Jump to content
Jason_Williams

This is where we will discuss PWCG for BOS

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, vanson77 said:

Pat do you see any chance to modify the rate of reinforcements of enemy squadrons? I have begun a Tempest career, and after relatively short time all enemy squadrons were wiped out. i left for 3 month and only a third of them were replentished. Several other careers developed quite similar after some time.
This results in leaving more than half of the time of the campaign, and even then i have to hope for enemy contacts because they are so rare. I know i could make additional pilots, even on enemy side, but honestly that´s not what i want.

Sadly i have to go back to built in career mode for now, at least there i have enemies to fight. I really hope you can fix this somehow, maybe a factor in settings or something similar, because other than that i really enjoy PWCG.

 

BR

 

I did round 1 of tweaking and will definitely continue to do so, as things are not resolved yet.  The goal is to get to a point where enemy losses might result in no opposition for a week or so but not much beyond that.  Can you zip up and post your campaign?  I would like to take a look at the state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vanson77 said:

Pat do you see any chance to modify the rate of reinforcements of enemy squadrons? I have begun a Tempest career, and after relatively short time all enemy squadrons were wiped out. i left for 3 month and only a third of them were replentished. Several other careers developed quite similar after some time.
This results in leaving more than half of the time of the campaign, and even then i have to hope for enemy contacts because they are so rare. I know i could make additional pilots, even on enemy side, but honestly that´s not what i want.

Sadly i have to go back to built in career mode for now, at least there i have enemies to fight. I really hope you can fix this somehow, maybe a factor in settings or something similar, because other than that i really enjoy PWCG.

 

BR

 

I have been experiencing the same in my Spit MK IX and P-51 Campaigns in Bodenplatte.

I have basically sidelined them for now. Recently began a P-47 Campaign there as well and whilst so far been mainly doing ground pounding I expect I will

run into it there also, still early on in the campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far this seems to be a Bodenplatte thing.  Might still  be due to having both fronts active at the same time although I thought the new code would deal with that.  Still, it math, and math can be changed if it's not producing the desired result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've flown a coop mission with my squadron. We had to meet with some Pe-2 and escort them. We've met with them but they just kept flying in circles. What were supposed to do?

 

PWCG version is 10.0.1, but we had the same problem with a previous version, can't remember which version was.

 

I attach the mission.

Cooperative.rar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it new in 10.2 that there are victories and losses of other squadron members mentioned in the AAR of my mission?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, vonGraf said:

Is it new in 10.2 that there are victories and losses of other squadron members mentioned in the AAR of my mission?

 

No.  10.2 was pretty much all Briefing UI.  I did a little with Debrief look but nothing with the data being presented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

No.  10.2 was pretty much all Briefing UI.  I did a little with Debrief look but nothing with the data being presented.

 

Ok, then I haven't seen it before in the previous versions. I had two mentionings of other squadron members in my AAR (who had sorties at the same time?) and wasn't sure if it's meant this way. Or already a part of an upcoming new feature or so. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, vonGraf said:

 

Ok, then I haven't seen it before in the previous versions. I had two mentionings of other squadron members in my AAR (who had sorties at the same time?) and wasn't sure if it's meant this way. Or already a part of an upcoming new feature or so. 🙂

I've noticed the same recently. I'm flying in II/JG52 and in AAR I can also see the results of I/JG52 pilots. I thought it was odd as I hadn't enabled the full briefing, but I guess this behavior is expected then based on Pat's answer.

Edited by Nadelbaum
Corrected II/JG53 to II/JG52
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

SOLVED  -  hadn't clicked waypoints

 

 

HI,  Just discovered this tool - looks amazing but I'm struggling to get it working.  Once I'm at the point where I have a missions briefing for a Coop FC campaign - I can't progress... there is no option to "create mission".  It feels like there is a button missing

 

Update - tried it for BoM too --- same.  Feel like I'm missing something

Edited by OR-Firefly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/13/2020 at 1:37 PM, Nadelbaum said:

I've noticed the same recently. I'm flying in II/JG52 and in AAR I can also see the results of I/JG52 pilots. I thought it was odd as I hadn't enabled the full briefing, but I guess this behavior is expected then based on Pat's answer.

