Jason_Williams

This is where we will discuss PWCG for BOS

@3instein: November is still looking promising for a first release.

@Nihilist: Something will be more publicly available soon.  All of the menu backgrounds are simple JPEGS.  I use period graphics, posters, paintings, etc for the background images.  Feel free to have a go.

Per skins, right out of the box I will not have skins assigned,  However, if somebody can give me feedback associating skins with squadrons I will make an effort to do something.  For every squadron I need a skin that is in more or less generic squadron colors.  Then I can take any other squadron skins that are a bit more specific, but not the skins of well known aces.  Finally, skins for aces.

I JG 3: Me109 F4

I JG 51 FW190 A3

I JG 52 Me109 F4

III JG 52 Me109 F4

I JG 53 Me109 G2

I StG77 Ju87

I StG2 Ju87

II StG2 Ju87

III StG2 Ju87

III KG4 He111

I KG27 He111

II KG51 He111

III KG56 He111

II KG76 He111

III KG76 He111

220 IAD Yak 1

235 IAD Lagg 3

268 IAD Lagg 5

269 IAD Lagg 3

283 IAD Yak 1

287 IAD Lagg 5

206 ShAD IL2

226 ShAD IL2

228 ShAD IL2

291 ShAD IL2

214 ShAD IL2

267 ShAD IL2

140 BAD PE2

779 BAD PE2

284 BAD PE2

270 BAD PE2

What I need should take the form of skin file name: plane type : Unit : other info

Me109_IIIJG52 : Me109 F4 : III JG 52 : generic squadron skin

Me109_IIIJG52 : Me109 F4 : III JG 52 : personal skin

Me109_MySkin : Me109 F4 : Any : historically accurate skin not tied to any squadron

You get the idea.  I only use historical or historically plausible skins.  Nothing rainbow colored, etc.

@3instein: November is still looking promising for a first release.

Thanks very much for the info Pat, I am so looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us SP guys.

Mick. :russian_ru:

I've flown Pat's ROF version for years now...love it.  So I was ecstatic when I heard the BOS news.  I fired up the Beta...changed the config to my liking, and took off.  Or tried to.  I sat on the runway...and my engine quit.  And it took forever to restart.  I noticed that my wingmen's engines stopped, too.  So, I'm not sure if that's a bug, or the fact that I haven't played in awhile and I messed up the engine start.  Eventually the thing starts, and I'm airborne.

Anyway, no sooner than I got my gear up, I see tracers streaking by my canopy.  3 fw190s come screaming down on my flight.  I managed to damage one, and the others buggered off.

So it's still early, but I see a great future in SP now.   :)

I've flown Pat's ROF version for years now...love it.  So I was ecstatic when I heard the BOS news.  I fired up the Beta...changed the config to my liking, and took off.  Or tried to.  I sat on the runway...and my engine quit.  And it took forever to restart.  I noticed that my wingmen's engines stopped, too.  So, I'm not sure if that's a bug, or the fact that I haven't played in awhile and I messed up the engine start.  Eventually the thing starts, and I'm airborne.

Were you at Yak-1? I have noticed that too with Yak, they stop engines at the beginning of the mission and then start again. 

Huh, I thought PWGC was airstart arm,, how did you start on the runway?

Set airstart=0 in the advanced config menu.

Runway start generally works great btw.

I've seen some issues with Yak-1s shutting off their engines and slowly restart them on the runway, greatly prolonging take-off time and often making us miss the assigned target.

Other than that it works fine.

Huh, I thought PWGC was airstart arm,, how did you start on the runway?

I usually default to runway start but I changed it to air start for the initial test versions.  It will default back to runway in Beta 3.

I'm so excited to hear that PWCG is gearing up for BoS... I had so much fun in RoF!

I'm so excited to hear that PWCG is gearing up for BoS... I had so much fun in RoF!

Go ahead and grab it.  I am tweaking it but it works very well.

Hi Patrick,

i am very exited to hear about your work. When finished it will be a perfect generator. I will follow your work!

One question if you dont mind. Do you plan to add some more medals like the German Cross in silver and gold?

Thank you

The German Cross in Silver was only awarded for non-frontline duties. As such it should not be part of a pilot's medal case unless he worked in a logistical or administrative function in the hinterland for quite some time. Which, as you can imagine, would be a considerable oddity and should not really be depicted.

• Upvote 1

Read my mind. Can't wait for the new seasons to be plugged in.

When summer and autumn are implemented, it's a quite long campaign. It's going to be sweet!

Edited by Zami

Pat, is there any chance to add BoM's currently available planes into your splendid work (assuming their presence would be historically plausible), without actually waiting for BoM's theatre to be released?

