Han

Game version 1.103 discussion: P-40E-1 in early access

Just pulled out from a fast dive in a p40 as hard as I could (full backstick) and didn't experience and G related effects such as blacking out... ? 

Try to trim up pitch.

• Upvote 1

My PC is down for a cleaning ( alost literally) so no P-40 for a day or two.In the meantime can someone do a quick track or two of the plane in action? Screenshots undoubtedly on the way.

Maybe in the meantime clever mission builders can knock out a mission or two for the new addition?  ;)

I was turning pretty hard, not saying it isn't there just I couldnt get it in a p40 pulling a pretty hard and fast turn. Will test in other planes now =D Although I am sure its there haha

Guys,

I'll have the template out as soon as possible. Give me a day or two.

Jason

Excellent news .thank you Jason. :salute:

~S~ Everyone,

Over the moon for the P-40 (and the many other features / fixes included in v1.103)! :salute: 

Bo_S_p40_Over_the_Moon.jpg

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the P40!

Just watch it from outside and then turn on your landing light - it moves out of the wing!

I just love this little details - thank you very much!

:salute:

Flo

Guys,

I'll have the template out as soon as possible. Give me a day or two.

Jason

Great!

Thanks

Another thing unmentioned is the change in the 109's engine sound. The "turbine" sound has got a new sample and is noticeably quieter than the previous screechy noise. While not ultimatly sounding the way it does in recordings it's less painfull to hear and a step in the right direction. Wonder why this hasn't been mentioned though as it effects both the 109s as well as the Macchi.

• Upvote 1

Dont be so eager :D we just got a new bird, be grateful for that 

I'm just kinda happy for the bug fixing and that's all, I didn't pre-order anything.

WHY WHY WHY AM I STILL AT WORK... MUST COME UP WITH A NIFTY EXCUSE TO GET OUT EARLY!!!

Great news! Thanks for this update. Can't wait for the summer map :)

Great update! seem to have very good performance improvement, able to run easily on Ultra at 4K using GTX970 def could not do that previously :)

however word of warning for those using terrain.cfg edit at 4K, (or high res settings)  the all 8192 setting was using way more than 4GB Vram + 10GB pagefile and causing issues

ditching the terrain.cfg edit and going back to normal 4 X terrain is giving great image quality now with max 2.8GB Vram, seems to be an improvement there with defaults or maybe just is good fps at 4k

Anyway very happy :) getting great performance and Very good image quality

Cheers Dakpilot

Dear Dev's,

Thanks for P-40 on schedule (woohoo!) and important fixes. D/L'd fast.

Your team sustains an amazing pace of cures and advancements. You fix stuff that I didn't know had a problem. Your attention to detail is why I bought this sim.

More than happy to be part of the BOS/BOM community.

Fly happy! Never be afraid to escape a bad situation.

~S~

Strider

• Upvote 1

Heya,

C6_Zorkaiev gave me and heads up and It seems like one now must Check Entities to make Complex Trigger works in MP too.

abbad3fab3b3d3a0fc2d01cd0f0aa1f6.png

Could anyone confirm (dev team preferably)?

Great patch anyway, love your product 777!

Eggs celent, will download and flash up this afternoon as soon as my grandpa ba y sitting duties are complete.

Wanted to express my appreciation for the latest aircraft added the P-40. I have enjoyed the sim immensely before today ( as SP), and even more after the P-40 and the additional corrections. Keep up the outstanding work.

Is there a way to tone down the battle frount lines and arrows and extra stuff on the map? Also, it used to remember the zoom level  and location I was at. Now the map centers on a specific point and goes to a default view. So I have to rezoom/move the map every time I reference it. As nice as all the other stuff is, the new changes make using the map more difficult. Just make the frount line a red/blue line, much thinner and don't add all the other stuff.

In fact if you could make it so that we could put the map on a second monitor and rotate it / zoom / move it around that would be even better.

I used to print off all the maps in IL2 1946. That was the cats meow. It makes it soooo much easier to navigate if you can orient the map to the direction you are flying. And when you are doing pacific theater you can add nav lines with flight times/headings on the map. Made it pretty cool.

But as it is now, the maps are obscured and a disadvantage for navigation. Sorry.

Almost as happy about the AI fixes as I am about the P-40. Thanks team!

Also the improved campaign map is a great addition.

Regards

Albino

The P-40 is extremely well done. Visually on pair with the A2A P-40. And thats something! The Model and the Cockpit are absolutely marvelous. The Engine sound is propably the best of all the given BoS/BoM Aircraft, but there is still a little room for improvement, but it's just complaining on a very high level.

You've done an outstanding job creating this in such an amazing short time!!!

Thank you so much guys, I've been waiting for this!!!  Been flying for a couple of hours and the P-40 is everything EVERYONE else said .... and MORE!     :salute:  :salute:  :salute: 

Edited by clayman