 

We may be talking around each other. 

1. The map debrief is supposed to give you all possible information tied to any plane in the mission.

2. pressing full details (or whatever I called it) on the map debrief gives you all available information about air and ground units in the mission.

3. Once you hit debrief complete you are presented with a  bunch of documents and such.  These are supposed to be for your squadron, both in mission and out of mission.  These should not include players from other squadrons.

 

The delineation between the mission debrief and the "this is what happened during the intervening time period" segments might not be as clear a line as it should be.  Hope that clarifies.  If you do see information from another squadron in the reports (after the mission debrief map) zip it up and post it.

 

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your amazing contribution to il2.

I have a question, it seems like on too frequent a basis, as i just take-off and on my way to the

first waypoint, there are enemies already present.

It feels like they are campers if it were online play.

Is there a way to correct this situation?

I never get a scramble mission notice, yet enemies are nearby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has happened a couple of times: I'm number two on the runway, but we don't get clearance to take off. 

I can takeoff normally. As soon as I start my roll, the tower will clear me to takeoff, but my mates (including the flight lead) will remain on the runway. In fact, I can complete the  mission and return -- they'll still be waiting on the runway for me.

 

 

Thanks for the help.

Butcher202009250809369.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, YouBet said:

This has happened a couple of times: I'm number two on the runway, but we don't get clearance to take off. 

I can takeoff normally. As soon as I start my roll, the tower will clear me to takeoff, but my mates (including the flight lead) will remain on the runway. In fact, I can complete the  mission and return -- they'll still be waiting on the runway for me.

 

 

Thanks for the help.

Butcher202009250809369.zip 473.28 kB · 0 downloads

 

Does your pilot make the "xxx 2, ready for takeoff" call? If not, you might not have taxied to the correct place on the runway - you need to be reasonably close to the #1 plane, slightly behind and to one side. If your pilot does make the call but the #4 plane doesn't, you're probably a bit too far back and blocking #4 from getting into place.

 

Unfortunately the game requires you to hit a specific circle on the ground after taxiing for all the planes to take off, and there's no way to highlight where that spot is that I've found...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the response, Murleen.

 

I had selected runway start, so I hadn't taxied at all -- Could it be that my aircraft was positioned too wide when the mission was generated? We are at the very large airfield outside Brussels (Melsbroek).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YouBet said:

Thank you for the response, Murleen.

 

I had selected runway start, so I hadn't taxied at all -- Could it be that my aircraft was positioned too wide when the mission was generated? We are at the very large airfield outside Brussels (Melsbroek).

 

 

 

No, for runway starts positioning should be fine - there are some weird game bugs where sometimes planes refuse to take off or taxi, this could be one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YouBet said:

Thank you for the response, Murleen.

 

I had selected runway start, so I hadn't taxied at all -- Could it be that my aircraft was positioned too wide when the mission was generated? We are at the very large airfield outside Brussels (Melsbroek).

 

 

 

Does this happen every time on this runway or is it intermittent?  If it happens every time we might have got positioning wrong for that particular runway, although one would think that this would be visually obvious.  With runway start I have found the game to be forgiving.  For instance, on  runway I am taking off from now the last plane is in the grass.  Doesn't cause a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has happened twice on this same runway, but (unfortunately?) it doesn't happen every time on this runway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, randybutternubs said:

any plans to incorporate the new haze settings at dusk/dawn or certain weather condtions? would be really neat

 

Have not looked into that yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi friend,
I recently started using your application and I have a question. Excuse me if it is obvious or has been asked other times. In a first mission of a Russian squad (15th) there are to choose LaGG and La5. But in the second mission they only appear to choose the La5, without all the LaGG having been destroyed. Is there a way to get the LaGG back in the campaign?
Thank you for your great work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LF_Tirantfoc said:

Hi friend,
I recently started using your application and I have a question. Excuse me if it is obvious or has been asked other times. In a first mission of a Russian squad (15th) there are to choose LaGG and La5. But in the second mission they only appear to choose the La5, without all the LaGG having been destroyed. Is there a way to get the LaGG back in the campaign?
Thank you for your great work.