Imagine using this brilliant tool over the new maps coming today:D

Correct me if Im wrong but I think Pat said it wouldn't be compatible just yet. Not sure how difficult it would be to add, but when that's all put together, mein leben ist komplett

Nice one Pat, been a fan of your stuff for a very long time.

Loving the work so far.

I just want to know when final veersion is available- am downloading Beta now.Hope I can figure out how the derned thing work! ;)

hi guys. i started working with this great campaign tool yesterday and after 20 or so missions i have to ask. In every single mission the enemy starts out with an altitude advantage. Is this intended? 

Also, maybe the standard chance for more skilled pilots should be higher. Most of the time the planes on my squadron just keep dying. Feels like fighting completely on your own

Edited by Asgar

hi guys. i started working with this great campaign tool yesterday and after 20 or so missions i have to ask. In every single mission the enemy starts out with an altitude advantage. Is this intended? 

I have noticed this too. Enemy has altitude advantage in most cases.

RoF has the same behavior.  Ever notice that the WP marker always seems to be well above you?  The AI places a premium on getting to the WP location and not climbing to the WP altitude.  As a result you are rarely at WP altitude in your missions.  It seems worse in BoS than RoF, but exists in both.  When an enemy flight spawns they are at WP altitude, therefore above you.

I could generate some climb out WPs around the airfield  to get to altitude before heading out.  That would result in longer missions but you would be at a better altitude before heading to the front.

• Upvote 2

I could generate some climb out WPs around the airfield  to get to altitude before heading out.  That would result in longer missions but you would be at a better altitude before heading to the front.

That would probably be the better solution, no?

• Upvote 2

RoF has the same behavior.  Ever notice that the WP marker always seems to be well above you?  The AI places a premium on getting to the WP location and not climbing to the WP altitude.  As a result you are rarely at WP altitude in your missions.  It seems worse in BoS than RoF, but exists in both.  When an enemy flight spawns they are at WP altitude, therefore above you.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe it could be an option in the advanced settings? "add climbing WP to missions" something like that. (if it's feasible from a technical stand point) for the people who don't want the missions to be longer

Edited by Asgar

Sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe it could be an option in the advanced settings? "add climbing WP to missions" something like that. (if it's feasible from a technical stand point) for the people who don't want the missions to be longer

Beat you to it :).  I added GenerateClimbWP as an advanced parameter.  By default it is set to 1 to create the climb WPs.  Set it to zero if you just want to go.

• Upvote 3

Beat you to it :).  I added GenerateClimbWP as an advanced parameter.  By default it is set to 1 to create the climb WPs.  Set it to zero if you just want to go.

perfect  :salute:  thanks for your hard work good sir! Your tool really makes the single player part of the game playable.

• Upvote 1

I am always well above the WP marker in RoF since I circle around to 2.5 km close to my base area before heading off to the first WP. ;)

Are you going to put this (excellent and much awaited) new feature in your next version PWCG for RoF - I have always found that the insistence of the AI flight leader in heading straight towards WP without concern for height makes playing any rank other than squadron leader extremely tiresome. 

Hello Patrick, I'd like to ask if the start of a mission can be on the runway somewhere in the future.

I hate airstarts, but I understand it's in Beta. Just asking if you plan to make runway, or parked starts possible.

Thanks anyway for this jewel of a tool.

I have been porting lessons learned in BoS back to RoF, so yes, this will make it.

Great to hear this! Hope devs will make same approch to game itself :)

I just saw in mission limits I can start from the ground. Did not see this earlier, so please disregard my post #114.

I just saw in mission limits I can start from the ground. Did not see this earlier, so please disregard my post #114.

In the release version runway takeoffs will be the default.

• Upvote 1

Go into advanced config and go to: Mission Limits -> Always Air Start... change the 1 to a 0.

I'm flying as Axis and my wingman start prefectly every time. Just formation flying seems next to impossible for me.

Well, it's not quite all right yet.

Took of as number 4 on a Stuka mission.

All ac took off all right, but as soon as they were airborne slowed down to almost stall speed, in fact number 3 crashed and the others circled the airfield indefinitely.

I guess in time it will all iron out.

I'm glad the program works and there's something good coming up for the offline gang.

Edited by Bando

...and one more question concerning the Pat Wilson Campaign Generator - in the readme it says: "make sure that Java-7 is installed". The thing is, I can only find Java-8. Is it also ok if I install Java-8 instead of Java-7 ? And what does it mean if it says: "make sure that logs are enabled in BoS", which logs, where to find them ? Sorry I`m not that good in such things.