Raha

Track IR issues.

I don't seem to be able to get much range with my track ir. In DCS and il-2 1946, it works fine but BoS I only get just over 90 deg left and right, about 60-70 deg up and only about 20-30 deg down. Am I missing a setting some where?

Also if I toggle my track ir off, the head forward movement in cockpit which is mapped to a hat switch, doesn't work any more. Is this normal?

I'm almost a week into this game and really enjoying the level of detail.  :biggrin:

No that's a good question. I haven't done any tweaking, I did think about it, but don't really know how. In all the years i've had it i've never had to do anything but plug it in and away it goes, never a problem.  :unsure:

You might want to have a look at what profile is associated with BoS

If you don't know how to tweak, first start by changing the template (smooth, slow, fast etc...) and see if there is one that better fit what you are used to.

I'm using the version 5, so I don't know about the 4 interface, but there should be some "shift curve" up and down buttons, which will increase or decrease the sensitivity respectively, for a given template. 

Not all games react the same, IL2 CloD for example is way too sensitive for my taste. (but unfortunately it uses the same profile that 1946) 

Thanks for the help Gruber, I'm using 5 also. It looks as though I need to to a bit of reading and trial and error tweaking.

Thanks again Gruber, I cannot believe I have been using this for so long with out tweaking it, what a difference!  :biggrin:

hi all

I just receive my track ir5.(I was doing with freetrack previously) I think everything is set in a good way  but i have an in game issue.

--> when i open the canopy and  try to have a look outside I stay in the limit of the canopy :blink: .

No way to look by side, i can't see engine flams or my tail.

I tried to set "old trackir to 1 or 0" in config file but the prob still there.

I reinstalled  my Tir software but no way.

I have remove freetrack of my computer but same issue.

the only chance i see now is to reinstall the game but  i am wondering if you 've heard  about this in the comunity.

I don't think my probs come from my TIR curves so any help ll be appreciate.

hi all

I just receive my track ir5.(I was doing with freetrack previously) I think everything is set in a good way  but i have an in game issue.

--> when i open the canopy and  try to have a look outside I stay in the limit of the canopy :blink: .

No way to look by side, i can't see engine flams or my tail.

I tried to set "old trackir to 1 or 0" in config file but the prob still there.

I reinstalled  my Tir software but no way.

I have remove freetrack of my computer but same issue.

the only chance i see now is to reinstall the game but  i am wondering if you 've heard  about this in the comunity.

I don't think my probs come from my TIR curves so any help ll be appreciate.

one thing if you're in the air flying and open canopy you will not be able to stick your head out the window.

I am having a problem with upgrading software.  I have a TrackIR 3 that was/is running software v5.1.3 Final.  I saw that v5.3.0 supports the TrackIR3 so  I downloaded it to try.  I renamed the v5.1.3 folder, ran the install, copied the 2 license files to the license folder and it would not start.  Rebooted the computer and still a no go.  Shut down the computer, unplugged the TrackIR, started up the computer, tried to start the software and still no go.  Then plugged in the TrackIR and the software still would not run.  Tried a reinstall of the software and file copy, still wouldn't run.  The only thing I didn't do was uninstall v5.1.3 as I did think it was necessary.

Had to reinstall v5.1.3. 

Thoughts?