Jason_Williams

M.C. 202 Series 8 Skins

Looks like I have been absent for quite a while. 

Any requests for the Regia Aeronautica? Skin pack for Soviet Union Campaign?

Edited by SPEKTRE76

Hi Melkarth ;)thanks, the winter skin for the Macchi is a great idea :salute:

Edited by Swing
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2018 at 12:41 AM, =IL2AUS=Wanganui_Wildcat said:

Hmmm might have to wait until the new patch then, That bare metal is a bit beyond my skill level at the moment. Made this one instead.

Japanese Army inspired Mc-202/Ki-61 Tony 4k Skin by Wildcat

http://www.mediafire.com/file/igdtk4ffmd022qm/Ki61+Tony+Skin+Pack.rar

Redtail.jpg

The above is Ki-61 of the 244th Sentai, flown by Group CO Capt Teruhiko Kobayashi, Chofu Airfield, April 1945

tony2.jpg

Kawasaki Ki-61-I-Tei 18th sentai Japanese Army Air Service 1944

blue_tail.jpg

Sadly the rar file is corrupted when I download it. And I really want some jap skins for this machine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Field-Ops said:

Sadly the rar file is corrupted when I download it. And I really want some jap skins for this machine. 

Hey mate, a couple of people have had this problem, and it seems to be sorted if you get the latest version of what ever the zip program your using is. I used the latest version on winrar to zip it, not sure if that is the source of the issue. Please try updating and see if that helps as I would love to know if that fixes your issue. I will however post links to the individual .dds files in the original post which aren't zipped so you shouldn't have any issue with them.

• Thanks 1

Well, I'm usually not fond of "fake" skins, but I have to admit that these ones are nice.

10 minutes ago, Field-Ops said:

That did the trick. Thanks a bunch!

No problem, i'm not sure why it happens but it must be something to do with the latest version of winrar. Glad I could help!

6 minutes ago, UF_Zargos said:

Well, I'm usually not fond of "fake" skins, but I have to admit that these ones are nice.

Thanks, one with the blue tail was meant to be mostly bare metal but I haven't figured out how to get that looking right, but the other two are historical, despite being on the wrong aircraft type.

Some other makis uncoming...

I prefer waiting for the 3.01 release to use new bare metal skin

MlUY9Vl.jpg

VgLAQvf.jpg

HuWWmz7.jpg

23MLFz5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

4 hours ago, =IL2AUS=Wanganui_Wildcat said:

ICDP that looks fantastic. Any chance you could share a template with the bare metal layer?

The existing template and alpha psd files already allow this  I make a simple base layer in light grey with a hint of blue.  Then use the alpha channel from the bare metal skin as a guide.  The new metal effect on the Mc.202 and P-40 makes bare metal effect much easier.  I would like if the devs made this possible on all aircraft rather than ones they assumed would get bare metal.  For example doing the same on the other aircraft results in a weird polished grey look.

30 minutes ago, ICDP said:

The existing template and alpha psd files already allow this  I make a simple base layer in light grey with a hint of blue.  Then use the alpha channel from the bare metal skin as a guide.  The new metal effect on the Mc.202 and P-40 makes bare metal effect much easier.  I would like if the devs made this possible on all aircraft rather than ones they assumed would get bare metal.  For example doing the same on the other aircraft results in a weird polished grey look.

Is that on the 4k template or the 2k template? I have to be honest I don't really understand what you mean as I am still pretty new to skinning but I would really love to learn more!

You just have to edit alpha channel to get mat effects over the camo and bare metal effect over the metallic parts of the fuselage. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Hey guys!

I have started a career with my the Macchi in the 22. Gruppo Caccia Terrestre, but it's annoying me that I don't have a skin for that squadron. Currently I can't do skins myself, so I'm asking if any of you guys could make me a fictional skin of that squad. I'm including pics of the emblems and of reconstructions I found.

On the cowling, I'd like to be written „Cátala e pórtala a cá“ which means „Take it and bring it home“ in an accent I speak. That's the fictional part. I've included a pic of the „Baracca“ writing on another Macchi, it should be a similar font but a bit bigger.

That's a lot to wish for, I know.

