ECV56_Moro

MCUs Counter BUG

I have trouble using the MCUs Counter, it has a bug where duplicate values and no longer know how to correct it.

For example if one sets the MCUs with a value of 12, the same is triggered to destroy four objects.

Anyone know how to remedy

Thank you

Hi Moro,

I'm not quite sure what your MCU set up looks like. Can you describe the connections in more detail or post the mission?

Jim

Edited by JimTM

Thanks for the post. No problem about the English Moro.

Is the purpose of your mission to display the message after four trucks are killed? I tried your mission with the counter set to 4 and it works ok.

What "duplicate values" are you referring to? Duplicate messages?   

What are you referring to by "...the same is triggered...", the same message?

Jim

I use a score of 12 values, but when 4 or 6 trucks destroyed jump marker I are missing the rest.

why you send the mission with the counter value is 8 and you will see that if you destroy the 4 trucks subtitle is equally active

yo utilizo un marcador de 12 valores, pero cuando se destruye 4 o 6 camiones salta el marcador, me estan faltando el resto.

por eso te envie la mision con el valor del contador es 8, y veras que si destruyes los 4 camiones se activa el subtitulo igualmente

It seems the OnKilled event is sometimes raised more than once per vehicle. To avoid problems with that I usually do:

Vehicle1 -> OnKilled -> counter 1x -> counter N
                                         ^
...                                      |
VehicleN -> OnKilled -> counter 1x ------+

But even that is not enough in theory. It is possible that multiple vehicles get killed in the same simulation cycle. This can happen if vehicle are close to eachother and you drop a 1000kg bomb on them. I have never experienced that, but AbortedMan has reported seeing that problem. This could in theory be solved by inserting counters with different values:

Vehicle1 -> OnKilled -> counter 1x -> timer 1s -> counter N
                                                   ^
                                                   |
Vehicle2 -> OnKilled -> counter 1x -> timer 2s ----+

Of course, that's not perfect either, if Vehicle1 is killed exactly 1s before Vehicle2. Hopefully this case is unlikely enough that nobody notices that.

Edited by coconut
  • Upvote 1

coconut thanks. Yesterday I modified by your first solution, though, and it worked properly, I hope.

This bug has been reported? It knows if the developers will be working on?

Thank you

I have trouble using the MCUs Counter, it has a bug where duplicate values and no longer know how to correct it.
For example if one sets the MCUs with a value of 12, the same is triggered to destroy four objects.
Anyone know how to remedy
Thank you

It happened to me too.
I did what I was told by Coconut, but I used a Triger Time.

Counter.jpg

Thanks Coconut and Otto for your information. I hope the devs can fix this bug so we can avoid the extra logic. Documenting this weirdness can be a challenge! :-)

However, I suppose Coconut's extra timers may still be needed to avoid the possibility of simultaneous OnKilled messages.

Cheers!

Edited by JimTM