FuriousMeow

Blackout/redout - anyone experienced it recently?

As long as the devs are aware, I´m confident it will be fixed.

We just need to wait a bit until they have time to work on it, I´m sure they have more important things on their workflows.

Honor system..in a high G move...squint your eyes... :biggrin:

For redouts, just plug your nose and strain.

Steps for desk-simulated redouts:

1. Sit at desk

2. Enter your preferred death dealing machine and push the stick full forward

3. Plug nose and begin straining

4. HNNNNNNNNNG

5. Pass out and hit head on desk

6. Wait for wife to call for medical assistance.

• Upvote 2

Test in an FW-190 and dive to 700kph and pull out without breaking the wings off to reach 8-10gs and report.

Take an IL-2 up to 5000m or higher and try to get 2.3Gs or more. Should see it then.

If not it is possible broken.

Jason

I just tested the Fw-190 several times, I couldn't get it to blackout even a little bit no matter what I did. Video of the whole thing, including armament screen below:

https://youtu.be/SV04AQ7kFLI

I also tested the MC.202 with similar results.

Edited by King_Hrothgar

Blackouts are not entirely missing. I managed to get close to blackout when I dived my Bf 109 to 800km/h and tried to recover using the trim wheel. Then i was starting to blackout right before the wings broke off. Somehow this favors high maneuverable aircraft. Their pilots can conduct high speed high g moves without the real world penalty they should suffer from. For some reason those are ... I shall not speculate.

I've also noticed that I have no problems if I don't let the engine warm up before I taxi. My setting is no check for engine warm. I don't know, they may be connected. :ph34r:

Now that I've mentioned it, I just fried a 109 engine due to not letting it warm up.

Strange!! :wacko:

Still have not blacked out or redded out. I try!! :rolleyes:

Besides the lack of blackout in all circumstances (did rip the wings off a few times), I was also able to fly around in a Yak at 400 kph with my head all way out of the cockpit.  I thought they fixed that a while back.

Take an IL-2 up to 5000m or higher and try to get 2.3Gs or more. Should see it then.

My signature move in the Bf-109G2 was to dive on a target from 5000m, miss everything, and pull straight up to pass out out from g-force for a good 3-4 seconds exposing my whole aircraft, and die before my eyes would open.

I tried it this time and didn't even start to black out. La-5 and F-4 same results.

Edited by Y-29.Silky

Pardon my ignorance, but where do you see how many Gs are you pulling?

I don't think you can see it its based on knowledge that pulling an aircraft at a speed and rate of turn generates the G. For me if you break the wings off in a pull with no blackout there must be something wrong.

I´ve also tried it out in different aircraft but couldn´t neither get a blackout nor a redout - here is a video in the Yak

I wasn't being biased despite what was implied, I did say "every plane." It was simply the 190 I chose to use because it is known for it's design to allow the pilots to attain higher Gs due to the design of the seat and so when it fell apart after holding high Gs for a sustained period I thought something was up. WWII German fighters (109/190) were known for their seat design to allow higher Gs based on the seat being declined and the butt being placed lower into the seat so the legs were straighter. So they were the best "nationality" to test something wasn't right when those airplanes fell apart without noticing any G effects.

Thank you Jason and 777!

Edited by FuriousMeow

I know I am resurrecting an old thread from the grave, but was the issues with no blackouts ever fixed?  I have never experienced one in game.

Thanks!

Where exactly can I disable this setting? 

Thank you 

50 minutes ago, Avyx said:

Where exactly can I disable this setting? 

Thank you 

Don't think you can.