Best regards, Kampfbiber

1200px-Lesser_coat_of_arms_of_the_Kingdom_of_Italy_(1929-1943).svg.png

RA-Macchi-C.202-53S22G369SA-369-12-Capodichino-Naples-02.jpg

9261558799_2fa2de21d6_b.jpg

RA-Macchi-C.202-53S22G369SA-369-1-MM9691-Capodichino-Naples-01.jpg

c4b1a556dae6f41082ae9f0a3519e7bc.png

Hello Kampfbiber, I can make you a skin for your campaign with the marks you want, but the photos and profile that you show does not represent the Russian front, the identification marks were yellow, not white and they had white triangles on the wings normally, it's my opinion and it may be incorrect I do not have much information about this plane.
In the predetermined skins of the game you have a sample of what I tell you.
Tell me something when you can.
regards
:soldier:

19 minutes ago, E69_julian57 said:

Hello Kampfbiber, I can make you a skin for your campaign with the marks you want, but the photos and profile that you show does not represent the Russian front, the identification marks were yellow, not white and they had white triangles on the wings normally, it's my opinion and it may be incorrect I do not have much information about this plane.
In the predetermined skins of the game you have a sample of what I tell you.
Tell me something when you can.
regards
:soldier:

Hi Julian!

I did some research about the topic, and found multiple sources which were contradicting each other. In some cases, it seems like the 22° G. C. T. never had M.C.202's, but rather M.C.200's and R.E.2000's. 

But then I found a scheme of the M.C.202 with the triangles and yellow stripes you described, I've included it below.

So if you could do a skin like that for me, with the squad emblem, the writing on the cowling and maybe a thin red stripe on the yellow band right infront of the spinner (it's fictional after all ;)) I'd be very thankful.

BR, Kampfbiber.

fdd53cb59d2c2e91e691ad73f513735b.jpg

Let's see, what squad you want and what number, the source will look for one that looks like.

6 minutes ago, E69_julian57 said:

Let's see, what squad you want and what number, the source will look for one that looks like.

I want 22° Gruppo Caccia Terrestre, so the first number should be 369, and for personal number I think I'll go with 15.

12 hours ago, E69_julian57 said:

Something like that

2018_3_19_0_14_32.jpg

2018_3_19_0_19_29.jpg

Oh this is absolutely fantastic! Great Job. 

But there was a slight misconception. I'd like the „Càtala e pòrtala a cà!“ instead of the 4° Baracca writing on the cowling. And in a bit bigger writing than that.

But wow, this already looks crazy good!

Edited by =FEW=Kampfbiber

Hello fellow pilots!

I've tried myself on some skinning, and created two 4k skins for a What-If scenario where the M.C.202s ordered by the swiss airforce actually have been delivered.

One of them is in the the classical green tone found on swiss Bf 109 E7s as well, and the other is simply the standard green camo on tan background with swiss insignia, and a very stylish white spinner.

But take a look by yourself:

Spoiler

2018_3_30__15_0_33.jpg.19a356313842dc2efe4a3e7fdd10e9ec.jpg

And the second one:

Spoiler

2018_3_30__14_46_16.jpg.d50858fe446e0edb788eeb7b7a7efc2a.jpg

I hope you enjoy the looks of the red and white as much as I do.

If you know which font exactly was used by the swiss air force during ww2, please tell me.

Here are the download links :salute::

Camo: https://1fichier.com/?t7zt7tcncr

Green: https://1fichier.com/?w9ads0rpee

Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Hello everybody. Can someone create some skins with these pattern and these emblems? 

I know this is a macchi mc 200, but colors and emblems were often the same

I'd like to see a skin based on M.C. 202s that saw service with the Allies and or the Italian Co-Belligerent Air Force if anyone is capable and interested. 

Image result for italian co-belligerent air force m.c. 202

On 6/13/2018 at 1:28 PM, =FEW=ayamoth89 said:

Hello everybody. Can someone create some skins with these pattern and these emblems? 

I know this is a macchi mc 200, but colors and emblems were often the same

Thinking about doing some skinning again. I could do some of them. If you could help me with finding png's of the emblems it would be really helpful!

Well...

to my defense, this is only my 3th skin I've ever done and I haven't done skinning in a while...

But yeah, that's my interpretation of a fictional skin of the 22° Gruppo, No. 369 "Cucaracha".

It has many flaws, I wont go into detail on all of them ;)

I've gotta get some kind of routine in the future doing this, if anyone wants the skin message me!

I'll take a break from the Macchi, and I will concentrate on another skinning project I have going on.

Cheers! :)

Cucaracha.jpg

• Like 1