 

PWCG replaces lesser planes with better ones if they are available at the depo.  So you got an upgrade.  At the moment there is no way to get the older types back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your prompt response. That is a problem for us. Not all participants in the campaign have La5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2020 at 6:54 AM, PatrickAWlson said:

 

Have not looked into that yet.

Please do, it's a game changer in terms of making the environment appear more realistic. Some distant haze makes it more beautiful as well!

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2020 at 1:40 AM, Toriatrix said:

I simply don't understand why ALL my missions fail. Even if all return to base, after completing a successful patrol. 

 

 maybe the game fails, not you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jollyjack said:

 

 maybe the game fails, not you?

 

Raising that one from the dead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pat.

I prefer the air start in my campaigns and since the last PWCG update I have a little problem in escort and escorted missions because the rendezvous point is very far back and away now from where the air start is; usually short before the frontline. Is it maybe possible to place this point nearer to the rendezvous area in one of the coming updates?

Would be much appreciated from my side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vonGraf said:

Hi Pat.

I prefer the air start in my campaigns and since the last PWCG update I have a little problem in escort and escorted missions because the rendezvous point is very far back and away now from where the air start is; usually short before the frontline. Is it maybe possible to place this point nearer to the rendezvous area in one of the coming updates?

Would be much appreciated from my side.

 

That was an oversight on my part.  I'll but something in to move air start rendezvous  back towards the front.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pat,

 

I have been playing your brilliant PWCG for a month or so but since PWCG for BoS 11.1.0, and now PWCG for BoS 11.2.0 came out I am flying on ground attack missions as an VVS IL-2 1941 pilot at Stalingrad (March-April 1942). When my (AI) flight reaches the specified target area they simply circle 3 or 4 times around the intended target area then RTB. There are no enemy flights, AAA fire or ground targets in or near the area. Can you help as this was working ok previously. Thanks. 

Edited by jamiegrover1973
Solved the problem. I needed to scan integrity of files using Steam. Now it all works again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I experienced the first time (in 120 missions in PWCG) that my AI wingmen did call out enemies from 10 km on! (all the time before there was only the 'near' message)

That's really cool. And on top of that the muting function of the radio voices is working again too, very helpful when someone shouts 'target destroyed' for a minute repeatedly. Two days ago this all still wasn't the case.

The only change from my side was a verification of the game files in Steam (I do that once a week) and for that I have to un-/reload my ton of mods. The reloaded mods have no special order and changes every time I do that (depending on my mood).

Maybe I should make a snapshot of the load order this time, if this is the reason for the 'fix' at all.

I hope it stays.

Edited by vonGraf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2020 at 2:45 PM, jamiegrover1973 said:

Hi Pat,

 

I have been playing your brilliant PWCG for a month or so but since PWCG for BoS 11.1.0, and now PWCG for BoS 11.2.0 came out I am flying on ground attack missions as an VVS IL-2 1941 pilot at Stalingrad (March-April 1942). When my (AI) flight reaches the specified target area they simply circle 3 or 4 times around the intended target area then RTB. There are no enemy flights, AAA fire or ground targets in or near the area. Can you help as this was working ok previously. Thanks. 

 

Can you press "Report Error" and post the zip?  Either that or just tell me the squadron and date and I can probably give recreating the issue a go myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pat -here is my latest error report. My ground/air kills are not being accounted for in the PWCG debriefings at the end of my missions although the actual game reports them correctly when I exit the mission in game. T he PWCG reports state, for instance AAA destroyed by 'a vehicle' (when I am 100% certain it was me that destroyed it). Can you help me with this. Here is my Error Report Zip. Thanks in advance.

