BaiCaiX

Hope BOS/BOM Support Tacview

Tacview is a very useful flight analysis. You can record data of battle, and review any details of the battle.

It is very helpful to ascension flight skill.

Now it has supported a lot of flight simulation games, including: DCS World, Falcon 4, FSX & Prepar3D, EECH, etc. Even support some GPS devices from real life.

I have been talking to the auther of  Tacview about support BOS/BOM, he is very interested in, he want to known more details of BOS engine.

Edited by =CHN=BaiCaiX
  • Upvote 2

They wrote to me awhile back. I can't find the email now. Someone send them my way again and I'll forward the info to Moscow. I have no idea if they'd want to support this though.

Jason

• Upvote 3

Tacview best learning tool for Combat flight Sims there is. TACVIEW for BOM/BOS is a great idea...... and IL2BOS compare whilst you are at it :)... (Youry Puznia you there ? )

• Upvote 2

I've got it and think its a great tool.

I would love if it could be used with BoS & BoM too, just adding my voice to the "YES PLEASE" group

They wrote to me awhile back. I can't find the email now. Someone send them my way again and I'll forward the info to Moscow. I have no idea if they'd want to support this though.

Jason

Ok Jason, i send the information to the dev, because it would be great to have that tool for Bos, and even for RoF.

Hello Jason,

I’m Frantz ‘Vyrtuoz’ Raia the creator of Tacview. For a long time I dreamed of an “ACMI” tool to analyse furballs like only WWI & WWII could provide us! As a fan of IL2 series I always wanted to support it. Unfortunately, because of the lack of official documentation I was not able to get enough data from it to generate proper flight recordings containing the whole battlefield activity.

As already mentioned in the past, I would gladly provide IL2 & Rise of Flight dev team all the support and documentation necessary for them to produce flight recordings compatible with Tacview. I can also develop as well an exporter if the dev team provides me adequate information and access to IL2/RoF API.

Please have a look at Tacview website: http://tacview.strasoftware.com

Like mentioned, the current file format is fully documented here: http://tacview.strasoftware.com/documentation/acmi/

Note that the first draft of a new simpler and much more powerful file format should be available this November.

Feel free to contact me at the email address provided on web site or by PM.

Frantz

Jason

• Upvote 7

Frantz,

I got your message although I am not sure you are the same people who contacted me before. I will forward to the team, but they have a long history of refusing to work with third parties or programs so please do not be surprised if they take a pass.

Jason

Unfortunately no… Over the years, I never received any answer from the dev team :(

Unfortunately no… Over the years, I never received any answer from the dev team :(

Unfortunate indeed and very disappointing that they didn't even respond, especially since they have such good public comms. It is clearly a great tool for learning BFM & ACM.

Unfortunate indeed and very disappointing that they didn't even respond, especially since they have such good public comms. It is clearly a great tool for learning BFM & ACM.

:mellow:

I agree wholeheartedly that Tacview would really enhance BOS/BOM.  +1

+1 ...and I might come back to flightsimming....after more than 20 years of trying out all the existing flightsims, they might awake my interest again!!!

Otherwise this genre will go the way the Dinosaurs went...I bought into BOS and BOM only to support the devs...I only fly occasionally now

Conclusion: make an exception to your rule and work with this fantastic 3rd party group: you will see a flow of new and old customers coming in...

Learning and improving skill in WWII online combat is a very tough task.

TacView is what can ease the pain alot since it simply focusses on the very important aspects of arieal combat and strafing / bombing raids.

I really hope that the developers take a close look at this.

+1

Just want to add my support to this. TacView is invaluable. It absolutely and immeasurably increases the appeal and enhances the value of any flight-sim product, with no loss or harm to the producers.

Yes please +1 for Tacview.  Perhaps an additional config setting to enable for those people who are interested.  Thanks!