Zak

Developer Diary, Part 108 - Discussion

I don't believe we are tweaking FMs for those planes any longer.

Jason

Jason, does this answer mean that the BoM FMs will be still tweaked to the final release. Good to known.

sorry Jason -  dont want to flame you  but ...

Are you kidding us????? I am really angry about to hear this word´s.

The whole community ask for that...

As I mean to know you are the Producer of this Software. You cant do something?

Do you need Customer´s who buys your Simulator Software?

IL2 will die in Future when you ignore what the community wants and needs....

Hope you will try to help us..

Will also pay for that if necessary...

Greets,

Rote

Posted Today, 19:16

Art, on 18 Sept 2015 - 18:55, said:snapback.png

Zak or Han or Jason Can you please answer about Yak flaps and Fw 190 roll rate and climb rate pls?
And nice job!  :salute:

Posted Today, 19:31

Art, on 18 Sept 2015 - 20:27, said:snapback.png

Thanks for answer. But why? I think Fm is important for this game and players trying to help. Ze_Hairy reported fw 190 climb rate. He did test. Look here pls http://forum.il2stur...imb-rate/page-2

Because they apparently don't agree or have time to work on previous planes. Not my call. I just give you the answer.

Jason

Edited by RoteDreizehn
  • Upvote 1

You do not speak for the whole community.  

• Upvote 7

>> You do not speak for the whole community.  

okay - in this case sorry for that!

Posted Today, 20:44

RoteDreizehn, on 18 Sept 2015 - 21:28, said:snapback.png

You do not speak for the whole community.  

Edited by RoteDreizehn

Jason, does this answer mean that the BoM FMs will be still tweaked to the final release. Good to known.

As I have stated before, whenever there is a perceived issue I point it out to the team, Loft, Han, Petrovich etc, and it's up to them to decide to change or not. I am not the final say on such matters with BOS/BOM. And Superghostboy, you speak Russian better than I do from what I can tell, you can ask them on the Russian forum. The answer from me is, nothing has changed with regards to FMs. They are open to fixing big problems, but there is no guarantee they will do everything some users want. I know it's frustrating to some, including me that we can't tweak FMs forever, but that's the situation.

Jason

sorry Jason -  dont want to flame you  but ...

Are you kidding us????? I am really angry about to hear this word´s.

As I mean to know you are the Producer of this Software. You cant do something?

Do you need Customer´s who buys your Simulator Software?

IL2 will die in Future when you ignore what the community wants and needs....

Hope you will try to help us..

Will also pay for that if necessary...

Greets,

Rote

Posted Today, 19:16

Art, on 18 Sept 2015 - 18:55, said:snapback.png

Posted Today, 19:31

Art, on 18 Sept 2015 - 20:27, said:snapback.png

Because they apparently don't agree or have time to work on previous planes. Not my call. I just give you the answer.

Jason

Rote,

With BOS/BOM and 1CGS I am not the final say on FM's. My role is a bit different than what my title may project. Some things I have more ability to change than others. Right now I am focused on helping Pat Wilson get PWCG to BOS and solving other behind the scenes issues that does not involve direct development. That is something I can help with more directly than something like FMs. I do things the team can't do and they do things I can't do. Final say with BOS/BOM lies with Loft. I communicate what I feel the community wants to him and the team as a whole and sometimes changes happen and sometimes not. With ROF it was a bit different, but this is a slightly different company then 2 years ago. I do my best to support what the community wants and I do my best to showcase and market what the team does which is quite an achievement even if not everyone likes our final FMs.

Jason

• Upvote 8

Right now I am focused on helping Pat Wilson get PWCG to BOS and solving other behind the scenes issues that does not involve direct development.

Thanks for doing that!

Hi Jason

thanks for answer! I understand. dont want to insult you. Hope Loft and the Dev´s will help us...

Greets,

Rote

Rote,

With BOS/BOM and 1CGS I am not the final say on FM's. My role is a bit different than what my title may project. Some things I have more ability to change than others. Right now I am focused on helping Pat Wilson get PWCG to BOS and solving other behind the scenes issues that does not involve direct development. That is something I can help with more directly than something like FMs. I do things the team can't do and they do things I can't do. Final say with BOS/BOM lies with Loft. I communicate what I feel the community wants to him and the team as a whole and sometimes changes happen and sometimes not. With ROF it was a bit different, but this is a slightly different company then 2 years ago. I do my best to support what the community wants and I do my best to showcase and market what the team does which is quite an achievement even if not everyone likes our final FMs.

Jason

Do you have a general speculation on when it'll be out?

The P-40 should be out in a couple weeks maybe less, the maps later on.

Jason

Hello Jason,

Please send suggestion to team that a minor improvement in dserver capability to utilize 2 cores instead of 1 would go a long way in helping populate maps with live objects in multiplayer setting. No need for silly dx changes. Thank you, sorry for moving off topic.

• Upvote 3

Its all coming together very nicely! Thanks for all the great work  :salute:

Wow this cockpit looks like straight out of  FS 2002...  :unsure:

Hope this gets much more love before the release.

I also think it looks a bit weird, but the real life cockpit seems to be that way. A bit fo ambient occlusion could help though.

Also, the camera angle doesnt help in the screenshots.

Capture10.jpg

• Upvote 1

I wonder what the pilot is doing in the third picture, wiping his infinitely runny nose, or something else?  

I wouldn't expect him to need to do that in summer for the most part.

Edited by CF-105

The Yanks are coming.

Jason

There is some space for everyone in the sky... 

I wonder what the pilot is doing in the third picture, wiping his infinitely runny nose, or something else?  