VVS IL2 Pilot202010182210984.zip

Edited by jamiegrover1973
It seems once again that I have managed to sort the problem. PWCG corrected itself since version 11.3.0. Sorry for wasting your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, wondering if anyone else still not seeing enemy aircraft during mission?

I see some friendlies and plenty of ground activity with both sides but no flying opposition.

I am now using version 11.3.0. and played two missions. Had same problem with 11.1.0.

Have I missed something in configuration set up? I have not altered anything to my knowledge.

Thank you.

PS, I using two carers saved from previous versions. Perhaps this makes a difference?

Start new carer?

2nd Edit. Tried brand new campaign on Russian side and came across enemy aircraft. So perhaps it did have something to do with old saved campaigns?

Good bey old friends then. I never did get many medals anyway!

Edited by hebog5
more information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Patrick.

 

Please add to the game the files with the correct Russian names that I posted earlier. And include the LastNamesRussiaFemale.txt file in the game also.
Wrong names spoil the whole experience of the game.

Names.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2020 at 1:31 PM, hebog5 said:

Hello, wondering if anyone else still not seeing enemy aircraft during mission?

I see some friendlies and plenty of ground activity with both sides but no flying opposition.

I am now using version 11.3.0. and played two missions

 

Yeah, pretty much the same. Have flown ~10 consecutive missions on the Rhein map with no air contacts. Lot of fighting on the the ground, but no bandits.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, YouBet said:

 

Yeah, pretty much the same. Have flown ~10 consecutive missions on the Rhein map with no air contacts. Lot of fighting on the the ground, but no bandits.

 

Thanks.

 

I had better results (I do get missions with plenty of air activity) but still occasional missions with not air activity 11.2.0 - I once saw a whole flight despawn in the distance, so there might be a widespread dispawning issue. I haven't tested 11.3.0 yet but if I understood rightly Pat didn't change anything in relation to that in that version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to your intel screen and verify that enemy units are viable (not red).  If they are then some will be included in your mission.  If not take leave for a week or two (or fly attack missions) and look again.

 

If you are seeing no air opposition you can

1. Make the mission box smaller to compress activity

- Advanced config -> Mission Limits -> Size in km of mission box

2. reduce friendly flights in favor of enemy flights

- Advanced config -> Mission Limits -> Max Allied Flights /  Max Axis Flights

3. If you want more enemy  air activity while doing ground support missions increase max enemy fighter 

- Advanced config -> Mission Limits -> Max Fighter Flights Per Side: Ground Campaign

4. If you want more enemy  air activity while doing fighter missions missions increase max enemy fighter 

- Advanced config -> Mission Limits -> Max Fighter Flights Per Side: Fighter Campaign

 

@hebog5 Doesn't have anything to do with the campaign version but might have something to do with the map and the units available.  Allies have overwhelming air Superiority and PWCG is coded to reduce enemy fighter presence for ground attack missions.  That and the fact that units are overwhelmingly fighter units and not dedicated bombers or ground attackers.  it is definitely different from eastern front.

 

If any of the above is successful please report back.  Those settings work extremely well on the eastern front but may need tweaking in Bodenplatte.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much for your reply and help as usual.

I will do what you suggest this evening.

Much appreciated.

Edit. Have now flown two more JG51 Kuban missions with slightly altered config. Doing it slowly because of fear of breaking!

No enemy aircraft in first of two missions. In the second some appeared on map for very brief period and then vanished. I did "fly"  this mostly with AI so I could watch map for spawning. Blue in evidence as usual.

Will tweak things further later.

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Edited by hebog5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

... If any of the above is successful please report back ...

 

I am going to try this 11.3.0 fresh mission just created .... but if the grass here needs some bug hunting and weeding; pfff, some job!

 

PWG mission ...jpg

Edited by jollyjack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the advanced config there's the 'save AI from itself' setting; is it meant to prevent death from crashes/collisions in the air?

I've read the tooltip but wasn't sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...