Sign in to follow this  
OBT-Carleo

How loading pictures in a subtitle command

Hello all,

previous week on the DED server  we get message  annoucing the target destruction with a medal pictures

I have found this pictures in my Multiplayer/Dogfight folder but what is the command to call it

like that image.png that ??? 

Do the following:

1. Place a media translator anywhere.

2. In the advanced properties, set "Media Type" to "Image" and set the remaining parameters as required.

Base Time: The length of time (in seconds) that the Media Type is in effect, excluding any fade-in and fade-out time. For example, Base Time specifies how long to display a picture or mute BoS sounds.

Browse, Set: Specifies the path and file name of a media file. Click the Set button to confirm your file specification.

Fade In, Fade Out: The length of time (in seconds) for the media to fade into view and fade out of view.

3. Trigger the media translator with a target link or message link from another mission element.

Edited by JimTM
  • Upvote 1

Thank you.  I supppose the picture must share the same folder with the others mission files. That way, it will be downloaded while the player is connecting onto the mission.  Right ?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I think that is correct. I only tried showing a picture in a single player mission.

Jim

Also note that this picture will show for the entire server when activated if you're playing in multiplayer, not just an individual person. It can get dangerous for the screen to display the picture in the middle of a mission if someone is on final about to land!

• Upvote 1

I made a suggestion that the subtitle MCU should have a radius. Then only players in that radius would see that text. If this was to be implemented, it would be nice to do the same for media (images and sounds).

• Upvote 2