Sign in to follow this  
1./JG42_SchwarzerPrinz

I look for a 3D Modeling Freeware to create Images of Maneuvers - Help anyone?

As the title says, I'm looking for a way to create Images of Air Combat Maneuvers. What I'm specifically looking for is:

1. A Freeware program that allows me to freely place and orientate 3D models of Airplanes in a 3D environment
  2. Free license models of a Spitfire Mk.V, a Bf109 F4 and a FW 190 A3 or A4
  3. If possible I'd like to create visible flight paths within the 3D environment so I don't have to add them later

Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards,

SchwarzerPrinz

Install any free to use 3D software - Blender, 3DS Max, etc

Jump to 3DCafe or similar and check for free to use models around.

Make new scene, draw paths, assign animation path, adjust curves and timings.

There you go.

Simple !

Edited by =LD=Hethwill_Khan

If you are looking for something easy - go with Google SketchUp.

Hi there!

I have worked a little with Blender. Has great tutorials and a big open source community. Sketch Up is definitly easier to handel but Im not sure if it has the resources for your project. Cinema 4D is good too, if you find a free download for it. Pretty Expensiv for official use.;)

cya

• Upvote 1

Hello,

first of, I'd like to thank the three of you who gave me some feedback! :)

I've made my first steps with Google Sketchup. So far I'm quite happy with what I have achieved and I believe that I will be able to construct my images the way i want them to be - with one exception.

I'm having issues creating flight paths when it comes to roll maneuvers, i.e. rotation around the long axis of the plane. There's no problem creating loops, flat turns or oblique turns. Sketchup recognizes the planes i'm creating and fills in the necessary faces. But when it comes to straight rolls, I have to custom-build a segmented face that I then have to manually rotate. See the image below, I also attached the skp-File.

Is there anyone who could help me out on this one? How can I easily create a rolling maneuver plane that isn't segmented and (ideally) has got curved edges?

Thanks in advance,

SchwarzerPrinz

post-16830-0-91653100-1383823826_thumb.jpg

Download SKP-File

Edited by 1./JG42_SchwarzerPrinz

Sorry, but Im not much in Animation. I work basically with rendering 3D Modells...good luck though;)

This has nothing to do with animation, it's a perfectly static setup. I don't intend to create a moving picture, all I want to achieve is to build some 3D-images of Maneuvers, something along these lines:

image01-05.png

I remember a program that did just that called ACM VIZ it is at M4T. An updated version would be nice... :)