Zak

Developer Diary, Part 108 - Discussion

Hi Everybody!

P-40 is coming really soon. The team is finalizing the textures and the flight model as this dev blog is being posted. The plane turns out to be pretty specific and definitely interesting to fly. And it's particularly notable for the armament - six Browning machine guns. Yes, it may not be enough to intercept a heavy bomber fast and easily, but a fighter won't last a moment against their massive firepower. The effectiveness of two .50 cal machine guns have been introduced to you in the previous update that featured another premium BOM fighter - MC.202. This time you're about to equip at least three times more of the firepower. At least - because the Brownings are also notably more advanced than the Bredas.

Also you'll surely notice that P-40's dimensions are outstanding - it actually looks huge comparing to German and Soviet fighter planes. Maybe Americans just prefer everything big and comfy vehicles. On the one hand it gives the pilot some extra room and provides for more armored elements, on the other hand - these dimensions sure make you an easier target. So stay vigilant and check your six more often.

2015_9_18__15_9_57.jpg       2015_9_18__15_12_10.jpg       2015_9_18__15_15_42.jpg

2015_9_18__15_17_26.jpg       2015_9_18__15_19_8.jpg

Full news

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 17

wwwwwwwwooooooooohhhhhhoooooo can't wait any longer for that fantastic bird.  :salute:

Amazing!!

Cant tell from my phone, is the speed in Mph or Kmh? As a european living in the US for a while, i just started handling Fahrenheit and haven't quite assimilated the miles.

This looks like an amazing addition to the game, can't wait to use those 6x 50cals.

Zak or Han or Jason Can you please answer about Yak flaps and Fw 190 roll rate and climb rate pls?
And nice job!  :salute:

• Upvote 1

Cant tell from my phone, is the speed in Mph or Kmh? As a european living in the US for a while, i just started handling Fahrenheit and haven't quite assimilated the miles.

MPH 

Wow this cockpit looks like straight out of  FS 2002...  :unsure:

Hope this gets much more love before the release.

Edited by JG4_Sputnik
  • Upvote 6

Awesome pics

Very keen to hear your ideas of the new multiplayer mode when you chaps are ready :)

I am wondering if this is simply referring to the tests with 100-player slots on DServer.

Nothing to indicate traditional co-ops or anything else super fancy from what I have seen.

Edited by Space_Ghost

Very (very) nice. 

Of course, the center wing gun should be both about 3/8ths of an inch above and inboard of the center position between the other two guns (seriously). 

I'm just tossing that one out there - lol - you're welcome.   :rolleyes:

Mmmmmmmmmmmm,

fave plane, after the spitfire of course, it looks fantastic. 

Can't wait.

Cheers

Edited by keeno

Good to see it all developing.  Some news about the new multiplayer modes being worked on would be nice too but these summer and autumn maps are becoming more and more tantilizing.

Very nice P40 :salute:

The default skin is very well done as you can see, but don't forget you can paint her with an easy to use template. A lot of room for custom art, especially on the chin.

P-40_Custom_Skin_1.jpg

P-40_Custom_Skin_2.jpg

P-40_Custom_Skin_3.jpg

Jason

• Upvote 2

Wow this cockpit looks like straight out of  FS 2002...  :unsure:

I am holding all opinions on any of his until I get the plane.

Zak or Han or Jason Can you please answer about Yak flaps and Fw 190 roll rate and climb rate pls?

And nice job!  :salute:

I don't believe we are tweaking FMs for those planes any longer.

Jason

Wow this cockpit looks like straight out of FS 2002... :unsure:

DD said the textures are been finished so...let's at least wait for the final version of the plane...

Thanks for answer. But why? I think Fm is important for this game and players trying to help. Ze_Hairy reported fw 190 climb rate. He did test. Look here pls http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17539-fw-190a-3-climb-rate/page-2

Because they apparently don't agree or have time to work on previous planes. Not my call. I just give you the answer.

Jason

the pilot looks way to big for this plane?

attachicon.gifCurtiss_P-40Bbom.jpg

attachicon.gifCurtiss_P-40Bedit.jpg

1. Those are different planes.

B. Looks fine to me. I'm guessing the Soviet pilot is wearing thick winter gear while the pilot in the real life photo seems to be dressed down in summer gear.

Also, I think the angles are playing tricks.

Either way the plane looks badass.

Edited by BorysVorobyov

Han is bigger than both those those pilot models. We only have one pilot model. We don't have the luxury of making multiple pilot models unfortunately.

Jason