squadron RAAF after the Invasion of Italy.

I'd only see the southern cross on a mustang before, so this was an exciting find:

Download here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?cdst5d4exbtidrd

Nice. You probably want to move the roundel up so the centre aligns with the canopy rail and squash the lettering a bit. The camo colours look spot on as do the other markings. Not sure about the rudder blue - looks a bit pale and turquoise.

For all the MediaFire junkies - please do yourselves (and us) a favour and get a BitBucket or GitHub account. They are free, you can store anything you want and it is a revision control system so you can go back in time to various versions of your files. They also simplify the process of obtaining zipped archives of whole collections.

If anyone wants help with using git send me a PM.

Edited by Dave

Hi everyone,

Gee, theres some nice paint jobs in here, Thank You S!

The images below relate to a paintjob I tried out in the past. At present, I'm in the process of improving the older file.

Here take a look at the progress so far:

post-23608-0-72980800-1459098393_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-84194200-1459098368_thumb.jpg

Happy to share this paintjob soon.

Regards,

• Upvote 2

That looks gorgeous boomerang! I await its release :D 

Hello S!

If your keen, take a look at the file in Photo shop or simular.

Here's what I have been up to: 

The shading and tint on the rear windows of the fuselage (behind the canopy)

All decals I made in the past, but I remade the Roundels and the Numbering from scratch, I even made the wheel rims with locking nuts and pins  :)

The Alpha Channel was customised to give the Roundels/Decals and Metal parts on the plane a shinier appearance, (this applies to scratches etc. as well ). 

Screenshots :)

post-23608-0-68638800-1459195850_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-52271800-1459195889_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-48166000-1459195935_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-03599700-1459195958_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-38473100-1459195981_thumb.jpg

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/c7aycv4ku5vmp/Plane_Skins

The file is called: P40E1USAAC.7z

Have fun :)

Regards,

Boomerang

• Upvote 1

Another Bare Metal P40, although the under surfaces are painted sky grey:

This one is a survivor from Canada.

George Maude bought this aircraft from the RCAF as surplus for $50 in 1946.

George used to run the engine on this aircraft once a month.

After George passed away in 2013 his family has listed the aircraft up for sale.

Price on application if you're interested: http://www.classicwings.com/aircraftsales-P-40E-polished.php

MQ8x0QA.jpg

Download here:

https://bitbucket.org/Gremlin_Gus/p40-skins/downloads/P40E1_George%20Maude.dds

• Upvote 7

Another late war RAAF Kittyhawk,

this time from 86th Squadron at Bohle River airstrip in North Queensland, Australia, early 1945.

zY0AvgN.jpgIwlac18.jpg

Download from here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?mvc7qcmdc3ucxsz

This is awesome, Bohle River airstrip is located in Townsville were I grew up. After the war it was turned into a drag strip for cars. Its now a housing estate, however when they redeveloped it they found huge amounts of old ammo just buried in big dumps. 

I think 86sqn were given Mustangs late in the war though. 

Going to use this skin

Since the BoM beta dropped I decided to do some grinding for the official skins. After a few hours I had the Caldwell skin and I have to say it is pretty disappointing. I'm pushing on with my super-awesome-skin-service-thingy with renewed vigour so we can all benefit from these community skins in MP. I'll be looking for testers in a bit. Specifically I will need a server host to help me test.

Dave,

Surely you mean 3SQN?

112 RAF (Empire Air Training Scheme)

UNK IAP, W35, Pilot UNK, 1944

• Fixed camo alignment across the nose
  • Real propeller blade used as texture
  • Custom dirt and grime
  • New stars
  • Reworked paint

2016_6_30__3_33_29.png

2016_6_30__3_34_25.png

DOWNLOAD: @SNBF_UNK IAP_W35.zip