Sign in to follow this  
EFPQuidPanic

Saitek X52 Controls

Hello,

Just bought the game IL2-BOS

Can someone help me to set up my controls correctly for Saitek X52?

Thanks in advance

Has anyone got an X-52 profile they can share. I've been looking all over the internet and can't find one anywhere.

I have same controller. I found it best to assign keys to my need instead of learning someone elses.

I started with default controls, parked on runway in expert mode. If you can takoff fly around and land with using the keyboard then that's a good start. From there add a enemy AI bomber/ground target and set up the weapons. Point is, keep your hands on the controls and off the keyboard as much as possible.

Good luck

Point is, keep your hands on the controls and off the keyboard as much as possible. 

But don't map things like Landing Gear, Flaps in joystick grip buttons (this is secondary controls*, set on throttle buttons), joy buttons should be used for: control you weapons* and SA (camera if dont use Headtrack) ZOOM, FOV's. ;)

* Rockets and bombs are secondary weapons - and have use only few seconds on every mission - don't need a dedicated button, the buttons that control primary weapons (MG, cannon) can control rockets and bombs with a modifier (a safety factor).

The game have strange options for flaps, trim, radiator with different names for different planes, but ignore this and set all under same buttons, so dont matter if the "nose trim attitude" is done be wheel, electrical button or crack in this or that plane, you will control in same way for every plane in that HAT (for example).

*Yak "drivers" may will not agree.  :biggrin: