Sign in to follow this  
83_Gen_Jeroen

Developer's Diary

It is now 3 weeks ago the last DD was given, before that time it came every week.

Just a late holiday for the DD workers or is there another explanation?

Not sure, but this might be an explanation:

Right now the devs are working frantically to get two major updates ready. One that will feature the P-40 for BoM early access and one that will introduce the new seasons maps and improved 'early' campaign for all BoS players. I originally thought this would be one huge update, but some statements from the devs seem to indicate, that they will be kept seperate.

Maybe the answer simply is, that they've had nothing they were quite ready to show in either department? Jason said last friday, that Zak had something for us, but apparently that was dropped at the last minute.

In any case I really do expect to see something today.

Edited by Finkeren

Well, if it does it happens. Time spent away from a DD is usually put into work towards improvements. At worst, it is used to solve situations external to development that get in the way (ie healing from illness, personal problems, infrastructure problems, etc.) From the info we get from devs and testers recently all hands are on deck.

Yeah, now it really has been too long honestly, with so many things coming up.

Especially considering, that Zak apparently should've posted something last week.

Not a big deal in the grand sceme of things, but this is not exactly the level of communication we're used to.

Yeh it would be really nice to hear something today, it feels like ages since the last one

Don't hold your breath, mate. 

Dare I say that we will see DCS World 1.5 before the next BOS DD?  :crazy:

Edited by Space_Ghost

Don't hold your breath, mate.

Dare I say that we will see DCS World 1.5 before the next BOS DD? :crazy:

Now you're just being mean :cray:

No need to worry.  We know they team is working hard on the next update and the new maps, aircraft and campaign additions are in testing. 

It's not like they old days with the original Il-2 series when half a year would go by and we hardly knew if the developers were alive or dead.

Be glad that good things are coming and they are coming soon.

Edited by Feathered_IV
  • Upvote 1

Very very disappointed never seen a short Developer's Diary like this one. BTW was the first post deleted? :lol: