Zak

Developer Diary, Part 106 - Discussion

Fall is coming! The new seasonal map will soon be complete, and today we're finally ready to give you a sneak peek at what we've got. The rest of the development is going as planned, so let's keep fingers crossed for the BOS add-on to be published in time. That's up to us to make this possible, and everyone in the dev team is doing their best to make it happen. Also we've started to work on the Moscow map - right in time according to the project plan, so soon we'll be sharing some WIP screenshots from it as well.

And today - a few fresh screenshots from the autumn Stalingrad.

2015_8_21__13_29_50.jpg       2015_8_21__13_49_54.jpg       2015_8_21__13_56_19.jpg

2015_8_21__13_58_24.jpg       2015_8_21__14_30_17.jpg

Full news

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 11

That looks awesome!

I really like those gunboats, nasty looking little things. Can`t wait to bomb them! Or to defend them :)

Thanks for the news :salute:

Edited by Zami

Will the gunboats be the only ships we get? A barge or other type of boat used by the Red Army for transporting reinforcements and supplies over the Volga to Stalingrad would be very useful for mission building.

Will the gunboats be the only ships we get? A barge or other type of boat used by the Red Army for transporting reinforcements and supplies over the Volga to Stalingrad would be very useful for mission building.

There are more including huge barges

• Upvote 1

I love the water in the gunboat picture. This will be a lot of fun to fly around in.

Ah, even a correct divisional marking on the Panzer III (16th Panzer Division). Nice. :cool:

WOW!!! Wowowowowooow!!!

That looks AWESOME!! Even better and more colorful than summer.

I just love the way the trees are different shades of green and brown, such a huge improvement over the uniformly pale brown trees of the Autumn maps in Rise of Flight.

The gun boat and (especially) the water effects look downright spectacular :biggrin: Better than I had hoped for.

And it's all coming really soon :) great times we live in.

Ah, even a correct divisional marking on the Panzer III (16th Panzer Division). Nice. :cool:

The winter textures of the Pz III, StuG and Sd.Kfz have 16th Panzer Division markings too. In my opinion this isn't a good idea, it would be better to use vehicle textures without unit markings. The war wasn't fought by the 16th Panzer Division alone.

So. This looks amazing. But pardon my silliness, are the screenshot the sneak peak? Or is there some update with a small map portion?

Here's the location of the first image in reality in Autumn (October 2013). Looks pretty good!

Great comparison shoto dude! This autumn map looks to be a big shot in the arm!

So. This looks amazing. But pardon my silliness, are the screenshot the sneak peak? Or is there some update with a small map portion?

Sneak peak of the upcoming BoS map addon. It includes summer and autumn maps for Stalingrad.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry:I'll be on a splendid vacation for 3 weeks , but I might miss the introduction of so much new stuff...sigh.... :huh:

Great comparison shot dude! This autumn map looks to be a big shot in the arm!

Thanks. The Don is really a very pleasant place, very peaceful, nice wooden cottages, fish. Very restful for a day out but I don't think I'd like it in February!

The tracks are backwards, a common museum issue.  Although, to be fair, the tracks are sometimes (rarely) seen backwards on one or both sides in WW2 pictures.

We keep seeing tanks in screen shots are the dev's trying to hint at something?

Looking just wonderful I must say :salute:

uhhh realistic ww2 tank sim from the 777/1cgs .....my dream (and definitely not only my dream!!!)

This is looking really good guys...that first screen shot...looks like a painting...and a very good one at that.  Excellent...