Photo

Prangster's IL-2 BoS Mission Building Guide

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#81 JimTM

JimTM
  • Founder

Posted 13 November 2016 - 00:08

Thanks guys! I found the error, something did not work correctly with "MCU Translator: Mission begin" when it was connected to the waypoint, it finally worked once I did a complete resetup.

:)

Great. FYI, you should put a short timer trigger (1 or 2 seconds) after mission begin as standard practice; it lets internal mission start processing complete.

#82 andyw248

andyw248
  • Founder

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:56

Minor issue on page 30 (where a waypoint is added):

• The screenshot shows the trigger timer WAYPOINT 2Sec being targeted by the existing trigger timer START 2Sec.
  • The text describes how the trigger timer WAYPOINT 2Sec is created, but it doesn't say that it also needs to be a target of trigger timer START 2Sec. Without this, the waypoint will not be created, and the LaGG will just circle around its spawning point.

Otherwise I really like this guide - lots of interesting details even for folks that have created missions before. Thanks!

#83 10.N./ZG1_SPEKTRE76

10.N./ZG1_SPEKTRE76
  • Founder

Posted 29 December 2016 - 23:47

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

SIGNATURE_ZG1.png

#84 No601_Prangster

No601_Prangster
  • Founder

Posted 31 December 2016 - 00:26

I've resaved the templates for the new game version. I'll update the guide at some stage.

TPRegBanner.jpg

#85 EAF_Starfire

EAF_Starfire

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:44

Thanks for getting me on my way  :salute:

"....Perspective only comes from knowing more than you need to know"
- Chris Kubasik

#86 ethantokes

ethantokes

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:38

I am getting super aggro because I have followed this guide to a T and my aircraft are flying in circles instead of performing area attack. Someone help... D:

#87 ethantokes

ethantokes

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:44

Minor issue on page 30 (where a waypoint is added):

• The screenshot shows the trigger timer WAYPOINT 2Sec being targeted by the existing trigger timer START 2Sec.
  • The text describes how the trigger timer WAYPOINT 2Sec is created, but it doesn't say that it also needs to be a target of trigger timer START 2Sec. Without this, the waypoint will not be created, and the LaGG will just circle around its spawning point.

Otherwise I really like this guide - lots of interesting details even for folks that have created missions before. Thanks!

I am desperately trying to figure out what you were saying here, because my planes are circling around their spawn. Could you articulate further?

#88 Habu

Habu
  • Tester

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:42

Did your command attack area is link to your leader AI plane ?

If not, you have to link it.

Here is the scheme you have to do :

AI plane leader --- Add Target --- Waypoint 01 --- Add target --- Command attack area

Waypoint 01 and Command attack area ---- Add object ---- AI plane Leader

In the exemple, i use onlly one waypoint, so it's the waypoint before teh attack which have to be link to the command attack area.

For your problem of plane which are circling around the spawn, You have to activate the waypoint after your plane spawn. That's why it talks about a timer of 2 sec.

Here is the scheme i use for spawn or activate plane in the air :

Mission begin ----- Timer 01 ---- Command Spawn ---- AI plane

|------------ Timer 02 (set between 2 and 5 seconds) ------ Waypoint 01

Timer 01 and Timer 02 are link like that : Timer 01 -- add Target --- Timer 02

Waypoint 01 is link to AI plane : Waypoint 01--- Add object --- AI plane

Be carrefull, spawn units do not act as a group. There is a limitation. So you have to set a waypoint to each plane which spawn. It's diferrent for a group which is activated, where you have to set any command to the leader.

Edited by Habu, 20 March 2017 - 10:42.

#89 TP_Jacko

TP_Jacko
  • Founder

Posted 20 March 2017 - 13:05

I am getting super aggro because I have followed this guide to a T and my aircraft are flying in circles instead of performing area attack. Someone help... D:

It can be frustrating but in the end its all very logical.

Can you also post a pic of what you mission editor looks like. A picture is worth many words.

Cheers

#90 ethantokes

ethantokes

Posted 20 March 2017 - 20:02

Hope you guys can see what I can't! Thanks for the help! Pic below.

My mission begins elsewhere btw, these are the enemy planes.

I've also tried it without the deactivate and no difference.

Attached Files

Edited by ethantokes, 20 March 2017 - 20:04.

#91 Habu

Habu
  • Tester

Posted 20 March 2017 - 22:21

Your waypoint is too close from planes. Put your waypoint at the location of the command attack area, and relocate the command attack area away.

#92 ethantokes

ethantokes

Posted 20 March 2017 - 22:33

Your waypoint is too close from planes. Put your waypoint at the location of the command attack area, and relocate the command attack area away.

You are my hero. It works, I think what was causing it is the fact that they always seem to make this circular pass prior to launching their attack and I was passing out of view before their attack initiated, they were actually probably chasing me the whole time, just way too far away.

#93 Habu

Habu
  • Tester

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:55

Your waypoint was too close, so when your waypoint is activated, your plane is already after your waypoint, so thay have to go back, and the leader have to fly in the area of the waypoint to activate the next one, which is the command attack area. And as you have many planes, it's difficult to him to reach the area of the waypoint.

For debugging, you can use : Translator Subtitle, and translator icon. ;)

#94 TP_Jacko

TP_Jacko
  • Founder

Posted 19 April 2017 - 17:01

For debugging, you can use : Translator Subtitle, and translator icon. ;)

Amen to this tip its amazing what yiu find out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users