I wouldn't expect him to need to do that in summer for the most part.

It's a hold over from the ROF animation. He is wiping his goggles.

OK I have to ask....what are those long thinish panels on top of the wing that run almost parallel to the leading edge?

It's a hold over from the ROF animation. He is wiping his goggles.

And it gives live to the cockpit, making the pilot less static and more human like. Nice feature by the way.

Thanks for answer. But why? I think Fm is important for this game and players trying to help. Ze_Hairy reported fw 190 climb rate. He did test. Look here pls http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17539-fw-190a-3-climb-rate/page-2

Has anyone else done a test to verify he was accurate? Confirmation bias tends to lead to one agree with a single test because they want it to be right.

The 190 was used as a fighter bomber on the east front for a reason.

Edited by FuriousMeow
  • Upvote 1

OK I have to ask....what are those long thinish panels on top of the wing that run almost parallel to the leading edge?

Edit...access to ammunition? 

I also think it looks a bit weird, but the real life cockpit seems to be that way. A bit fo ambient occlusion could help though.

Also, the camera angle doesnt help in the screenshots.

Capture10.jpg

They need to change the artificial Horizon, and Airspeed Indicator. Other then that, looks great.

The picture appears to be a much later version of the AC. The grip on the control stick is different (more modern) and there are lots of other minor details. I haven't done any research to confirm but I'd be willing to bet it is pretty accurate and/or the rivet counters will be posting pictures of the proper generation of P40 over the next two weeks to prove their points one way or the other.

Edited by [LBS]HerrMurf

The picture appears to be a much later version of the AC. The grip on the control stick is different (more modern) and there are lots of other minor details. I haven't done any research to confirm but I'd be willing to bet it is pretty accurate and/or the rivet counters will be posting pictures of the proper generation of P40 over the next two weeks to prove their points one way or the other.

The restored P-40 in question is a P-40E. What's probably the case is there were manufacturing differences in the E-series cockpit as time went by, thus accounting for the differences between the BOM P-40E and the USAF's P-40E (it's part of the collection of the National Museum of the USAF).

The aircraft on display is a Kittyhawk (the export version of the P-40E built for the RAF). It is painted to represent the aircraft flown by then-Col. Bruce Holloway, a pilot in both the Flying Tigers and its successor Army Air Forces unit, the 23rd Fighter Group. This P-40 was obtained from Charles Doyle, Rosemount, Minn.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/MuseumExhibits/FactSheets/Display/tabid/509/Article/196309/curtiss-p-40e-warhawk.aspx

I have liked all cockpits in the BoS so far, good job. Maybe we should wait for a final release before jumping to conclusions :)

Hello Jason,

Please send suggestion to team that a minor improvement in dserver capability to utilize 2 cores instead of 1 would go a long way in helping populate maps with live objects in multiplayer setting. No need for silly dx changes. Thank you, sorry for moving off topic.

The dserver can use 4 cores. Use bill process manager to define rules for that.

The fact is that there were several variants and sub-variants of the P-40 with slightly different cockpits. I, along with others like Luke, gathered and sent the team as much reference material and manuals we could find. I was even given access to the P-40E at Yanks air museum in Chino, CA which we hoped would be a good reference source and I took detailed pics and gathered as much information as I could there. 

Jason_P40_Cockpit.jpg

Viks heads up our research team and he is very good. He sifted through the materials and he discovered that the P-40"E" I crawled over at Yanks is a P-40E on the external, but the cockpit is a glorified kit-bash of cockpit parts from various models. The instrument panel for instance is not from an E. Other parts inside the cockpit are from different models as well. Viks was good enough to spot the oddities and spot the common parts. Last I talked to him about it, it sounded like he had it wired. From what I've seen so far from early shots it looks accurate. If you don't like our textures that's another issue all together. The geometry and included equipment should be accurate. If there is some horrible mistake I'll talk to them about it, but I doubt there will be. 

Jason

• Upvote 14

The fact is that there were several variants and sub-variants of the P-40 with slightly different cockpits. I, along with others like Luke, gathered and sent the team as much reference material and manuals we could find. I was even given access to the P-40E at Yanks air museum in Chino, CA which we hoped would be a good reference source and I took detailed pics and gathered as much information as I could there.

attachicon.gifJason_P40_Cockpit.jpg

Viks heads up our research team and he is very good. He sifted through the materials and he discovered that the P-40"E" I crawled over at Yanks is a P-40E on the external, but the cockpit is a glorified kit-bash of cockpit parts from various models. The instrument panel for instance is not from an E. Other parts inside the cockpit are from different models as well. Viks was good enough to spot the oddities and spot the common parts. Last I talked to him about it, it sounded like he had it wired. From what I've seen so far from early shots it looks accurate. If you don't like our textures that's another issue all together. The geometry and included equipment should be accurate. If there is some horrible mistake I'll talk to them about it, but I doubt there will be.

Jason

That cockpit looks mahoosive! Fall off the seat and break your neck with the fall! Edited by Hoots

Screenshot65027%20Jason_zps254w1h80.jpg

Jason

This photo is the best argument what I saw. No doubt.

After ten years or so with oversized chin and strange-angled dihedral of the wing in old sturm we have finally pretty accurate model of this iconic WW2 bird.Thanks to guys in Moscow studio and dedication of US of A party  :good:

They need to change the artificial Horizon, and Airspeed Indicator. Other then that, looks great.

The one modeled looks like a Sperry C-5 (but missing the horizon indicator).  The one in the photo looks like a Sperry AN-5736-1 (the most popular).  These were actually made by several manufacturers in several minor variations and were basically all interchangeable as government supplied equipment.